Rebel Flag - Page 4
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Rebel Flag

Re: Rebel Flag

And who cares? As long as he doesn't bring it to work....

I know that reading SOP is not popular, but read the SOP on vehicle operations and use. It specifically states that all marked vehicles with the new design (2006 and later) will only display the issued Sheriff tag on the front of the car. Old style cars could display any front tag that was law enforcement, military, and/or patriotic in nature and was professional in appearance. There are few to no old style cars still rocking the streets. Whether or not the Confederate flag is allowed or in good taste or was a case of mistaken identity is moot. Nothing but the Sheriff's tag is authorized.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    I know that reading SOP is not popular, but read the SOP on vehicle operations and use. It specifically states that all marked vehicles with the new design (2006 and later) will only display the issued Sheriff tag on the front of the car. Old style cars could display any front tag that was law enforcement, military, and/or patriotic in nature and was professional in appearance. There are few to no old style cars still rocking the streets. Whether or not the Confederate flag is allowed or in good taste or was a case of mistaken identity is moot. Nothing but the Sheriff's tag is authorized.
    I bet you the other kids stole your lunch money in school

Thank you Guest » 07/27/12 03:03:56 for posting what is your SOP which I think amounts to common sense.

I said earlier:

Some people look at that as a form of advertising of what YOU stand for. LEO or not. And some people do not agree with what those different flags/symbols stand for, and they see it and are immediately in conflict with you.

The people you encounter ALREADY judge you by the uniform, don't need them to judge you more by having them view what your personal views are. You could be met with hostility OR you could be met with someone expecting a little more latitude because their views are similar to yours.

I think its better to just look as plain, common, nondescript as possible. I'm a civilian and that's what I do.

Anybody up for debating a different controversial topic in a new thread? maybe civilians videoing the police, or no-knock warrants, move over law, or left lane cruising?

I am your Huckleberry.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePvtCitizen
    Thank you Guest » 07/27/12 03:03:56 for posting what is your SOP which I think amounts to common sense.

I said earlier:

Some people look at that as a form of advertising of what YOU stand for. LEO or not. And some people do not agree with what those different flags/symbols stand for, and they see it and are immediately in conflict with you.

The people you encounter ALREADY judge you by the uniform, don't need them to judge you more by having them view what your personal views are. You could be met with hostility OR you could be met with someone expecting a little more latitude because their views are similar to yours.

I think its better to just look as plain, common, nondescript as possible. I'm a civilian and that's what I do.

Anybody up for debating a different controversial topic in a new thread? maybe civilians videoing the police, or no-knock warrants, move over law, or left lane cruising?

I am your Huckleberry.

Holy Crapola "ThePrivateCitizen," I actually agreed with ya on this one. Good post my man.

I am your Huckleberry.
    You like to argue with the police, don't you?

Quote Originally Posted by Guest

I am your Huckleberry.
    You like to argue with the police, don't you?
    No, I like good discussion and debate with intellect and logic. If you would rather complain about somebody who got promoted other than you, or complain about the sheriff or your supervisor or how bad morale is or the physical training...it's like a scratched record skipping. Geez.

Left lane cruising law - Love it. Move over law, selfishly under written. no-knock warrants, too many people getting hurt. Videoing the police, get the cameras rolling, get the action going.

I am your Huckleberry

Being that I'm a private citizen as well now I'll bite. What the heck I got to loose? :snicker:

Left lane cruising law - Love it. Me too. If you aren't actively passing another vehicle get your butt in the right hand lane. Exspecially hate it when two cars are traveling side by side at the same speed on the interstate. Somebody get out of the way already.

Move over law, selfishly under written.Totally support it and enforced it when I was on the job. There have been way to many LEO's and other first responders to include Road Rangers who have been run into by someone not moving their vehicle over or slowing down as they approach a scene or a traffic stop.

no-knock warrants, too many people getting hurt. Knock and talks and serving warrants are just another potentionally dangerous part of working as a LEO. They are also a valuable part of law enforcement.

Videoing the police, get the cameras rolling, get the action going. I personally never had a problem with being video taped especially in todays world of cell phone technology. Everytime I did a traffic stop or rolled into the local sub-division on a call, exspecially a large disturbance, I just took it for granted I was being filmed. Hell, alot of folks never even tried to hide the fact that they were filming ya. The one thing that the public does need to understand though is that their filming should never interfere with the LEO's investigation and that if they film a crime, ie.. a LEO being battered, a burglar crawling out of a window, etc.. that their video is now evidence and can be confiscated as such. Wheter that be impounding their phone or having the video forwarded/copied and impounded.

I am your Huckleberry They know and they thank you for that. I say they because I'm a Private Citizen just like you now. :wink:

Thank you Nitely, for providing conversation on a grey Florida weekend.

Left lane cruising law - Love it also, except, IMHO, should be enforced MORE. Speed Kills, but Speed usually kills when something else is involved (opinion), like Left lane cruising. I only found out we had this law here in Florida when my wife's daughter got a ticket from FHP for it. I remember the bill not passing back in 2005, and was surprised when i heard the reason given was that "they did not know how to enforce it". That would need to be explained to me.

Move Over Law: Underwritten and I don't know why. I agree that we have first responders being injured and killed on the side of the road, there are alot of civilians being killed also. Possibly more than thee are First Responders. On any given day, there are more "side of the road" hours logged by civilians then there are 1st Rspndrs. I drive 75, 95 and I-4 alot, and on many trips I never even see the FHP (and I'm looking, cause I'm running 90mph), but there are civilians everywhere on the side of the road. Many of them are idiots, changing their left rear tire with ass and feet sticking out in the road. I cannot believe how often I see that on the Alley. I would love to know why this law was written to only protect 1st Rsdpndrs. Most civilians do not have any highway safety training, (or whatever it is called) 1st rspndrs do. My opinion, it should be move over for everybody, thats what I do. I don't care if it looks like an abandoned car, I avoid being near it. But, like I said, I would love to know why the law wasn't written MOVE OVER FOR EVERYBODY.

NO KNOCK WARRANTS - Going to someones home to arrest them is very dangerous, warrant or not. Too many LEO's, civilians and bad guys getting hurt or killed. Arrest them at work, arrest them when they go to the grocery store. Is it more expensive to put somebody under a little surveillance till they come outside? I'll bet it is. But how is the cost offset when people are killed? All it takes is one LEO or Innocent getting hurt and or killed and that "savings" is totally lost.

Videoing the Police. If you want to see something hysterical, look for the videos on YouTube of the guys that went around their town, pretending to urinate in public. Anyway, in alot of states, there are LEO's that claim it violates their expectation of privacy. If you are out in public, AND you are acting on behalf of the public, I think that your expectation of privacy is nill, LEO or not. Too often video shows that the alleged perp was not a perp at all. If, in viewing the video, the video dis-proves any guilt of the accused, LEOs or other civilians may embarrassed, or be viewed guilty of a crime themselves, too bad.
    Nitely, you said filming should not interfere with a LEO investigation. Correct, you with the camera, get out of the way, go stand over there! But, I don't think a LEO should cross the street and almost get hit by a car because he wants someone 100 feet away to stop filming. And I think its funny when the LEO says to the cameraman, that he is interfering with what they are doing from so far away.

Anyway, don't take any of my opinions as anti-LEO, I'm just very anti-selfish and anti-entitlement.

I am your Huckleberry

Unregistered

Rebel flag and McMullen sign

A guy in my squad used to work in D3. He said there is a McMullen sign at a house on Boy Scout near Tarpon Springs Rd that until recently also had a rebel flag in the front yard. What the hell?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast