Mark Edwards Wins Arbitration - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Mark Edwards Wins Arbitration

Quote Originally Posted by Real Cops
    Did you notice that Cecil was the one that sent us the information? looks like he is still around and Mark is using him since he is still on the PBA board. I guess we can use him also?? I heard that a offcier just used cecil for a I A interview? Glad to hear that we still have someone with a back bone.
    Chief never sent out a welcome back memorandum for Kerr or Mark. So sad!!!! :snicker:

Yes it is true. Cecile is still on the baord and been involved behind the scene for us! Not sure why he still cares about us after some of us voted agaisnt him??

Quote Originally Posted by Real Cops
    Yes it is true. Cecile is still on the baord and been involved behind the scene for us! Not sure why he still cares about us after some of us voted agaisnt him??
    Kudos for Cecil!! I hope he continues to help us. We need you to support the unfortunate souls that will be outcasts by these tyrants in PSB and admin! I regret not voting for Cecil!

Karma! I voted for him and I knew this would start. We have to stick together becasue Sellers will not protect any of us. I am in a special unit and I know at anytime I could be on the wrong side of this fence this admin has put up. We cannot even get Sellers to follow through with out step raise that has been pending for months. Do you think he would step up for our job? NOT :evil: :evil: Where is his response to Edwards returning to work??
    As far I know Edwards is a PBA member so what is up with that??

This shows admin they cannot just fire an officer for a minor thing. Wake up HAlf Bake You LOST.

This is freaking great! Baker will go craxy! He may go home and do a Dana on CB.

Sorry I am driving this patrol car and typing on my I phone. CRAZY! life is good. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

If Sellers does not do his job and protect us or work for a good contract? What can we do to get rid of him or the PBA?

does this mean the newest addition to housing goes back to the road since they have to put mark back to the same position he was in?

Post Re: Mark Edwards Wins Arbitration

So I frequently browse LEO Affairs as a citizen of Fort Myers and noticed that many were and are attempting to sell the story that Officer Mark Edwards was innocent of all allegations. So I went and got my own copy of the arbitrators final report. News Flash.... the arbitors decision was split on the allegations and he too sustained allegations against Officer Mark Edwards. Worse still it relates to submitting false paperwork during his official duties. See below quoted word for word from the official report.

"Violation of Rule G.O.9.1 Section III (M):
    The foregoing rule prohibits the willful misrepresentation or falsification of “ ... any matter, verbally or in writing.” The Arbitrator finds that the City has established that Officer Edwards made an untrue entry on his Monthly Activity Report for May 12, 2010. (B00816). He reported being at a neighborhood watch meeting on that date at Renaissance Preserve where he discussed crime prevention and awareness. Dispatch records show him as reporting his location at 1435 as 4221 Othello Lane. (B00908). GPS records show that he was not there. (B00337, B00758-759). The Arbitrator finds that there was just cause for administering discipline to Officer Edward on the charge of his submitting a record that he was at a neighborhood watch meeting on May 12, 2010."

Now I'm not the brightest tool in the shed but isn't a law enforcement officers word "EVERYTHING?" If you can't trust an officer to document something truthfully then how can that same officer ever put someone in jail and make it stick? Sounds like a big problem for Mark, the community, and the agency.

I also noticed that everyone was saying that Officer Edwards got off without penalty and WON... This also is not the case. See the arbitrators ruling below.

"His penalty will be that he will receive no compensation or benefits nor accrue any leave time during the period during which he was not working in the department. "

So a quick public records request revealed to me that Officer Edwards was fired in May of 2011 and returned almost exactly one year later. This means that Officer Edwards received one of, if not the largest penalties in the history of your agency for his violations, short of demotion or termination. An inquiry into Officer Edwards compensation, benefits, etc for that time period shows that he was penalized over $60k in compensation, vacation, sick, comp time benefits. This does not include the loss of overtime and detail pay that he apparently used to work a lot of according to the records I have in my hand. That doesn't sound like getting off without a penalty to me.

Now as a citizen I believe the arbitrator did the community and your agency a disservice by sending Officer Mark Edwards back to work as a law enforcement officer. His word is forever in question. His official documents that he submits from this point forward are in question. All of you that support him blindly should stop and think about the damage this one officer has done to your agency and your reputations.

Thanks for listening

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast