traffic threats
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: traffic threats

traffic threats

Traffic Enforcement

Gentlemen,

As you all know traffic enforcement is the priority for the Sheriff’s Office. Today I conducted a random sampling of the over 1000 written warnings issued in Delta District during the month of May. What I was looking for was how many of the people that were issued warnings in May had been issued warnings in the past year and then what the driver’s overall history looked like in Lee County . What I found surprised me. Of the random warnings I reviewed, I found that more than half of the driver’s issued warnings in May of 2012 had been issued a warning and several had received more than one warning within the past 12 months, sometimes for the same infraction.

Here are several examples: A driver who was stopped in May and issued 1 warning for running a stop sign had been stopped 2 other times and issued warnings within the last 12 months, for the same violations. Another individual was stopped for a bicycle violation and issued a warning; the same deputy issued the same individual the same warning 6 months earlier. And finally, a driver was stopped for Violation of a Traffic Control Device and issued a warning. This driver had just been stopped and issued another warning 20 days earlier and had an extensive driving record in Lee County dating back to 2009. Needless to say numerous drivers had very minimal traffic histories and some had none at all.

This should be a wake up call to all of us. If the driver has been issued a warning within the last 12 months and you’re stopping them again, I’m not sure a warning is going to work. However with that said, it is STILL up to the individual Deputy Sheriff’s discretion to issue whatever he or she feels is appropriate.

Re: traffic threats

That doesn't sound like a threat, sounds like you need to do your job. One thing is for sure, YOU are a back stabbing SOB. I hope your proud of yourself! You can twist in the wind for all I care.

So.......this is what is being offered as proof that the shadowy "they" said to write more tickets "or else"? A bit of a lame attempt.

WOW, what an absolute idiot. While Delta District is getting absolutely hammered with day time burglaries, this coward is sitting in an office somewhere "sampling" warnings to see if we can deter driving behavior. Is this a some sort of joke? I would say with the quality of some of the people here at LCSO, probably not. Glad to know that you spent days on this adventure going through 1000 warnings buddy. You are a warrior. And you probably make double what I make also if I had to guess. Here's an idea A$$CLOWN, why don't you get on on the street instead of counting warnings and try to stop the criminals who are coming to your district daily to break into the few good people's houses that we have left in our county. That might be too scary for you.

Quote Originally Posted by sig20
    WOW, what an absolute idiot. While Delta District is getting absolutely hammered with day time burglaries, this coward is sitting in an office somewhere "sampling" warnings to see if we can deter driving behavior. Is this a some sort of joke? I would say with the quality of some of the people here at LCSO, probably not. Glad to know that you spent days on this adventure going through 1000 warnings buddy. You are a warrior. And you probably make double what I make also if I had to guess. Here's an idea A$$CLOWN, why don't you get on on the street instead of counting warnings and try to stop the criminals who are coming to your district daily to break into the few good people's houses that we have left in our county. That might be too scary for you.
    Great job on the chase and PIT today boys! To prevent burglaries we need to be able to chase them. The policy should be modified to include any 21h or sig 10. These dirtbags are getting smart by using sig10 to do 21h. Luckily, today we were able to chase and Lee County is safer for it. This means someone will come home from work tomorrow and not feel violated by some scum.

And that is why you'll be a deputy forever, if you even are one now.

Wow, Lee County must be very unique in that no criminals operate a motor vehicle! You are the assclown sir. Traffic enforcement is widely (and successfully) used to combat all types of crime from burglaries to drugs. The problem is lazy cops like you love using the argument: "why should I be running traffic when burglaries are being committed?".

Here's the problem, if you ever even put your donut down for a second and stop a car, are you looking beyond the stop? Or are you just concerned with how fast you can write that ticket or warning and get back to your socializing or searching for details?

Also, you're so concerned about all these burglaries, what are you doing to combat the problem? Are you volunteering to jump on that past 21H, so that you can assure yourself a decent attempt at prints will be done? Right. Are you burning through a tank of gas a day patrolling every street in your zone, twice? Right.

The number of tickets versus warnings should not matter, I agree. But deputies need to patrol neighborhoods and stop cars on secondary streets, not just pick a spot on 41 (where they always sit), and write a few tickets or warnings to stay under the radar. Criminals try to avoid major roads if possible, especially if they know the cops are always sitting in a particular place. Hell, law abiding people do this too....they may not go as far as avoiding roads, but they make more of an effort to drive better and not speed when they know the cops are always in a certain area.

Traffic is essential in combating crime, but it matters how its done. We should leave the numbers game, UTC vs. Warning, to the traffic unit.

I won't engage in the tendency to too many of you seem to have for confrontation and name calling. but I want to point out something. Traffic enforcement is NOT being performed to combat crime. To do that you stop cars in your high crime areas, not in high-traffic volume areas. I am a supervisor and while the admin KNOWS they can't set a quota, they have demanded more traffic stops and recently more UTT's, that demand has been made to me personally. Mod, don't give me any nonsense about proof. Your system just captured my IP address, contact me directly and I will identify myself to you in confidence. To many people I love depend om my income for their living for me to do so publicly. And by the way, I have no dog in the political fight. I'm a cop and I'm for the cops. Period.

Trafficfornumbers
    As for more traffic activity they can ask for that, however they cant sent a certain number as that falls into Quota territory which the other thread lead to. As for your statement no issues. If you want register a name and send me a PM

Hey Proof, until you have the guts to walk in my shoes, kiss my ass. Go ahead Mod, delete this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast