St pete as a department
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

St pete as a department

i have been a memphis tn police officer for 5 years. I have talked to the recruiter several times but would like to hear from some officers on the street. I know every department has some good and bad how is it overall? I've heard that the attrition rate is pretty high there. also what shifts do you guys work 8 10 12 hours?

Re: St pete as a department

I don't have any exact numbers on the attrition rate, but it seems as of late to be a lot lower. People haven't been leaving in droves like they used to. Moral still isn't great, but it is a lot better again then what it used to be.

As far as the department goes, I enjoy it, but there are still a lot of haters, especially on this board. Workload is probably a bit more then other departments, but that also means a lot less downtime, which I consider a big plus. Another big plus is that there is a decent amount of off duty, pretty nice to supplement your income with.

As far as shifts, day shift works 8 hours, 5 days, evenings and midnights work 10 hours, 4 days. As a new officer, you can pretty much expect to end up on evenings or midnights.

Like every department, there are problems, but based on what friends who work in other departments in Pinellas have been saying, we have improved a lot while the other departments are having a lot more trouble lately.

Thanks, i don't mind the call load i currently work in Memphis TN.

this dept is great for hard working aggressive officers. The supervisors love officers that are go-getters and make arrests. The more aggressive and the more arrests you make will streamline you to a supervisor possession. If you are lazy and only hammer citizens with tickets you will find yourself in IA very quickly.

[YouTube][/YouTube]
    Quote Originally Posted by True
    this dept is great for hard working aggressive officers. The supervisors love officers that are go-getters and make arrests. The more aggressive and the more arrests you make will streamline you to a supervisor possession. If you are lazy and only hammer citizens with tickets you will find yourself in IA very quickly.

What??? What department do you work for?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that the only way to get fast tracked for a promotion is to write lots of tickets and dodge as many calls as possible. Anyone can do lots of investigations and handle calls, only the true masters of the SPPD can make it through a shift without handling anything.

these guys obviously have no clue what they are talking about. Our chief is a fearless leader, sometimes compared to General Patton or MacAuther. He loves hard working officers that get drug arrests and find stolen vehicles. He went through the ranks as a vice detective and a scu Sgt then went to CASE and trained that unit. He hates traffic cops and lazy call dodgers. He's all about the chase and making this city safe. If you work hard and try to get bad guys off the street he will personally come see you and congratulate you. You better not write tickets and just go call to call. That's is the end of officers' careers at this agency. Out chief only looks for the best. His number one priority is the officer.

^^^^^ HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ^^^^^ ahhhh gotta catch my breath. Our leader is a SCHMUCK !

What Chief? Haven't seen or heard from the tomato in about a year. Harmon is MIA, as I heard TRU took a Missing Persons report yesterday for him. He was last seen drinking at the Uhuru house and heading out for a round of golf at Twin Brooks with Rouson. If located evaluate for BA-52.

Officers need to quit talking down about our commander. Who do u think is going to lead us during the RNC? Ya that's right without our chief we are lost as a police department. I would follow our chief to hell and back, because that's the leader that he is. I heard the movie "We Are Soldiers" was based after his life. And whoever can't find him just look on the streets in the hardened neighborhoods or the gun range. I recently found him in the gym running sprints on the treadmill with a cigar in his mouth. I got goosebumps from being in his presence.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast