Just an observation of mine.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Just an observation of mine.

Is it just me or is this place still going down hill. I don't usually come on here to complain but dammit man. Is it too much to ask to have a supervisor around this place with some common sence, compassion, understanding, communication skills and set of stones to do what's right by the people they supervise? This place used to be a fun place to work. Not so much nowadays. Actually looking forward to the day Gee retires and takes his boy JD with him.

Re: Just an observation of mine.

It is going down hill on a runaway train......I haven't talked to anyone in the last year that is happy and everyone wants to leave myself included....the conversations always go back to the unfairness of the PAA, the lack of manpower and supervisors who won't make decisions...trust me, if you make one, the ones above you change it.....unless you are a highly educated robot they want you GONE!

How short staffed is it really?

Why do the want educated robots as you put it? Lower insurance or something?

JD is a frustrated fed. Gee is too busy making money to bother with it. JD wants all the deputies to be FBI agents for example the cumbersome and impractical credentials (that mimic the FBI’s) we have to carry around. Local law enforcement has and always will be a "street thing" which requires deputies and supervisors who have common sense and who are decisive during routine and critical situations. Deputies and supervisors who make critical decisions are constantly being chastised, second guessed and investigated for anything possible even when they follow the law and SOP. The new breed of supervisor spawned by JD are interested in only one thing, that six figure paycheck that comes along when you get to be an LT. or above. Meanwhile the citizens suffer because there is little to no proactive effort to catch criminals. There is no loyalty to the deputies from the supervisors and there is no trust in the supervisors from the deputies. It is a shame.

I have NEVER got on this forum and bad-mouthed the Office, but I couldn't agree more with the posts so far.

It does not matter what you do, be it right, wrong or indifferent, you will be criticized and second-guessed. It is not only from supervisor to deputy, but staff to supervisors. That doesn't make it right, it just makes it a fact.

We have become everything, but police officers (deputies) able to take law enforcement action. We are always looking for the next "gimminck" to solve our man power issues and crime rates, instead of putting boots on the ground and doing what we should have been doing for years and that is putting @$$e$ in jail and taking no $h!t.

The entire county is running amock and we are too busy with PPO/curfew/probation/juvenile checks, 911 hangups from a cell tower, DUI calls that have been holding forever and chasing down S/12's that pissed somebody off in traffic. We have everybody and their brother in a specialty squad creating more work for the street then actually solving the problem themselves. And on a side note, if you are coming home from off-duty, put your blinders on and don't start doing traffic stops and then want everyone else come and clean up the mess you started.

You all are right no one has the B@!!s to make a decision and stand by that decision no matter what the outcome.

Do your job, be professional, besafe and take care of each other. The rest of it is out of your control. Also I won't tell you to quit if you don't like it, that's childish. Just know that you are doing a job that most folks won't do and your good at it.

Keeping this on top because it makes ****-hobo mad, insecure and self-doubting when he is criticized.

BTW many of his "friends" are disenchanted by him. The whole leo affairs investigative debacle was initiated when someone said something nasty about him on here. When it happened to other people, prior to the rumors spread about ****-hobo, he told them to suck it up, but when his glass house had a rock thrown through it, he brought out the big guns at taxpayer expense to get retribution.

Quote Originally Posted by The Nitely Blog
    Is it just me or is this place still going down hill. I don't usually come on here to complain but dammit man. Is it too much to ask to have a supervisor around this place with some common sence, compassion, understanding, communication skills and set of stones to do what's right by the people they supervise? This place used to be a fun place to work. Not so much nowadays. Actually looking forward to the day Gee retires and takes his boy JD with him.
    I don't work for your agency, I work for Charlotte County, you should see the crap on that forum! It is sickening to read :cop:

I too totally agree that HCSO as a whole has been going further and further downhill every additional year that we have the current sheriff & chief at the helm. I used to be one of the sheriff's biggest fans, but he has completely changed and turns his back on his deputies all the time now. He apparently has so many other irons in the fire, that the office takes a back seat to everything else! On top of this, they have promoted supervisors who are nothing more then puppets on the chiefs string. They refuse to make any decisions or back their deputies time and time again. They only care about trying to move up the ladder and better themselves. The problem is that a supervisors most important job is to look after their people and work like heck to try and help their deputies get places instead of themselves. Thats one of the 1st things you are taught at any supervisor school, to look after your people first and not yourself! My entire squad can't wait to get the heck out this place by either transferring to another agency or retiring. Most deputies used to stay on past their eligible retirement time, not now, as now they can't wait to retire on the 1st day they are eligible and leave all the BS of this office behind. It's only getting worse the longer we have this same administration left in charge.

shut up

shut up

Re: shut up

Quote Originally Posted by shut up
    shut up
    "shut up" is your response? Seriously dude. Is that your response to someone's opinion. You gotta be either JD or Obama with that reply. :snicker:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast