PBA

Thread: PBA

PBA

i don't work for hendry but just a thought unless i am way off. PBA represents Hendry SO so couldn't the existing officers have a vote of no confidence in the sheriff and administration?

maybe I am out of the game too long but having had worked with PBA in northern counties it is a thought unless things have changed.

Re: PBA

Interesting that you bring that up, there is buzz around town that officers are working on just that...

How does this process get started? For those of us that dont know

The bottom line is the sheriff doesn't care about your suggested "no-confidence" vote. He will probabaly fire anyone initiates or participates in this, as would the majority of elected sheriffs, and in the end, he could care less. He can only be removed from office by Gov. Scott, and no one else. PBA is little more than an annoyance, and really has no clout to do anything as far as the office of the sheriff is concerned. PBA, FOP, whatever...mean nothing to an elected sheriff. They do what they want to do... period. Many don't personally believe this sheriff is a good sheriff, a good leader, or a good person. I know of several people he didn't treat failrly or honestly. It seems he is a puppet controlled by a couple of people within his administration because he lacks the experience to make decisions for himself. Judging from all I have read, it seems as though many share this opinion and have lost confidence in him, and feel it is time for a change of leadership. The number of opposition candidates says a lot, and I have no doubt he will be defeated. He rode into office on Obama's coat-tails anyway. Maybe he can ride out the same way. And good riddance!

This is a good point ck, it is simply ONE more obvious indicator of how ineffective and incompetent the guy is. Something for the public to take note of.

It was my understanding that HCSO Deputies are PBA it was voted in under Ronnie, with walking smalls riding its coat tails and pushing for it all the way (another promise) until he took over, then he has yet to ratify the contract. Something I'm sure he is promising to do if they re-elect him.
    I think if any of the men and women vote for him they get what they deserve. The top three do what they want are never seen,
    I heard the new season of Americas got talent or the biggest loser is looking for people.

I wish I had the $$ I spent being a PBA member for 12 years...what a aste of time and $$. They do nothing for officers and deputies in FL.

The PBA along with every other union organization are totally worthless. They do not represent nor can they properly under the Florida Sheriffs control. Statutory law provides it and gives the sheriffs the control.

If you are currently paying dues to these organizations, save yourself some money. They will not give you anymore protection that you currently have under statute and will not give you an edge in any job related function. They are moneymaking organizations.

Plus the local representatives are well duds.

JMHO :evil: