Union not representative - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Union not representative

Quote Originally Posted by Billy
    Quote Originally Posted by Linebackerll
    The vast majority of the Sergeants and Deputies are sitting back waiting to see what contract is finally agreed to before they become dues-paying members.
    They call that being a *****.

Quote Originally Posted by Linebackerll
    So far, their performance has been very diasappointing. IUPA has been next to invisible with only an occasional E mail announcing a meeting...no hint of progress, no line-in-the-sand confrontations. Putzing along in the negotiations is turning off potential members and that has been engineered on purpose. The other side is counting on the slow erosion of support for the union and is creating the conditions for a decertification vote. It's working. Either IUPA will walk away since LCSO is a big money loser for them or the member class will throw them out. Then comes vengeance...
    The "slow erosion of support" comes from the aforementioned pussies hiding like little *****es in the shadows waiting for things to be safe to come out.

I'm sure its been your experience that things happen overnight, but here in the real world things take time. Change and progress usually come in small increments. Keep waiting, though. Those of us with the balls to demand improvements will let you know when it is safe to come out.
    Name-calling, eh? That's impressive...all you guys with the "balls" who wear ties to work got there through some kind of connection and are now union leadership. That's how this place runs. You're apparently very impressed with yourselves. Nobody else is impressed. What are you going to do when the buy-off deal is thrown in front of you, say...a promotion or transfer to a coveted specialty unit? Are you going to turn it down since the payback is screwing over your union "brothers?" Or will you justify the sell-out by saying you did what was best for your family (as opposed to all the families for which you claim to be fighting)?

Every single person on the board was voted in. Did you vote?

Look,

The fact is the board made a decision without soliciting from its paying members on who, if anyone, to endorse.

The endorsement of Fisher was uncalled for and is clearly another form of intimidation.

I was so pissed. Bushong beat the snot out of those other two. Meister needs to go back to his village. Fisher forgot to take his adderal. The man was running around angry. He didn't even address the mods questions.

I called Lee today at 2393210988 and apologized for the union leaderships arrogance and stupidity. He was greatful and said he was shocked that the union didn't take a class wide vote for paying members. Obviously it was a rookie move by rookie leaders.

Lee still stands for us. He promised me he won't give up.

Call Lee or email him at leebushong@yahoo.com. You may see his speech or contact him through his website at www.lee2012.com. He'd love to hear from you.

This union has embarrassed us. I have spoken with so many others and its unanimous.

First. the union should not have endorsed a candidate without a ballot drive from voting members.

Second, it endorses Fisher (who was totally mowed over by Bushong) when no one but Bushong actually addressed the union issues. Bushong was so well prepared and polished that he might as well have been a presidential candidate. Even then, it should have gone to a voting class ballot, which it did not (had it, Bushong would have walked with it with head high.

Be careful what you wish for.

The way the union handled this, ignored the qualified candidate, and did not seek member imput leaves me with this:

Where do I find the petiton to get IUPA out of here? How do I stop paying?
    You puffies got what you asked for. You keep Fisher. Im going to the strong candidate - Lee Bushong. Lets Make It Right!

Quote Originally Posted by NightFury
    This union has embarrassed us. I have spoken with so many others and its unanimous.

First. the union should not have endorsed a candidate without a ballot drive from voting members.

Second, it endorses Fisher (who was totally mowed over by Bushong) when no one but Bushong actually addressed the union issues. Bushong was so well prepared and polished that he might as well have been a presidential candidate. Even then, it should have gone to a voting class ballot, which it did not (had it, Bushong would have walked with it with head high.

Be careful what you wish for.

The way the union handled this, ignored the qualified candidate, and did not seek member imput leaves me with this:

Where do I find the petiton to get IUPA out of here? How do I stop paying?
    You puffies got what you asked for. You keep Fisher. Im going to the strong candidate - Lee Bushong. Lets Make It Right!
    You assume of course that the union based its endorsement solely on the 20 minute presentation each candidate made? Interesting. You must be a sucker for a good sales pitch.

By your very comment you admit the vote was rigged. It should have gone to all members.

You think MS is bad? Put Fisher in and it'll be like Lee County's own Al Queda. History has shown us you can't trust an angry religious zealot.

That being said, Fisher doesn't have a plan. Its apparent. He and IUPA have bent the rules - just like Scott does now. This is a predicate for things to come.

How can we trust union leadership that says it acts in our best interest just proved it did not? Why the haste? Because most on the board are Fisher supports and I guarentee they have a personal stake (promotion?) in Fisher receiving the endorsement. For certain, had the full membership with voting rights been allowed to exercise that right, Fisher would not have received it.

IUPA should come down, remove the board members for malfeasance, set aside the endorsement and allow all members with voting rights to cast a vote. After all, how else would the board know what we want?

This example of back door, good ole boy politicking is no different from the current admin

We the Deputies should follow the Sgt. and Vote out the IUPA.

What we should do is file a complaint with Regional and have the board members disciplined and removed for dereliction of duty and acting in their own self interest.

Fisher was not qualified to receive this endorsement.

I agree that there should have been a vote. That was the idea behind getting the union, so we would all get a say. The board really screwed up. I am a union member, but I cannot agree with the way they did this. I feel the board went behind our backs and did this. We still need a union, but not like this.

Quote Originally Posted by hoodwinked
    By your very comment you admit the vote was rigged. It should have gone to all members.

You think MS is bad? Put Fisher in and it'll be like Lee County's own Al Queda. History has shown us you can't trust an angry religious zealot.

That being said, Fisher doesn't have a plan. Its apparent. He and IUPA have bent the rules - just like Scott does now. This is a predicate for things to come.

How can we trust union leadership that says it acts in our best interest just proved it did not? Why the haste? Because most on the board are Fisher supports and I guarentee they have a personal stake (promotion?) in Fisher receiving the endorsement. For certain, had the full membership with voting rights been allowed to exercise that right, Fisher would not have received it.

IUPA should come down, remove the board members for malfeasance, set aside the endorsement and allow all members with voting rights to cast a vote. After all, how else would the board know what we want?

This example of back door, good ole boy politicking is no different from the current admin

Please explain your guarantee that the board members have a personal stake or are getting promotions. If you could, please also explain the "malfeasance".

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast