PBA Vote Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

PBA Vote Results

Well, as many of you know, there was a vote held by the PBA as to whom the agency wanted the PBA to endorse. The vote was held and then mysteriously, the outcome was decided to be withheld until June 9th. I believe this action was very underhanded by the PBA. Nowhere in the ballot was there any indication the results were going to be kept a big secret for nearly two and a half months. This was a great disservice to the members, the candidates and the agency in general. I was informed our local PBA president down in St Pete was going to announce the winner until he received a 'request' from the Tallahassee PBA president to hold off on the announcement. Even though I am still a member of the PBA, my respect for them has diminished greatly. The PBA should have declared the winner immediately after he was identified as such. I can only imagine who the winner is (reportedly by a 3-1 majority) and why this information was deemed crucial to be withheld. I have my own thoughts which should be verified on June 9th but would welcome others' insights. Anyone? I also have heard that two people (one in the PBA, the other much closer to home) went to a local law school together. Can anyone verify this?

Re: PBA Vote Results

Quote Originally Posted by Patton's Ghost
    Well, as many of you know, there was a vote held by the PBA as to whom the agency wanted the PBA to endorse. The vote was held and then mysteriously, the outcome was decided to be withheld until June 9th. I believe this action was very underhanded by the PBA. Nowhere in the ballot was there any indication the results were going to be kept a big secret for nearly two and a half months. This was a great disservice to the members, the candidates and the agency in general. I was informed our local PBA president down in St Pete was going to announce the winner until he received a 'request' from the Tallahassee PBA president to hold off on the announcement. Even though I am still a member of the PBA, my respect for them has diminished greatly. The PBA should have declared the winner immediately after he was identified as such. I can only imagine who the winner is (reportedly by a 3-1 majority) and why this information was deemed crucial to be withheld. I have my own thoughts which should be verified on June 9th but would welcome others' insights. Anyone? I also have heard that two people (one in the PBA, the other much closer to home) went to a local law school together. Can anyone verify this?
    This is old news. Everyone know the jail wants Rice. Big surprise. Continue to believe in the conspiracy theory that the PBA administration is doing everything it can to support the Sheriff. We, the public, don't care. Yours is a house of 1200. The county is just shy of 1million. We don't care about what you think or how you vote. You will never see 8 hour shifts again and yes, Safe Harbor will be around for a long time because the citizens want it. Over and out!

Keep dreaming BOOB. You are outa here come election time!!!!!!!!

The PBA consists of members from almost every agency in this county. Why were the non-PCSO member's opinions disregarded? The PBA's endorsement is not like a union contract, every agency has a vested interested in the election, but only PCSO members were allowed to vote. This isnt right and I will be calling for every member to have their vote counted. If you are not PCSO, please call the PBA and tell them you want your vote to count too. Why should we let the jail members decide who gets our endorsement.

It's kind of odd that jail guards, guys with no law enforcement authority, are allowed membership into the POLICE Benevolent Association.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    It's kind of odd that jail guards, guys with no law enforcement authority, are allowed membership into the POLICE Benevolent Association.
    What about no certification...is that odd??

I know who is pushing this, S/S M/L, they cant stand thatr Everett is going to get the vote. Keep crying and changing rules kinda like the recent promotions and transfers.

I made it a point to tell everyone I know to vote for Rice. If 1200 employees do that it will certainly rock the vote in Rice's favor. Patrol and Jail are united in their effort to oust Bob and elect Rice. Bob will be looking for a job soon; maybe his buddy Rick Scott who appointed him will throw him a bone.

Quote Originally Posted by Jail Hack
    I made it a point to tell everyone I know to vote for Rice. If 1200 employees do that it will certainly rock the vote in Rice's favor. Patrol and Jail are united in their effort to oust Bob and elect Rice. Bob will be looking for a job soon; maybe his buddy Rick Scott who appointed him will throw him a bone.
    1200 votes out of the 250,000 - 400,000 (no way 1,000,000 will vote) that will actually vote means NOTHING! regardless of who you support.

[quote=dear Stoopid]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Jail Hack":2i7gw619
    1200 votes out of the 250,000 - 400,000 (no way 1,000,000 will vote) that will actually vote means NOTHING! regardless of who you support.[/quote:2i7gw619]

Exactly the point. Whether all the residents voted or only 250-400K, the point is they don't care what the flavor of the day is at the jail. The jail vote has nothing to do with the outcome of the election. The only thing it does is continue to build a rift between LE and DC staff. And I mean all LE staff, not just PCSO.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast