Write tickets to citizens or give verbal warning?

Write tickets to citizens or give verbal warning?

I am a Deputy. My Sergeant called me to the office and told me:
    You are giving a lot of warnings, but you are not writing citations. That is why I will send you to handle all the accidents and any call that I want because I can do that. Also, you can not take 40 minutes writing an accident report. I will micro-manage, that way the people who are arresting a lot of people and giving tickets are not busy in an accident.

I told him that I know how the economy it is and I am not going to be giving a lot of tickets to take people's money or making bs arrests or violating civil rights. I write people when they do something really outreageous and I like to get people for doing violent stuff (Robberies, burglaries, battery, etc) and preventing them.

I know it is illegal for management to ask you for stats. There have been plenty of scandals in NY, FL all over. Deputies arrested for excessive tickets.

The question is for someone who might know (media, defense attorney, ASA, fellow LEO, anyone):
    Where do we go to complain or open a case and what kind of case, if the supervisor and the administration is punishing and giving us extra stress to get stats, stats, stats?

Thank you in advance for any advise.

Re: Write tickets to citizens or give verbal warning?

Quote Originally Posted by Guest>
    I am a Deputy. My Sergeant called me to the office and told me:
    You are giving a lot of warnings, but you are not writing citations. That is why I will send you to handle all the accidents and any call that I want because I can do that. Also, you can not take 40 minutes writing an accident report. I will micro-manage, that way the people who are arresting a lot of people and giving tickets are not busy in an accident.

I told him that I know how the economy it is and I am not going to be giving a lot of tickets to take people's money or making bs arrests or violating civil rights. I write people when they do something really outreageous and I like to get people for doing violent stuff (Robberies, burglaries, battery, etc) and preventing them.

I know it is illegal for management to ask you for stats. There have been plenty of scandals in NY, FL all over. Deputies arrested for excessive tickets.
    I
    The question is for someone who might know (media, defense attorney, ASA, fellow LEO, anyone):
    Where do we go to complain or open a case and what kind of case, if the supervisor and the administration is punishing and giving us extra stress to get stats, stats, stats?

Thank you in advance for any advise.
    I hate to be the bearer of bad new... Stats are not quotas.. It’s called work performance... As an Officer, You are responsible to perform at certain levels. Your performance can only be measured by your productivity. And yes, I guess the Sgt has a right to give you scut work if you aren’t pulling your weight....

Unregistered

Shut up knucklehead

Quote Originally Posted by ;1748872
    I hate to be the bearer of bad new... Stats are not quotas.. It’s called work performance... As an Officer, You are responsible to perform at certain levels. Your performance can only be measured by your productivity. And yes, I guess the Sgt has a right to give you scut work if you aren’t pulling your weight....
    Don’t mind this clown. I understand this deputy as many other officers do. The supervisor that DEMANDS respect and “productivity” AKA stats with the sole purpose to get promoted for his/her own gain.

I agree. An officer is performing at a minimal satisfactory pace by simply handling his/her calls for service. That is a police officers primary function. All that extra crap is unnecessary and will only end up in a police incident that the same supervisor that demands “productivity” will look the other way when shit hits the fan (media, public outcry)

To answer your question, drop a anonymous tip to the media. Bring light to your administration. That is what always works when a criminal wants to get away with murder....