Losing The Police Dept. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by ;1738656
    I love my job and I love Miami Springs. They gave me a job when 10 other departments turned me down due to mental instability. They make me feel at home. Thank you Miami Springs for the opportunity, now I must go take my meds.
    Wow Miami Springs PD hires retards and baker acts. That's great to know.

Unregistered
    Folks, no need to worry. Once I leave MPD. With my great pension and 1% fund. Then I'm appointed as your A/C. After I get my pay and benefits worked out. I won't forget you all. I've dealt with these issues at Miami PD. When the City was not giving step raises to the officers. I pushed hard for the staff to finally get their raise. and mostly we all got like 10% more. The officers some were lucky to get almost 3%. However we did make it so yes, they too will have to pay more into their retirement and pick up some more of the medical cost. Pay a little more towards their PPV program but I got it done. The union will have all believe they did the officers a great favor but in truth it was us in staff that made it happen.
    Now with several years of the officers not getting any step raises. That will change. Now I don't believe the City SHOULD pay the officers for the past frozen raises or reinstate any lost benefits. They will push for a 2 year contact. With no more then at most 1 1/2% for each year. That I believe is more then fair for all parties concerned. If you take into consideration the cost of ALL the benefits you get. Your pay, medical, vacation, sick time. Uniform allowances. Now if you compare this to what the City needs to pay for vehicles, taking care of the cars. Support personal and staff. You will see that well. How to put this, learn to live within your means. We all need to buckle down. You all can't get like us in staff low 6 figures a year. Please don't take offence to this. I'm a straight shooter and tell it like it is. Give me time. You all will see. I get the job done!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12