What Would Scott Do?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What Would Scott Do?

http://www.news-press.com/article/20...wing-DUI-crash

I may not agree with everything that the Sheriff says or does but he would not retain a LEO that comes to work drunk or one that abuses prescription drugs!

Re: What Would Scott Do?

Quote Originally Posted by WWSD
    http://www.news-press.com/article/20...wing-DUI-crash

I may not agree with everything that the Sheriff says or does but he would not retain a LEO that comes to work drunk or one that abuses prescription drugs!
    What is it that you can't understand why the intoxicated officer was not fired? Alpha Lieutenant and Sergeants were made aware of the problem NUMEROUS times and never did nuthin bout it. Just about every officer especially female fielded those drunk dials and complained to above mentioned. Command was also aware. Therefore the department would have been liable for civil suit. Thus the suspension and probation. Not rocket science. So quit licking the sheriff's scrotum, he would have had to do the same thing in that position.

You are wrong Reality bites! See Sheriff Scott's comments below from Fox4 article.

Viewers Sound Off on Drunk Officer Dilemma
    Posted: Jun 23, 2011 9:48 PM EDT
    Updated: Jun 23, 2011 9:48 PM EDT

"I would have fired him in a heartbeat."

That's what Lee County Sheriff Mike Scott says should have happened to Fort Myers police officer Christopher Rieman.

"He showed up to work drunk and was caught red handed; blowing a .297...nearly four times the legal limit," said Mike Scott. "He would have been dismissed and I would have been out in front of it in a heartbeat decrying his embarrassing actions."

But should Lee County Sheriff Mike Scott give his two cents, when it comes to another agency?

Tony writing in on our Facebook page concurs.

"Yes, if the LCSO was asked to be involved or to investigate."

Jasena posts:

"Believe me when some of the LCSO officers do wrong sometimes he upholds it also. He only is saying this because he knows a lot of people are in an uproar."

Many of residents can't believe Reiman is still on the job and was only suspended for 2 weeks without pay. Fort Myers police say this is because he admitted he's an alcoholic and is voluntarily seeking treatment. He gets to keep his job and days after we first told you about this, you're still in disbelief.

Viewers' responses:

"So if I get caught drinking and driving will I get arrested even if I admit to having a problem?

Kurt asks, "If we get stopped for a DUI or drinking and we say, oh we're sorry I'm an alcoholic and we're going to go for help is that going to squash the ticket?"

Vicky from Fort Myers says, "I got pulled over for DUI, I'm still jumping through the hoops with the breathalyzer thing on my truck. You guys need to step up and do something."

Looks like not much more will be done. Chief Bakers says he doesn't condone what the officer did, but stands by his decision not to fire him.

Quote Originally Posted by WWSD
    You are wrong Reality bites! See Sheriff Scott's comments below from Fox4 article.

Viewers Sound Off on Drunk Officer Dilemma
    Posted: Jun 23, 2011 9:48 PM EDT
    Updated: Jun 23, 2011 9:48 PM EDT

"I would have fired him in a heartbeat."

That's what Lee County Sheriff Mike Scott says should have happened to Fort Myers police officer Christopher Rieman.

"He showed up to work drunk and was caught red handed; blowing a .297...nearly four times the legal limit," said Mike Scott. "He would have been dismissed and I would have been out in front of it in a heartbeat decrying his embarrassing actions."

But should Lee County Sheriff Mike Scott give his two cents, when it comes to another agency?

Tony writing in on our Facebook page concurs.

"Yes, if the LCSO was asked to be involved or to investigate."

Jasena posts:

"Believe me when some of the LCSO officers do wrong sometimes he upholds it also. He only is saying this because he knows a lot of people are in an uproar."

Many of residents can't believe Reiman is still on the job and was only suspended for 2 weeks without pay. Fort Myers police say this is because he admitted he's an alcoholic and is voluntarily seeking treatment. He gets to keep his job and days after we first told you about this, you're still in disbelief.

Viewers' responses:

"So if I get caught drinking and driving will I get arrested even if I admit to having a problem?

Kurt asks, "If we get stopped for a DUI or drinking and we say, oh we're sorry I'm an alcoholic and we're going to go for help is that going to squash the ticket?"

Vicky from Fort Myers says, "I got pulled over for DUI, I'm still jumping through the hoops with the breathalyzer thing on my truck. You guys need to step up and do something."

Looks like not much more will be done. Chief Bakers says he doesn't condone what the officer did, but stands by his decision not to fire him.
    Am I wrong WWSD? You think MS knew the FACTS i mentioned earlier? Not too difficult to armchair quarterback when it's not your call and you don't know the FACTS! But giving MS the benefit of the doubt, maybe he would have never allowed something like that to happen as he would have given the help that the Officer needed long before it came down to what happened. The blame belongs with the Alpha Lieutenant and the Sergeants (particularly the one female thats now on Charlie). If they would have done their jobs and helped a brother in need, this would be a non story. But they didn't. THey ignored it, talked about it behind his back and DID NOTHING. They are the ones that needed termination.

We had a strong UNION then. Look what we got now???? SHIZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ :devil: :devil: :devil:

Why didn't Admin get help for the L.T. with the pill popin problem. This guy was down town on pill rage throwing citizens around like rag dolls.

MS wouldn't have ever given an officer an award for playing dice with the boyz in the hood. Alpha shift Officer D.Z. is full of shitzz.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    MS wouldn't have ever given an officer an award for playing dice with the boyz in the hood. Alpha shift Officer D.Z. is full of shitzz.

Cmo'n Man!!!!!! You know how this department works. The people of Dunbar have all of the POWER!!!!
    This department is all about kissin AZZES,,,,,,,......

That is becasue our staff and chief has no balls to be real cops. At least Mike Scott tells the News Press to pack sand. Baker hides behind the PIO scum when it comes to Fox 4 in your corner! Baker will not even come out and say he will not talk to Fox 4.

Quote Originally Posted by road
    That is becasue our staff and chief has no balls to be real cops. At least Mike Scott tells the News Press to pack sand. Baker hides behind the PIO scum when it comes to Fox 4 in your corner! Baker will not even come out and say he will not talk to Fox 4.
    at least do some fact checking before you start talking, douche bag has been talking to fox 4 just not to WW

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast