Selection Results - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Selection Results

Flava Face, you are correct when you stated the Office is not a bad place to work. We have some of the best equipment, training, vehicles and pay, etc., anywhere in the country.
    But with that said, here is where we are well behind the curve: PEOPLE SKILLS!!!!! It seems that in all of the SOT, ILP, tattle-tale policy, special squads philisophy, etc., the higher ups have forgot about the Golden Rule. Yes, I know that plenty of people around here need to have a boot in their @$$ every now and again, but I think we are way off base when it comes to treating people fairly, respectfully and not always be looking to jam somebody up.

That is a basic philosophy that doesn't cost a dime and the results can be PRICELESS!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nameless
    Flava Face, you are correct when you stated the Office is not a bad place to work. We have some of the best equipment, training, vehicles and pay, etc., anywhere in the country.
    But with that said, here is where we are well behind the curve: PEOPLE SKILLS!!!!! It seems that in all of the SOT, ILP, tattle-tale policy, special squads philisophy, etc., the higher ups have forgot about the Golden Rule. Yes, I know that plenty of people around here need to have a boot in their @$$ every now and again, but I think we are way off base when it comes to treating people fairly, respectfully and not always be looking to jam somebody up.

That is a basic philosophy that doesn't cost a dime and the results can be PRICELESS!!!!
    Thanks for a voice of reality to the same people that always get everything they want at the agency and have no clue what it is like TO NOT be one of the golden childs. Some at the agency have never worked hard a day in their lives at this place, yet they continue to move up the ladder as their ego's grow bigger and bigger. I find it disturbing that every time a new email comes out, another one of the few remaining "people first" supervisors or veteran deputies is retiring or resigning. They too see the writing on the wall and the pitiful changes that have sadly changed a once family oriented agency. You don't have to look any further then the attitudes of those who work the front lines on the street, to see and hear just how less motivated, disheartened and lacking direction todays deputies are compared to years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Flava Face
    turn your papers in and move on. You won't be missed.
    Oh, I know I won't be missed. That is why I'm fixing to cash out a couple of years early and change careers. It's time for the next chapter of The Blog's life. Good luck to all of you new deputies and the ones already here who decide to stay.

If you are placed on the eligibility list after successfully completing all steps is it still possible to not get selected and if so what are the chances?

[quote=The Nitely Blog]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Flava Face":1c0nyaak
    Oh, I know I won't be missed. That is why I'm fixing to cash out a couple of years early and change careers. It's time for the next chapter of The Blog's life. Good luck to all of you new deputies and the ones already here who decide to stay.[/quote:1c0nyaak]

Your departure, like most of the recent early retirements and others who simply leave in disgust, will continue the trend of lowering the average IQ of the agency.

:!:

[quote=Welcome out][quote="The Nitely Blog":2wt5xs1y]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Flava Face":2wt5xs1y
    Oh, I know I won't be missed. That is why I'm fixing to cash out a couple of years early and change careers. It's time for the next chapter of The Blog's life. Good luck to all of you new deputies and the ones already here who decide to stay.[/quote:2wt5xs1y]

Your departure, like most of the recent early retirements and others who simply leave in disgust, will continue the trend of lowering the average IQ of the agency.

:!:

Don't know about the lowering of the average IQ. The SOT guys and gals are smart enough. It's the Common Sence meter around this place that is in a free fall. :snicker:

.[/quote:2wt5xs1y]

Can anyone tell me if you still need to live in a surrounding county at your date of appointment? I reside in Hernando County and was wondering whether this has changed or exceptions were made.

Thanks

Read the minimum qualifications page....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12