MS compared to other LE leaders

MS compared to other LE leaders

Here are some media stories that sum up our un-beloved sheriff to others.
    Theirs:The Board of Supervisors is moving forward on a request from Sheriff Mike Chapman to use federal and state asset forfeiture funds to pay for needed equipment and programs, instead using the agency's regular budget.
    Chapman is seeking $50,000 to complete three tasks: develop a sheriff's office website, to re-brand the Computer Cop software and to buy search and rescue equipment.
    The new sheriff's office website, with a price tag of $25,000, would be a "distinct, user-friendly law enforcement sub-site of the county website." Chapman told the finance committee that the website would allow for more online initiatives, community updates, online reporting and better follow-up
    Ours:Charlie Sheen might be out of CBS’ Monday night comedy line-up, but Lee County Sheriff Mike Scott is in.
    The second-term sheriff will appear more frequently and in higher-profile time slots on local television stations through October as the Sheriff’s Office increases its monthly ad buy for public service announcements (PSAs).
    The office will spend $37,500 on PSAs each of the two months, a jump from the monthly average of $18,750 spent this year before September. An ad will also appear on a major network during prime time for the first time. So far, the ads have cost more than $225,000.
    The ads, paid for with money seized during investigations by law enforcement such as drug busts, target prescription pill abuse and texting while driving, with Scott typically appearing to deliver a message in the final 10 seconds of each spot.
    Thiers:A notorious member of the Cali cocaine trafficking cartel was sentenced in a Miami court to 200 months in prison followed by five years of supervised release. Jorge Solano was indicted and sentenced for cocaine trafficking, conspiracy to traffic in cocaine and money laundering as a result of large scale investigation. Solano was considered to be involved in moving approximately 50,000 kilograms of cocaine into Miami between 1988 and 1991. During this time, he was considered to be the major supplier to Miami cocaine trafficking rings. Solano was represented by a Miami defense criminal lawyer with vast experience in defending federal Miami cocaine trafficking cases.
    Ours:The Florida Department of Law Enforcement has opened a preliminary investigation into Lee County Sheriff Mike Scott.

The state is trying to determine if Scott has committed a crime after several former employees lodged a complaint against the sheriff in May.
    The reporting showed Scott had logged almost 400 phone calls with **** Spence, manager of the Alva Village Market and former Cali Cartel money launderer, in a three-year period.
    In late November and early December, several deputies began a covert investigation into Spence’s law enforcement connections, the story reported. The mission was compromised when Spence learned of a camera at the market.
    Scott demoted, transferred or fired several deputies connected to the investigation. Of the employees shuffled, former Chief Deputy Charles Ferrante, former Capt. Dominick Ferrante and former Lt. Lee Bushong left in the spring. Bushong was brought back as a patrol sergeant in late May.
    AND>>>>in December of 2011Last week, I wrote a column detailing through a witness and telephone records how Scott was still talking to Alva Village Market manager **** Spence, a convicted money launderer and kidnapper. Both admitted speaking to Spence earlier this year.
    The sheriff told me last week that the policy was “subtly’’ changed, but he didn’t know when it took effect. The policy on associating with criminals became more felon-friendly Nov. 22, according to a digital document obtained.
    Theirs:
    Some Hillsborough County officials were a bit put off a few weeks ago when Sheriff David Gee said he planned to give his employees a pay boost to offset a new state requirement that government employees contribute three percent of their pay toward pension costs.
    Ours:No need to even post anything here…

And ours again:
    Scott buddied up with the PBA to defeat incumbent sheriff Rod Shoap in the 2004 primary election.
    Yet more often than not, we find our sheriff railing against unions and telling us Lee County Sheriff's Office deputies don't need collective bargaining for a better work place.
    But PBA members familiar with interviews say Scott told them he favored collective bargaining - while Shoap said he was opposed - to gain the PBA endorsement and a $50,000 donation.
    "Mike told them: 'If you endorse me, I will embrace you,''' Shoap says. "I think it was $53,000. I know because if the union supports a candidate, they have to tell the other candidate the donation.''
    Cecil Pendergrass, who later became PBA president, says Scott played the union for votes and donations that turned into a massive television and radio advertising blitz.
    "He was all union until he was elected,'' Pendergrass says. "Then he shut the door on us.''
    PBA president Steve Long touted Scott's candidacy and his preference to unionize in the newsletter.
    "Vote Sheriff Shoap out of office and vote in the PBA and Mike Scott,'' Long wrote. "Mike stressed his commitment to support the rights of deputy sheriffs in collective bargaining. He also pointed out his history of being pro-union, such as when he helped local firefighters in their battle against privatization. ... I am confident that Mike will help to make these things a reality for Lee County deputies and will do a great job as sheriff.''

Tell me how you can vote for this man.

Re: MS compared to other LE leaders

"Re-elect the Corporal Sheriff", he'll take of himself no matter how much his members have to suffer.

Trypto wrote, "The Florida Department of Law Enforcement has opened a preliminary investigation into Lee County Sheriff Mike Scott.

The state is trying to determine if Scott has committed a crime after several former employees lodged a complaint against the sheriff in May.
    The reporting showed Scott had logged almost 400 phone calls with **** Spence, manager of the Alva Village Market and former Cali Cartel money launderer, in a three-year period.
    In late November and early December, several deputies began a covert investigation into Spence’s law enforcement connections, the story reported. The mission was compromised when Spence learned of a camera at the market.
    Scott demoted, transferred or fired several deputies connected to the investigation. Of the employees shuffled, former Chief Deputy Charles Ferrante, former Capt. Dominick Ferrante and former Lt. Lee Bushong left in the spring. Bushong was brought back as a patrol sergeant in late May."

I like the article & I do not disagree except with one detail: LB was not fired due to any investigation or involvement with DS. Cut and dry: He was demoted for emails sent to a subordinate (SD) regarding vacation time to attend to a sick child. They were threatening and inappropriate. Upon being disciplined, he walked out of the Sheriff's Office and called the subordinate and proceeded to curse and threaten him over the phone. Both of the IA Investigations are public record - 119 them. He was reinstated due to a suicidal threat that was made to a Major that had previously gone undocumented until the Civil Service Hearing. He should have been sent for a Fitness For Duty Eval at that time & wasn't. It was a technicality, but the re-hire was extended to him in an 'abundance of caution'. He later quit with (literally) hours’ notice because he found out he was the focus of yet another IA regarding his truthfulness, which he knew he would not survive. Period. His website consistently confuses the details around his IAs and his departure - it was nothing so noble or glamorous as the DS bandwagon. He was a bully.

The rest of it is well written and a pleasure to read - thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by guest 2
    Trypto wrote, "The Florida Department of Law Enforcement has opened a preliminary investigation into Lee County Sheriff Mike Scott.

Scott demoted, transferred or fired several deputies connected to the investigation. Of the employees shuffled, former Chief Deputy Charles Ferrante, former Capt. Dominick Ferrante and former Lt. Lee Bushong left in the spring. Bushong was brought back as a patrol sergeant in late May."

I like the article & I do not disagree except with one detail: LB was not fired due to any investigation or involvement with DS. Cut and dry: He was demoted for emails sent to a subordinate (SD) regarding vacation time to attend to a sick child. They were threatening and inappropriate. Upon being disciplined, he walked out of the Sheriff's Office and called the subordinate and proceeded to curse and threaten him over the phone. Both of the IA Investigations are public record - 119 them. He was reinstated due to a suicidal threat that was made to a Major that had previously gone undocumented until the Civil Service Hearing. He should have been sent for a Fitness For Duty Eval at that time & wasn't. It was a technicality, but the re-hire was extended to him in an 'abundance of caution'. He later quit with (literally) hours’ notice because he found out he was the focus of yet another IA regarding his truthfulness, which he knew he would not survive. Period. His website consistently confuses the details around his IAs and his departure - it was nothing so noble or glamorous as the DS bandwagon. He was a bully.

Point taken. However the article states that he was related to the investigation. It does not cite the reason for termination of Bushong. I think that you are correct in everything you said. The article is vague in addressing this and readers could mis-interpret that he was fired for being associated with the investigation which is, officially, not the case.

Guest 2 you are a little minion and a supporter of Tim Fisher. I watched that little idiot tonight at the Lee County Women's Dinner. He shot himself in the foot so many times that he was literally booed out of the room. Tell this din-wit to step aside and stop embarrassing himself, he has no chance. On the other hand, Bushong took over the room to the point MS couldn't even look at him in the face. MS than resorted to using one of his minion LT's that was there to try and ask Bushong some pointed questions. After Bushong sat this crony down, someone in the room yelled "take that." Your lies, your rumors about Bushong are just that. The Ferrantes asked Bushong to get involved and it was your boy Fisher who did MS' dirty work in Internal Affairs against Bushong. What Bushong did in calling out a couple of subordinates in other police department in the USA would be laughed at by other officers. You are such a sensitive wimp and Fisher after seeing him in action surprises me that he can count to three. Anyone who wants the truth just needs to go to Bushong's website and look up the record from the LCSO.

Hit a nerve? Just the facts, please: TF was not even in the IA Unit at the time of LB's IA. As I said I encourage you to 119 it - LB's website is NOT accurate (when this Sheriff thing doesn’t work out for him - there is always the Newspress). So LB ran a multi-million dollar budget at 22 in the Marine Core and someone called him on it and TF is an idiot? What meeting were YOU in? TF was booed you are right - because while standing in a room full of members of a club that MS belongs to, TF told them that the "charitable donations" that MS flaunts are given away to buy votes. It was not a popular statement - but TF saw it firsthand. BTW: LB did not sit anyone down - but the two of them did make MS sweat. (nice) Right now the one thing we will agree on is NOT MS...
    Your rendition of this night is so warped I wont even address it: If you answer and idiot according to his folly - he will drag you to his level and beat you with his experience.

Hit a nerve? Just the facts, please: TF was not even in the IA Unit at the time of LB's IA. As I said I encourage you to 119 it - LB's website is NOT accurate (when this Sheriff thing doesn’t work out for him - there is always the Newspress). So LB ran a multi-million dollar budget at 22 in the Marine Core and someone called him on it and TF is an idiot? What meeting were YOU in? TF was booed you are right - because while standing in a room full of members of a club that MS belongs to, TF told them that the "charitable donations" that MS flaunts are given away to buy votes. It was not a popular statement - but TF saw it firsthand. BTW: LB did not sit anyone down - but the two of them did make MS sweat. (nice) Right now the one thing we will agree on is NOT MS...
    Your rendition of this night is so warped I wont even address it: If you answer and idiot according to his folly - he will drag you to his level and beat you with his experience.
    Jim Leavens - please. We all saw you sitting over there with your pipe dream and sinking ship, Fisher. Just know that regardless who wins (well, we KNOW Fisher won't), most likely you won't have a job. Better you throw yourself on Bushong. You are a hard for showing up to a popular MS event with loser swat god fisher (bless you).

Also, for anyone else reading this - the only one nerdy enough to quote 119's and support Fisher so "knowledgeably" is Fisher's former boss. No wonder they moved you, Jim. A captain supervising a desk in corrections is a good place for you to eat your chicken wings in peace.

Now I agree that Bushong and Fisher made Scott sweat, but I doubt either of them are a threat. At least Bushong stands on his own legs. Sure, he may not win, but at least he wasn't up there stroking Scott in front of everyone.

Scott is the best sheriff we ever had and he will win this one no problem.

"The best Sheriff we ever had". I have to believe he must be the only Sheriff you've ever worked for. Sheriff Wanicka was truly a "Deputy's Sheriff", raises every year, developed the civil service board, health coverage for retirees, always backed his members. Sheriff McDougall, raises every year, increased the base pay for Deputies, computers, cars for members, civilians weren't issued cars, kept the best health coverage, increased the number of Deputies on the road.

Sheriff Scott, gave 20K raises to Captains and above, on day one, increased salaries for civilians 10=15K, on day one, no raises in five years, two unions came on board, been the only Sheriff in 50 years to have been investigated by the FEDS, FDLE, doubled the number of command staff, handed out cars to civilians as if it were candy, didn't wait for IA to finish their investigations before claiming the member "guilty", was never a supervisor over certified before becoming Sheriff, broke every promise he ever made. And you call him the best Sheriff ever. Nice Try.