Let's get serious

Let's get serious

Okay, this site is supposedly fully anonymous. So, stop with all the innuendo and juvenile name calling and spell out the facts as you know them.

I personally don't care to read posts about officers spending inordinate amounts of time gathering at the Handy and other locations around town when they could/should be patrolling. I don't need to hear about officers blatantly violating the law by traveling at excessive speeds for no reason other than that they can. I don't need to hear about taxpaying citizens not being able to speak with anyone in administration because no one ever picks up or returns calls. I don't need to hear these things because I've either witnessed or experienced them myself. In order to make an informed decision before casting my vote in November, I'd like for the posters (who are obviously employees of the department)on this site to get over the childishness of some of what I've read and give the voters some INFORMATION. What exactly has Sheriff Whidden done, or not done, that should deny him another term in office? Anyone care to inform me?

Re: Let's get serious

wow you are making some assumptions considering you think whidden might make it through the primaries..........

Giving you specifics would require posters to refer to individual incidents, comments, or actions which would inevitably identify the individual(s) posting, therefore resulting in repercussions. Besides, once confronted, the little twerp would only try to lie his way out of it anyway. We know him and his goons, and what he is capable of. You, obviously, do not. No one here is going to jeopardize their careers to suit you. You should gauge the merits of these comments as you see fit, and understand the frustrations of those who have written them. Otherwise... too bad for you.

Friend of LEO,

You spelled out a few of the things that he's not done already before you asked your question. To summarize the examples you gave, there is little to no accountability under the current sheriff. Many staff (not all) do as they please due to a lack of guidance and a failure of leadership.

In response to your question, there are far too many specific examples of what he's not done to be able to list them here but we're confident that your question will be answered in bits and peices over time. Here's a little something to get the ball rolling:

To start, let's go back to a 2008 campaign promise - a fully updated and working HCSO website. Sure, it looks different now but it still doesn't do a darn thing! None of the links work, there's nothing anyone can do with it other than view the map and Whidden's photo (which was taken about 40 pounds ago). This despite the HCSO hiring their own FULL TIME I.T. manager who happens to be very closely related to a very high ranking person. That's known as nepotism and it has no place in a publically funded entitity.

Stay tuned, same bat-time, same bat channel!

"I personally don't care to read posts about officers spending inordinate amounts of time gathering at the Handy and other locations around town when they could/should be patrolling. I don't need to hear about officers blatantly violating the law by traveling at excessive speeds for no reason other than that they can. I don't need to hear about taxpaying citizens not being able to speak with anyone in administration because no one ever picks up or returns calls. "

You must be a NewsZapper... I dont think ANY of these issues were mentioned here. This is a site for LEO's. What are YOU doing here? If you were a friend to us, you would know the answers to these questions already.

Posted the same thing under two different names! Probably someone in one of the front offices!