Hiring process

Thread: Hiring process

Hiring process

How long is APD hiring process (aproximately)? I recently graduated the academy down here in sout Florida, but shit sucks here no one is hiring, I checked out APD website and I see that they are doing intensive hiring, I which MPD or MDPD were doing the same.
    Im thinking about applying, do they accomodate out of state applicants while in the process ? thanks

Re: Hiring process

I'm also FL Certified and was trying to go back home to Miami but like you said no one is hiring. I dont know about Atlanta but Moultrie PD is always looking for officers. Its located in South GA near Valdosta. It's 1 hr away from Tallahassee, Fl. Alot of folks from S FL have moved here.

Whats the process like and what is the atarting pay? Do you get paid for your experience or must you start at the bottom? Thanks and be safe!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Whats the process like and what is the atarting pay? Do you get paid for your experience or must you start at the bottom? Thanks and be safe!!!

Apply, physical agility/psycological/witten exam (very easy), interview with staff/chief, polygraph, physical/drug screening, and I thinks thats all.
    The starting pay is 12.29/hr. If you got years under your belt you need to negotiate with the chief about that.

Quote Originally Posted by s. ga
    Quote Originally Posted by Guest

Apply, physical agility/psycological/witten exam (very easy), interview with staff/chief, polygraph, physical/drug screening, and I thinks thats all.
    The starting pay is 12.29/hr. If you got years under your belt you need to negotiate with the chief about that.
    $12.29 your joking right, i was making more when i was in high school.

I hope you're good at math. Everyone I talked to said they had to study for it. It's not just algebra. Shit goes into statistics and pre-cal! Look at the practice exams and see yourself. I did...my college degree won't even get me past it

flpd hiring

The Fort Lauderdale Police Department is Looking for Experienced Certified Police Officers
    SALARY: Experienced Police Officers will be paid as follows,
    1 - 2.9 years of service $60,091.20 annually
    3 - 4.9 years of service $62,483.20 annually
    5 - 6.9 years of service $64,979.20 annually
    7 - 8.9 years of service $67,329.60 annually
    9 or more years of service $ 69,742.40 annually
    Visit FLPDJobs.com for more

Quote Originally Posted by ;1739490
    I'm also FL Certified and was trying to go back home to Miami but like you said no one is hiring. I dont know about Atlanta but Moultrie PD is always looking for officers. Its located in South GA near Valdosta. It's 1 hr away from Tallahassee, Fl. Alot of folks from S FL have moved here.