Shut it Down - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Shut it Down

Re: Shut it Down

I guess the mods are too lazy.

Keep it going. DEP will be back someday. FWC is a joke.

Administrator LEO Affairs Chief MOD 1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    I guess the mods are too lazy.
    No, as long as there is traffic on it, least every 90 days the Forum will stay.

Mod 1
    Mod 1

http://WWW.LEOAFFAIRS.COM

Terms Of Use

The real reason that we can't have the Ten Commandments posted in a
    courthouse is this: You cannot post "Thou Shalt Not Steal," "Thou Shalt
    Not Commit Adultery," and "Thou Shall Not Lie" in a building full of
    lawyers, judges and politicians...It creates a hostile work environment.

How are the ole DEP LEO's fairing so far? Has the FWC merge been good for you or do you wish we were still independant? I do miss the old days with a lot more freedom's and more respect it seems from the public. Since putting on the Tan jersey it seems that the public does not respect us as law enforcement officers. I get asked on X50's if I am a police officer. However I do like some of the toys we get to play with now and some of the new areas we get to explore. Thoughts?

Please,I miss the days of hiding I the park/going to 2 hr lunches.People did not know what kind of Police we were,but did know we were Police..I just told State Police and they would go Haa and be quite...Now being the fish police,people question authority...

If those are your favorite memories, you need a different job. I for one enjoy the change. I have had no change in assigned duties and I get to do more than I used to. I still make traffic stops where I want to and enjoy a great deal of freedom. I have not had an issue with someone not thinking I was a "police officer", it could be the way you present yourself. I don't have to worry each year that my job is going to be cut due to funding, I haven't had to be concerned whether the agency has enough money for me to get my equipment serviced or repaired (in DEP, my truck wouldn't start each time I returned to duty after 3 days off and my supervisor wouldn't approve a new battery).If I have an issue or I am stumped regarding a law or procedure, I can call an on duty supervisor. Plus, I received a raise the day we merged.

Glad you are happy.I agree with your points..The old DEP was backward in a lot of ways.But,still good place to hang out as park PO,PO...

Ugh.... Now we have mandatory park hours too. Unbelievable BS. Plus mandatory F'n water time too. THANKS PBA. GO F Urself! Merge they say. It will be great they said. I knew it would all be smoke and mirrors then the rug would be pulled out afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by FDWECP
    Ugh.... Now we have mandatory park hours too. Unbelievable BS. Plus mandatory F'n water time too. THANKS PBA. GO F Urself! Merge they say. It will be great they said. I knew it would all be smoke and mirrors then the rug would be pulled out afterwards.

Why do you think that there were so many DEP "Old Timers" that pulled the plug right after the merger.
    You had to be stupid and blind not to see which way this thing was going to go!

:cop: :cop: :cop: :devil: :cop: :cop: :cop:

Please,DEP/DLE was a great job...Except for the pay,like all state jobs...Loved it,do some park police stuff,no pressure and cool bosses..I ditch the job as soon as I heard that the merger would happen..Our office was in their building and I know the fun days would be gone...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast