Found this in my inbox. - Page 3
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Re: Found this in my inbox.

Are you saying its kind of like the union board hiding from its members in endorsing candidates?

Re: found this in my inbox.

Quote Originally Posted by Really????
    Quote Originally Posted by Challenge
    Quote Originally Posted by Voter
    I am on the committee to bring about a vote. If you are so sure your majority will prevail then you should be encouraging this vote. It would only make your cause that much stronger. After all, if we lose this vote we will be stuck your contract for 3 years with no recourse.
    The folks trying to petition for a PERC vote would have so much more credibility if they actually knew what they are talking about. It's immediately clear when you listen to them or read their emails that they simply don't understand the function collective bargaining in the public sector. It's a little sad because they are really trying to sound informed, but it just doesn't come across.
    If that doesn't make sense, you should try Scott's T's email! It's real hard to figure out his intent. He he still telling bad jokes on the side?

Quote Originally Posted by Huh
    Are you saying its kind of like the union board hiding from its members in endorsing candidates?
    The union board hid from its members? Can you back this up with a fact?

Quote Originally Posted by Really????
    Let's see, oh yeah, I got it now! "We, the depuites and sergeants of the Lee County Sheriff's Office endorse Time Fisher for Sheriff. Well no, we didn't bother putting it to a vote among members. We are their voice and we will tell them what they need and what is in the best of my, I mean their, interest."

[quote=hmmmm......]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Really????":droxfi78
    Let's see, oh yeah, I got it now! "We, the depuites and sergeants of the Lee County Sheriff's Office endorse Time Fisher for Sheriff. Well no, we didn't bother putting it to a vote among members. We are their voice and we will tell them what they need and what is in the best of my, I mean their, interest."[/quote:droxfi78]

Another great example of uninformed statements. Did you talk to anyone on the board? I did. The vote was based on getting OVERWHELMING feedback from members to endorse Fisher. A couple people wanted Bushong and no one (big surprise) wanted Scott. Using FEEDBACK FROM THE MEMBERS the board members voted accordingly.

How about this, name which board member YOU approached/emailed/called about the endorsement and who did you ask them to endorse?

Right and thats why there was a petition not to endorse fisher was going around the paying members and the decision was made prior to the scheduled vote. Didnt sound overwhelming to us uninformed paying members.

Quote Originally Posted by what?12
    Right and thats why there was a petition not to endorse fisher was going around the paying members and the decision was made prior to the scheduled vote. Didnt sound overwhelming to us uninformed paying members.
    There was never a scheduled vote. Who was the petition given to? Was the board informed of this petition? This has not been mentioned in a single meeting or email. Please let us know who on the board this petition was addressed to so we can demand answers from him. Was this the Sergeants Union, or the Deputies Union?

it is simple, the presidents of the Deputy Union and Sergeant Union together authored a letter to Tim Fisher and inked their signature to it making the decision for all. The letter is posted on Fishers web-site under endorsements.

Quote Originally Posted by dontdrinkanddrive
    it is simple, the presidents of the Deputy Union and Sergeant Union together authored a letter to Tim Fisher and inked their signature to it making the decision for all. The letter is posted on Fishers web-site under endorsements.
    Hey everybody, look! Somebody else who doesn't know what theyre talking about!

Quote Originally Posted by Pro IUPA
    Quote Originally Posted by dontdrinkanddrive
    Hey everybody, look! Somebody else who doesn't know what theyre talking about!
    Don't make excuses, a real union, regardless of who they like or don't like as a candidate puts out a ballot box and asks its membership to vote on how they feel the union should endorse. The entire board of IUPA was stacked and continues to be stacked for a candidate that can't win and that the rank and file knows can't win. The bottom line is, did you allow a membership vote to happen or did you like Mike Scott decide what is best for the LCSO?

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast