Raises next year

Raises next year

With the County just losing the 13,000,000 appeal, the even larger lawsuit coming, and Murdock Village aka the gift that keeps on taking how many of you think we’ll get raises anytime soon. As soon as this was announced I could just picture our number one LE hater Commissioner Starr just counting the ways he could screw us. We always seem to be ones that pay for their mistakes. Just how much are they going to want to cut from the CCSO budget? What’s going to be the first to go?

Re: Raises next year

The truth is finally spoken. The County Commissioners are the ones holding the purse strings. All the candidates promising the raises don’t really have the ability to deliver. Where are you going to make the cuts? Let’s eliminate some of those unneeded administration guys. Yeh, that’ll do it. That is of course you can’t do math. Let’s go on the real high side and say a Captain makes 80grand, yes I know they don’t. Fire a captain and spread that over the rest of the agency. Before taxes you’ll get about $6.00 every paycheck. I just don’t what I’ll pay off first with that extra dough. Don’t you worry, because Commissioner Starr has a plan and he’s got Sapp and Pope to play along with it. All you guys at the jail better listen up. Starr has them convinced that he doesn’t want to privatize the jail anymore. He wants the County Commissioners to run the jail. It’s just a ploy because Starr already has a private company lined up to come take over. Starr then gets$$$$$$. The jail gets separated from the CCSO budget and maybe we LE guys will get a raise if Starr decides to be nice and kick a few extra dollars into the Sheriff’s budget.

Quote Originally Posted by Stealth?
    The truth is finally spoken. The County Commissioners are the ones holding the purse strings. All the candidates promising the raises don’t really have the ability to deliver. Where are you going to make the cuts? Let’s eliminate some of those unneeded administration guys. Yeh, that’ll do it. That is of course you can’t do math. Let’s go on the real high side and say a Captain makes 80grand, yes I know they don’t. Fire a captain and spread that over the rest of the agency. Before taxes you’ll get about $6.00 every paycheck. I just don’t what I’ll pay off first with that extra dough. Don’t you worry, because Commissioner Starr has a plan and he’s got Sapp and Pope to play along with it. All you guys at the jail better listen up. Starr has them convinced that he doesn’t want to privatize the jail anymore. He wants the County Commissioners to run the jail. It’s just a ploy because Starr already has a private company lined up to come take over. Starr then gets$$$$$$. The jail gets separated from the CCSO budget and maybe we LE guys will get a raise if Starr decides to be nice and kick a few extra dollars into the Sheriff’s budget.
    This is one statement you have made that I can finally agree with! I wouldn't be surprised if the commissioners don't privatize the jail, knowing it's a bad idea but go into it with the short term in mind. When it fails in two years, they will have saved their money and they can hire all new staff when the CCSO takes it back, paying 32k a year.(You don't think they will have the same pay structure they do now, do you?) That savings will be appreciated for years to come. Hold on cage kickers, you're in for a hell of a bumpy ride!

Howdy kids, CCSO retired person here (26) years, I retired 3 years ago. I don’t support any Sheriff’s candidate just as I didn’t when I was doing “Da job”.
    I do come in here occasionally to watch the current & former deputies hit each other over the head with the monkey wrench, It’s either this or I go sit on the bench at the mall. My comment here is regarding the aforementioned commissioner. I’ve know this guy since I briefly worked the “Islands” back in the last 80’s. He was a “problem” back then and NOT a friend to L.E. I was HORRIFIED when he was elected. No matter who you pull the trigger for in the Sheriff’s race take an extra minute and try and vote him OUT.

Sincerely,

Darrell (Same name as my other brother)

"I’ve know this guy since I briefly worked the “Islands” back in the last 80’s.)
    I meant LATE 80's, please don't hit me in the head with the wrench for a typo. (He lived on Palm Island) back then. (Constant pain in the @ss)