Jail deputy accused of taking, sending photos of naked woman
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Jail deputy accused of taking, sending photos of naked woman

From TampaBay.com

NEW PORT RICHEY — A few weeks ago, a man started getting photos of his ex-wife in the mail. The photos showed her lying in a bed, naked and unconscious.

Authorities say the photos were taken and sent by a Pasco County detention deputy.

Brian Dale Pratt, 51, took the photos with his cell phone camera on Feb. 13, deputies said, while the woman was passed out, having drank too much at a party. Deputies did not disclose the woman's identity or her relationship to Pratt due to the nature of the case.

Pratt's handwriting matched the writing on the envelopes that held the photos, a Pasco County Sheriff's Office report states.

Pratt told deputies he took nude photos of the woman vomiting in her bathroom after the party, then he put her in bed.

Asked if he took photos while she was unconscious, Pratt told the deputies, "I don't remember if I did or didn't," an arrest report states.

The report also says Pratt showed the photos on his cell phone to "an associate" about a month ago and told that person "he plans on sending the nude photos of the victim to the victim's ex-husband and boyfriend as revenge."

Pratt has been working for the Sheriff's Office since June 2009. He has no prior disciplinary record, said sheriff's spokesman Kevin Doll.

Pratt was arrested Tuesday on a charge of lewd and lascivious video voyeurism. He has since been released after posting $150 bail.

The arrest was made weeks after the offense because the case was being investigated by the State Attorney's Office, Doll said. Pratt has been placed on paid administrative leave.

Re: Jail deputy accused of taking, sending photos of naked w

Hold the presses.....this guy is still working there? So you're telling me you can lie during an official investigation, commit a crime, get arrested and still keep your job in law enforcement???!!

Hell, where do I sign up?

Law enforcement? He was a jail guard. Big difference.

Just wondering, does the law enforcement academy have more hours than corrections? Oh that is right they are the same.... Hmm Give a badge that says you are a Road Dog and you have the whole world figured out.... Dumb ass at some point in your life you might figure we are on the same team... We appreciate what you do.... Maybe even though you may not like what we do you could understand that it is not a fun job but it is our choice at the moment to provide for your family... Have a great day...

I have been through both academies and both FTO/DTO programs. Trust me our jobs are not the same. Don't now why so defensive about it, Detention and LEO are two different disciplines, I was just pointing that out. BTW anyone can make it through an academy, its that pesky FTO program that separates LEOs from Detention.

Quote Originally Posted by guestpasco1
    I have been through both academies and both FTO/DTO programs. Trust me our jobs are not the same. Don't now why so defensive about it, Detention and LEO are two different disciplines, I was just pointing that out. BTW anyone can make it through an academy, its that pesky FTO program that separates LEOs from Detention.
    LOL ya they only let the cream of the crop on the road right? Hows that turning out for ya doctor...uh I mean high school grad. Tough qualifications to meet, that tabe test and a few months of training, what a *****. What is it, something like only 5 percent of people pass FTO? Yah, that is sarcasm.

Looks like I struck a nerve. I guess you can call yourself a LEO if you want. After all its the same training right? We can just call the news papers and have them change the title from "Jail Deputy arrested" to "LEO arrested." Will that make you feel better?

Are Jail deputies the same as law enforcement deputies? Do detention deputies have the authority to detain and arrest? If so can I apply for the jail and still have a have a patrol car?

Quote Originally Posted by guestpasco1
    Looks like I struck a nerve. I guess you can call yourself a LEO if you want. After all its the same training right? We can just call the news papers and have them change the title from "Jail Deputy arrested" to "LEO arrested." Will that make you feel better?
    Call yourself anything you want, you road guys just make me chuckle when you think your job is tough as hell. Go on bro, if it makes you feel good, belittle every other profession in the world but remember one thing....a teenager is doing your job as we speak, LMFAO. Must be tough, if you say so, LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by LOLATU
    Are Jail deputies the same as law enforcement deputies? Do detention deputies have the authority to detain and arrest? If so can I apply for the jail and still have a have a patrol car?
    Keep the car, the pros outweigh the cons for me to work in the jail over the road. We get the same benefits as the road, we get promoted faster, backup is seconds away. We also get all the overtime we want at time and a half, without getting flexed. In the end all of that overtime gets banked into the FRS, which turns out to be tens of thousands or more when I retire. Over the last 5 years I made 70,000 in overtime, over my career that extra money could turn into 6 digits more than your career. Keep the arrest powers and I will keep the title jail guard, I'm cool with that, no complaints from this end. Yah, we get some morons in here that do dumb things and they always seem to get caught in the end, but I have seen many morons working the road as well. I was watching an ex-Pasco Deputy a while back that liked to pick up women and rape them in the back of his patrol car thinking they wouldn't tell anyone. He was wrong. Idiots are in every profession, especially in law enforcement as a whole. It doesn't help that the only qualifications one needs to become an officer of the law is a GED and to pass a simple PAT test to work road or jail. I can accept that any idiot off the street can act his/her way through FTO in the jail but what I can't figure out is why can't you admit that it happens on the road just as much?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast