Shooting

Thread: Shooting

Post Shooting

Congrats Smitty for being unprepared and failing to take action. Telling HCSO that we did not need their assistance in setting up a perimeter, which is essential in having any type of chance in apprehending a murder suspect last seen running into the woods. But giving up on trying to locate the suspect after 15 minutes was repulsive! Your lack of leadership and command was embarrassing. Blue cards as evidence markers??? This agency wants to spend $6,000.00 on new badges but neglect to supply its officers with the bare essentials. I don’t even want to comment about training, I think that speaks for its self, as this night is evidence of the issue. It’s sad that some officers have to advise Sergeants what needs to be done but this is not the first time nor is this problem just with this sergeant. Armed Murder Suspect on the loose in the woods near the towns baby (Walden Lake). Oh well, no big deal...............back to my on-line computer training and S73. Maybe we should have a Homicide scene training session on LMS. When do I get my new badge? :cop:

Re: Shooting

It was a little obvious you guys aren't used to working calls like that. Hectic and scattered brained. The use of a helicopter without a perimeter is almost pointless.

Wasn't there so can't comment on Smitty, but from what I hear it was bad. Lms is provided so we don't to come in to take training that is informational in nature - don't give admin any ideas, God forbid we have to do rnc training then come in on our off days for bbp training. securing a scene and calling for assistance seems pretty simple to me - pcpd is very capable of handling such scenes, we handle them all the time. Obviously this situation was fubared by personnel.

Wow!!! The cities first ever quadruple shooting, that's four for all of you dumb @#$ posters on this site, within the biggest apartment complex in the city and you are going to post lies about Smitty. I was not there but I did listen to it on our radio and a scanner turned to HCSO. Don't know about the blue cards, but it sounds like he made do with what he had. That is probably something he learned in the military, but that is something you would not know because you have never served. "Coward"

This posting sounds like one of our "Can't find their own D*#%'s in the dark with their own two hands" canine unit. You posted that Smitty refused to have HCSO assist with the perimeter but I heard him ask for them to assist us over the radio and then I heard them working calls within our city. As far as looking for the armed shooter, when did he tell you to stop looking. Was it before or after HCSO's canine did all the work. I never heard our wonderful canine officer give any locations over the radio as to where he was or that he was even doing anything in the woods other then walking in circles. I heard HCSO cancel their chopper three different times, so after the third time they were canceled is when I heard our wonderful canine officer tell him that they were done tracking. (That was several hours after the shooting, not 15 minutes.)

So the sergeants, training, k9, and new badge ideas suck.....anything else? You bunch of little whiners. Make it better then.

I love when you call the poster a coward when you post under oooooo. I wish some people would grow balls and put there names. For your info this post was done while the PC K-9 was in the woods still looking for a armed suspect. So check your shit before you start pointing fingers.......coward!!!!!!

After actions report would clear up all this controversy Interview every officer/detective on scene and gather their opinions on how the situation was handled. Too simple. Too easy. Too logical. I know

Sergeants should take command of a scene like that! They should be authoritative and tell officers where to post up and what actions he wants them to take. There were only 5 or 6 officers on the street that night... You can't manage to give 5/6 officers directions? You can't get mad when those officers are doing something you don't know about, when you yourself aren't asking them to do anything in the first place. At least they did not stand around and stare at each other with their thumbs up their a$$ talking about which badge they voted on and how 250 gets paid to design coins and watches. Those officers did what they do on every call they are dispatched to, make a decision they feel is the right one when they don't have a supervisor telling them what to do, like in this case. But for a Sergeant to admit he did not know what his officers were doing on a major scene like that is poor management. If what I am being told is true, the suspect came out of the woods around 5am the next morning, we might as well have attempted to get waivers signed on scene.

This department lacks sweat and glory. We have sweaters and future guests on Maury.
    Cracked a joke to lighten the mood......sorry if your not amused. You are probably just a loser that lives alone and hates the world.

Who is playing who? Chief or 250? Chief makes 250 his 8itch and orders him to work on all the projects that have nothing to do with his job title because 250 is the perfect ******* child. Or 250 manipulates Chief to thinking he is far less superior in an attempt to wiggle his way back to the department and off patrol because he is a desk cop and not a street cop. Hey 250 is on the same path as the Chief, very little street experience without a proactive policing approach to law enforcement

What is so disturbing, is that supervision is more worried about finding out who is posting what, instead of fixing the problems with this department :evil:

And for the idiot that says "well do something about it" get over yourself. You probably have a micropenis with an over sized brain that couldn't fight your way out of a wet paper sack with a machete.

What the hell?

This string is embarassing. Regardless of the circumstances surrounding this incident and how it was handled, reading all this is a big negative for PCPD. I feel sorry for the guys/gals that are out there working hard.

Surley the jackass that runs his/her mouth the loudest will reply with some sarcastic jargon blah blah blah, but it won't matter. For every laugh he/she gets out of it, there are scores more laughing at him/her. The damage is done. Maybe it's time for the PCPD to run every crybaby out of there and re-staff the agency with guts and problem solvers, not problem makers.

I guess it's time I stop in and learn first hand what is happening over there in Plant Village.

You're going to stop by to see what's going on? OH THANK THE HEAVENS!!! WE SHALL BE SAVED!!!