17 deputies forced out (in 1990)

17 deputies forced out (in 1990)

Does anyone remember the incident back in 1990 when the director of Personnel was a retired NYC cop and for what ever reason the Sheriff fired him, and then proceeded to have 17 or 18 deputies either resign or be fired because they were also former NY cops and had been hired by the (fired) Personnel Director? I was one of the group forced out and I wondered if anyone still around recalled that incident. The incident was in the local newspapers at the time but I can't find a copy of the article.

Re: 17 deputies forced out (in 1990)

Yes I remember

Director O'Keefe He was a loser big time.One of the Sheriff's butt buddies.Your point is what.It was the best moves the Sheriff at that time did!!!

Are any of those fellows who were being forced out still on Pasco? Does anyone have a website or address for the newspaper article about that incident. Thanks
    Oh by the way is Tom Brooks still on Pasco?
    And as an aside to the one person that posted asking "whats your point" Why are you so antagonistic?

The point is who cares it happened 22 years ago.The director of personal then was a insider who with many of that time screwed over the people who where doing the job for about 13,000 a year.No Tom Brooks is long gone.I think he works for TPD or did.He the Director and his wife the Sheriffs secretary screwed over a lot of people but that was long ago goodbye to them they had there fun and are gone with many others of that time that f cked with the people who REALLY did the job.This may not answer your question but that's the way it was!!!!