Matt Beatty
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Matt Beatty

Matt Beatty

Did anyone see Matt Beatty's Facebook post today?
    "Mr. Callahan,
    Thank you so much for trying to upset my family mainly my daughters they did nothing to you and should be left alone. My phone number is XXX-XXX-XXXX cowboy-up and call me I would love to meet face to face. By the way your three children don't favor you did your wife get out of a ticket three times?'

Is this what is expected from a 'leader' in our community???
    Part of being in law enforcement, besides being an agency head such as a sheriff is being professional. I'm pretty sure in 15 years of law enforcement I've never seen a potential Sheriff tell someone to "cowboy-up"......Wow... grow up Matt!

Re: Matt Beatty

Typical hillbilly way of handling things

very typical behavior of a non seasoned public safety person. feels attacked so therefore gojng to reach out to instigate some other action. any professional leo administrator would NEVER respond to anything of the sort. you won't see it. this now sets the stage for the man as it becomes adversarial for opposing forces against him. push his buttons and he will lose it. if he were to get into office, others such as BOCC and municiple leaders and the public will know how to manipulate him and keep a constant state of chaos. further, budget requests will be denied, working relationships will be at constant breaking points, and this trickles down to the troops. they become disrespectful to the taxpayers, and your complaints will rise against officers. add the media and they too will add to the mix leading to a meltdown. he also appeared on several occasions as someone whom maintains the hillbilly redneck attitude. just like whidden, (i think someone said a comparision is like a clone) which exists now in the agency.

nope this man has lost my vote and support. do not need this type of mindset in an organization is meant to protect, defend, and ensure a safe peaceful place. he becomes a liability.

maybe in a few years, if he works on it and gains experience, as well as DOING THE TIME and earning the position. we have got to get past this local boy jump into office and bypass the experience years earning the title. learn how to be a seasoned police officer first, then gain supervisory, and then managerial experience. get some additional schools and executive series under your belt. then by all means go for it.

in the meantime, i realize it makes you mad and it involves your family. but look beyond this and understand that in this position it comes with the territory. you had better get thick skin, as well as your family. this is why a lot of marriages fail in leo work. they may not sign on for it, but it is part of it just like the first lady is to the president like it or not.

so have a cup of shut the.............well you know the drill. just leave it alone.

Picturing him waiting after a cellphone call in the middle of a parking lot or field. Fistacuffs, and all. Yep one wonderful candidate. Just like Whidden. Oh well.

I could care less about what is going on in his personal family life or how he responds to someone attacking him or his family. He's a human being. The bottom line is he is the best choice out of the three democratic candidates.

I'd rather take a chance on Beatty versus having to deal with another 4 years of Whidden any day!!! Whidden has lost more support than I have ever seen a sheriff lose.

There has been things I have witnessed personally that are plain unacceptable from a Sheriff and his administration. So if taking a chance on Beatty is what needs to be done, then so be it. Atleast I know Beatty is genuinally a good person. right now he is under political attack to make him look bad, but I do not beleive any of those ridiculous rumors. If you knew him, you would not either.

Now what I DO beleive is all the talk about late nights Whidden spent at the Azteca clubs in labelle. Plus all the Deputies that witnessed the derogatory behavior toward the women have told tons and tons of people about it.

How about the guy in Montura he threw a temper tantrum with because the guy told him he no longer supports him due to his unprofessional antics.

Please I could go on and on. The other candidate, Maldonado has a bad reputation, enough said about that.

All I can say is GO Matt Beatty on the democrat side and GO Mark Chamberlain on the republican side. If we can get these two to the general election, then good luck to the both of them. Either way would be a win win in my opinion.

Just getting rid of Whidden would be a win win for that matter.

I agree that Whidden has to go.... But Beatty??? Really??? He maybe a nice guy... And I agree he has a right to defend his family.... But there is the professional way to handle things.... And the uneducated way to handle things..... But what do you expect after 6 months of law enforcement experience. Is he even off probation???? My support goes to Chamberlain!!!

I personally would like to see Matt Beatty beat Steve Whidden out in the primary next month. Why sit around and play games with the incumbent anymore? This is only a primary folks. I am personally for Chamberlain as well, but a democrat has to be picked in next months primary. SO let's have Matt perform an admirable civic duty to the public. TAKE OUT WHIDDEN so we can be done with it.

Think of it this way.
    1) If Matt takes out Whidden next month, Whidden is through, done and dead in the water. No more campaign signs, or worrying about his anything.
    2) Whidden can spend the next 4 months vacating and moving all his crap out of his office downtown.
    3) He can drive around town and be called LOSER for the next 5 months.
    4) He will know that he has 5 months of pay left, nothing else.
    5) He can stew for 5 months.

That is just a short list.

But there is more!

1) Mumbles, Super D and the rest of the goons will also suffer the same issues as above!!!!!!
    2) We can watch all the surrounding areas deny all their newly submitted applications.
    3) We all can make sure that we contact all of our resources in other areas, and make sure they all know about Whidden, and Company to reject all of them

And the grand finale: MAYBE FDLE will actually step up since Whidden and Company are outbound, and begin the much needed review and investigations into all of this as the FSA will not be so concerned with an OUTBOUND and KAPUT sheriff.

Everybody wins!

So support Matt and lets get this incumbent out of office as SOON AS NEXT MONTH! PASS THE WORD AROUND BROTHERS AND SISTERS! It is within your grasp to make this happen! Notify family , friends, everyone, and explain it just like above.

Be safe out there.

I agree with supporting Matt destroying Whidden in the primary regardless of whether you want him as your next Sheriff. Matt is a great hometown boy with experience in the political arena but not much in the field of LE but let's not forget that the Sheriff is merely a figurehead much like any poliitician and the real work is done behind the scene by trusted and experienced LE professionals. Whidden screwed up by putting friends in these roles instead of true professionals who would not let the titles and power get to them and you have what we have in the county now. Will Matt make a good figurehead and put people in the right positions? Who knows, but Whidden has proven his inability to lead and provide adequate services to the community. Beatty versus Chamberlin is your best bet Hendry County. Open your eyes or suffer for another 4 years....

WTH? Must be the same person posting over and over. Because you are completely out of your mind. This man is a complete idiot. Enough said.

Hey I am glad you want Chamberlain for Sheriff, good luck to him. However, he is a republican, not a democrat, so we need Beatty in to get Whidden out. Chamberlain has nothing to do with that. The poster who posted at 12:16 explained it on point. The third guy is not even an option and doesnt have enough to beat anybody out of the primary.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast