Whoops.. there goes another one. - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Whoops.. there goes another one.

[quote=The Nitely Blog]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Negative?":1a1mbn1b
    You just said the other day you were not usually negative. I wander what the U.S. postal workers blogs read like? Whatever. You must have had a bad day. I am sure tomorrow will be better! Football season will be here soon...look on the bright side. Well, unless you are a Bucs fan like me.
    Not negative my man just realistic. Yeah I've had a few bad days around here the last few months but I don't let it bother me because I have already made my decision to do something else and cash out of this place. Just waiting on a few jobs applications and interviews to pan out. After almost 30 years in the criminal justice field it's time to stop worrying about other peoples problems and focus on myself and enjoy life. I will miss going to Bucs games when I move on but hey, the plus side to moving a little farther north is that I will be closer to more NASCAR tracks. :wink:[/quote:1a1mbn1b]

I'm going to recommend something that you will probably be inclined to reject initially, but i urge you to think it over. The Villages is probably the most active retirement community in the world. It is located in central Florida on the road between Ocala and Leesburg where there are actually a few rolling hills.

Although there is an emphasis on golf, there are literally hundreds of other activities to keep one busy. In this bedroom retirement community of over 80,000 there are over 50,000 golf carts. You can get virtually anywhere in the entire community by golf cart... And that is fun! They publish a newspaper supplement weekly of over 50 pages of lists of clubs, games and activities taking place during the following week. There are clubs for antique car people, fishermen, hunters, radio controlled boats, radio control airplanes, stamp collectors and almost anything else you can think of. If there isn't a club for your interest, get three people together and start on - they will announce it in the paper. There are dozens of swimming pools and recreation centers. All kinds of card games and other games are played daily throughout the community. Or..... you can sit around and do nothing.

And then there's location. A short drive to:

Tampa for Busch Gardens, Gulf Beaches, Performing Arts Center and good restaurants.
    Orlando for Walt Disney World, Sea World, Universal Studios, outlet malls and more.
    Daytona Beach for the world famous beach and NASCAR racing.

Medical facilities here are outstanding. The doctors are accustomed to dealing with relatively affluent patients who have come here from major metropolitan areas and who expect first rate medical services, so that is what they get. The doctors are also very familiar with the particular problems of members of an aging population.

And finally, it is relatively inexpensive to live here. Dining out is commonplace and there are hundreds of restaurants competing for the business, keeping prices reasonable. Even the major country clubs of Arnold Palmer and Nancy Lopez have lunch specials running around $10.

Real estate prices for three bedroom ranch style homes run well under $200,00 and Villas are the same or even less. Utility costs and homeowner's dues also run lower than expected.

The Villages is in parts of Sumter, Marion and Lake counties. You might want to check if any of those agencies has a vacancy you might fill.

In any event, good luck.

More at http://www.thevillages.com/ .

"America's Friendliest Home Town."

[quote=Cruel Truth][quote="The Nitely Blog":3h0l53b4]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Negative?":3h0l53b4
    You just said the other day you were not usually negative. I wander what the U.S. postal workers blogs read like? Whatever. You must have had a bad day. I am sure tomorrow will be better! Football season will be here soon...look on the bright side. Well, unless you are a Bucs fan like me.
    Not negative my man just realistic. Yeah I've had a few bad days around here the last few months but I don't let it bother me because I have already made my decision to do something else and cash out of this place. Just waiting on a few jobs applications and interviews to pan out. After almost 30 years in the criminal justice field it's time to stop worrying about other peoples problems and focus on myself and enjoy life. I will miss going to Bucs games when I move on but hey, the plus side to moving a little farther north is that I will be closer to more NASCAR tracks. :wink:[/quote:3h0l53b4]

I'm going to recommend something that you will probably be inclined to reject initially, but i urge you to think it over. The Villages is probably the most active retirement community in the world. It is located in central Florida on the road between Ocala and Leesburg where there are actually a few rolling hills.

Although there is an emphasis on golf, there are literally hundreds of other activities to keep one busy. In this bedroom retirement community of over 80,000 there are over 50,000 golf carts. You can get virtually anywhere in the entire community by golf cart... And that is fun! They publish a newspaper supplement weekly of over 50 pages of lists of clubs, games and activities taking place during the following week. There are clubs for antique car people, fishermen, hunters, radio controlled boats, radio control airplanes, stamp collectors and almost anything else you can think of. If there isn't a club for your interest, get three people together and start on - they will announce it in the paper. There are dozens of swimming pools and recreation centers. All kinds of card games and other games are played daily throughout the community. Or..... you can sit around and do nothing.

Tampa for Busch Gardens, Gulf Beaches, Performing Arts Center and good restaurants.
    Orlando for Walt Disney World, Sea World, Universal Studios, outlet malls and more.

Medical facilities here are outstanding. The doctors are accustomed to dealing with relatively affluent patients who have come here from major metropolitan areas and who expect first rate medical services, so that is what they get. The doctors are also very familiar with the particular problems of members of an aging population.

And finally, it is relatively inexpensive to live here. Dining out is commonplace and there are hundreds of restaurants competing for the business, keeping prices reasonable. Even the major country clubs of Arnold Palmer and Nancy Lopez have lunch specials running around $10.

Real estate prices for three bedroom ranch style homes run well under $200,00 and Villas are the same or even less. Utility costs and homeowner's dues also run lower than expected.

The Villages is in parts of Sumter, Marion and Lake counties. You might want to check if any of those agencies has a vacancy you might fill.

In any event, good luck.

.[/quote:3h0l53b4]

I did think about staying in Florida Cruel Truth but decided to head North to my vacation home and make it my primary residence. Tired of the heat, the congestion and aggrivation in Florida. Who knows, maybe one day I will return and then again, maybe not. :wink:

HCSO will be losing a good one Blog :cop:

Quote Originally Posted by Average Joe
    HCSO will be losing a good one Blog :cop:
    Why Thank You A.J.

[quote=The Nitely Blog][quote="Cruel Truth":3qemsu8u][quote="The Nitely Blog":3qemsu8u]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Negative?":3qemsu8u
    Not negative my man just realistic. Yeah I've had a few bad days around here the last few months but I don't let it bother me because I have already made my decision to do something else and cash out of this place. Just waiting on a few jobs applications and interviews to pan out. After almost 30 years in the criminal justice field it's time to stop worrying about other peoples problems and focus on myself and enjoy life. I will miss going to Bucs games when I move on but hey, the plus side to moving a little farther north is that I will be closer to more NASCAR tracks. :wink:[/quote:3qemsu8u]

In any event, good luck.

.[/quote:3qemsu8u]

I did think about staying in Florida Cruel Truth but decided to head North to my vacation home and make it my primary residence. Tired of the heat, the congestion and aggrivation in Florida. Who knows, maybe one day I will return and then again, maybe not. :wink:[/quote:3qemsu8u]

I don't blame you a bit. Since you already have a vacation home to make into your permanent home you probably wouldn't be interested in this suggestion either, but I'll throw it out for others who might want to move on but look for further employment in the law enforcement field.

A few years ago I was visiting in Boone, NC, and at that time they hadn't had a homicide there in ten years. I don't think that is still true, but the crime rate is very low, more than 40% lower than the rest of the state. For someone who wanted a little more laid back law enforcement career, Boone might be a good place to look.

......................................... :mrgreen:

Mr Nitely Blog.....go for it!!!! It's sad that there is so much "distance" between the newer and older generation cops, but unfortunatly, that is the new hiring practice. Gone is the day that the new hires have respect for the ones with longevity; with the exception of few. Don't allow the job and situation at HCSO to burn you out so bad that you pay for it physically! Stress WILL kill you and/or make you very sick! Take a 10-102 while you can. The others will find out the truth in due time! :wink:
    Retirement is a great thing!!!! Go for it while you have the health to do so..... :lol:

Enjoy the good life Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Sad
    Take a 10-102 while you can.

Retirement is a great thing!!!! Go for it while you have the health to do so..... :lol:
    Already did my man and aint regretting it one bit. Take care, be safe and remember, you only live once. There's more to life than work.

Quote Originally Posted by The Nitely Blog
    Quote Originally Posted by Sad
    Take a 10-102 while you can.

Already did my man and aint regretting it one bit. Take care, be safe and remember, you only live once. There's more to life than work.

Good for you Blog!

For the last several months before I retired I had a framed saying on my wall that said,

"No man on his deathbed was ever heard to say "I wish I had spent more time at the office.""

Enjoy retirement!!!

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: ......

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast