Red Light Cameras
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Red Light Cameras

http://www.tampabay.com/news/localgover ... es/1231411

Look at how we handle these cases....we ticket our own people. HCSO is awesome come work here with us. :devil:

Re: Red Light Cameras

I say if I am in my personal car, then fine me.

If I am in a cruiser, don't.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    I say if I am in my personal car, then fine me.

If I am in a cruiser, don't.

Thanks.

Yep! Cause everyone knows that we only speed when we absolutely have to..... going to lunch...going home.... going to JOB #2(ouch!)....

What I am waiting for is the Florida Supreme Court to hear the red light challenge. If they rule these tickets were illegal can you image how much money will be paid back to those that have been ticketed.

Red light cameras cause more accidents and problems. Political people started this mess. Talking about traffic we hope and pray Sheriff's wife is OK. It was also mentioned in the Tampa Times the Sheriff's son was badly injured in a traffic accident going to school and he is now a FHP glad he recovered. Traffic cameras need to go.

Please explain to me how a camera can cause an accident? :roll:

Studies show red light cameras don't work. They are banned in many states. The supreme court will rule them unconstitutional. Money and politics created this mess. Rear end collisions have increased due to the stupid cameras. Say what you want I'm right. I hope to make sgt. soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Please explain to me how a camera can cause an accident? :roll:
    As I approach a controlled intersection displaying a green light I observe it turns to yellow. I am uncertain whether or not it will turn to red before I get to the intersection because there is no standard time that a light stays yellow so I make a hasty stop short of the white line on the street.

The guy behind me is not paying attention, perhaps texting on his cell phone, or is in a hurry and assumes that I am going to speed up to get through the intersection before it turns red because that's what he intends to do, and when I stop he strikes me from the rear.

The presence of the camera causes the accident.

I'm sure you understand.

As you approach an intersection you see a child on the edge of the road. Uncertain if the child will dart out or not you make a hasty stop.

The guy behind you is NOT PAYING ATTENTION, PERHAPS TEXING ON HIS CELL PHONE, OR IS IN A HURRY assumes you are just going to go throught intersection and strikes you from the rear.

The pressence of the child caused the accident?

Im sure your stupid.

"I am uncertain whether or not it will turn to red before I get to the intersection because there is no standard time that a light stays yellow"

The light stays yellow one second for every 10 miles per hour for the speed limit at that location; ie 35 MPH = 3.5 sec yellow, 50 MPH = 5 sec yellow. So if you are not speeding, you can safely stop.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast