EP's illegal raffle
Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

EP's illegal raffle

Looks like all that eight years experience and a fired Jail Commanders advise didn't help, and he thinks he can run the sheriff's office. What a disgrace. Maybe he should learn the law before running his mouth. GOOOO BP. Maybe he should have stayed a trooper and he could still be writing tickets and patting himself in the back. When this investigation is over so be his certificate. And Yes JM the statute also reads associates, and yes that's you. Good luck, NOT. For those wo want to know it's listed under FSS 849.09 Gambling and every Supervisors Of Elections has raffles listed as illegal practices to raise money for a campaign. JM maybe you should have been reading the Supervisors of Elections web-site instead of LEO affairs. Bye Bye

Re: EP's illegal raffle

FDLE and the Supervisor of Elections are currently investigating these charges. If proven true it could result in jail time and or fines. When you sign up to be a candidate you acknowledge that you have read and understood the rule in the handout they gave you. I don’t believe EP and his team intentional broke the law. It was probably due to poor judgment, or lack of experience, or he was just so eager to get to the campaigning that he didn’t bother to read the rules. Unfortunately those aren’t good excuses for breaking the law. If it were I’d be very lonely at work. I realize EP is now trying to make right, but it doesn’t excuse the act. I just hope for one that this is settled before the election.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Looks like all that eight years experience and a fired Jail Commanders advise didn't help, and he thinks he can run the sheriff's office. What a disgrace. Maybe he should learn the law before running his mouth. GOOOO BP. Maybe he should have stayed a trooper and he could still be writing tickets and patting himself in the back. When this investigation is over so be his certificate. And Yes JM the statute also reads associates, and yes that's you. Good luck, NOT. For those wo want to know it's listed under FSS 849.09 Gambling and every Supervisors Of Elections has raffles listed as illegal practices to raise money for a campaign. JM maybe you should have been reading the Supervisors of Elections web-site instead of LEO affairs. Bye Bye

You are so smart. These tickets were sold in front of BP, BC, and many more of you glorious badge holders. If you all knew your job you should of affected an arrest if a crime happened in your presence. What happened you/they did not know the law or what. Good ole boys' Bill and Bill would of come out looking like a rose. Isn't there a statue about that also. Something like failing to act, knowledge of a crime? Can you look that one up for me. Also where is the intent. It is missing isn't it? As fas as advising EP, we had a management team that does that out of Clearwater. Looks like they made a mistake didn't they? However, neither EP or myself are hiding from anyone or anything. We did the correct thing when we were informed that it could not be done. We did not sweep anything under the rug and corrected it immediately. More than I can say for the people that you work for. If you could get back to me on the laws I asked about I would appreciate it. I am asking you because you seen to know it all. Looks like you have a lot of work cut out for you. Just this past Sunday at a political rally (by the way BP was there) there was a 50/50 drawing. I believe this was set up by the Executive Committee. Oh, isn't BP part of that committee as a voting member? Goo BP. Just wondering.

As always my name

Jim

Good grief Jim, you sure haven't changed. You never did play defense always offense. I'll give you a little inside information. BC and BP did notice it, but beleived it would be a conflict of intrest if they were the one's to investigate it due to the the election. That was why it was turned over to FDLE. In that way they do their duty and act without appearing to use the office to advance their own election. As for the 50/50 it doesn't apply because it wasn't fundraiser for a specific candidate as was the case with the raffle. Read over the pamplet they gave EP when he signed up.

If EP cannot even follow the laws running a campaign how can he run a sheriffs department the size of Charlotte?

Quote Originally Posted by The Turnkey
    Good grief Jim, you sure haven't changed. You never did play defense always offense. I'll give you a little inside information. BC and BP did notice it, but beleived it would be a conflict of intrest if they were the one's to investigate it due to the the election. That was why it was turned over to FDLE. In that way they do their duty and act without appearing to use the office to advance their own election. As for the 50/50 it doesn't apply because it wasn't fundraiser for a specific candidate as was the case with the raffle. Read over the pamplet they gave EP when he signed up.

Does not matter what the raffle is for, the statue does not say candidate. Better read it. All raffles are illegal. A conflict of interest. Bull they took an oath and were required to act. You can slant this any way you want to. A fact is a fact. Never forget a good defense is a good offense. Hey have you always talked for BC and BP. Just wondering. Maybe now I know why there are all those beds in the jail, sure looks like we will be filling them up. From church groups, faternal orders, car shows, gun shows, schools, Republican clubs, Democratic clubs, etc. I know of a lot of raffles that are illegal. By persuing EP would again be selective law enforcement and totally political. Does not surprise me. Funny WO had one and even completed it. What happen there? Oh that's right he was not a threat. You know it has been common practice to hold raffles for so long they have gone un-noticed and everyone believes its ok. Something new to learn everyday isn't there. I will put an article for your review and everyone else as a matter of fact. I found it kind of interesting.
    http://www.sptimes.com/2007/11/19/Pa...You_re_g.shtml

As always my name

Jim

Jim, they did act by reporting to FDLE. What did you want them to do arrest you and Pope right there as you selling them? Also the CCSO does investigate reports of illegal gambling. Don't you remember all those slots being taken. The CCSO does not have task force dedicated to illegal gambling, maybe they should. When they saw what was happening right in front of them with the EP raffle and even had Deputies reporting it to them they did act. They gathered the evidence they had, prepared a brief, and fowarded it all to FDLE. They did their duty. If you have some church groups you want to report then by all means do so. We'll see if they get treated the same. By the way has FDLE searched your place yet.

Quote Originally Posted by The Turnkey
    Jim, they did act by reporting to FDLE. What did you want them to do arrest you and Pope right there as you selling them? Also the CCSO does investigate reports of illegal gambling. Don't you remember all those slots being taken. The CCSO does not have task force dedicated to illegal gambling, maybe they should. When they saw what was happening right in front of them with the EP raffle and even had Deputies reporting it to them they did act. They gathered the evidence they had, prepared a brief, and fowarded it all to FDLE. They did their duty. If you have some church groups you want to report then by all means do so. We'll see if they get treated the same. By the way has FDLE searched your place yet.
    You are totally avoiding the 50/50 raffle the Republican Executive Com held on Sunday and BP is part of that. How is that different? You are real good at avoiding the questions to make your point. I have accepted your points. Why the churchs? Why not the FOP, Gun shows, Political Parties...Point made. Did you read the article? Have you changed your position on 50/50 being different?

As always my name

Jim

They also had a responsibility to inform us that we were in violation when they witnessed it didn't they?

Jim

Did they? And of course you should go down to the nearest district office right now and report every instance of what you believe is illegel gambling you can find. When the real cops show up they can explain to you if its illegal or not and why. Then again I'm sure you're already discussing this with your lawer. Good luck Jim. I really hope I don't see you in tan. I really do mean that. I never cared much for you as an officer as you were a real jerk, but when I met you out with Pope you seemed a little more mellow. Please ignore the pun. Getting away from the stress of the office has been good for you. Don't take this the wrong way, but please stay away.

Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast