The Miami Beach police Internal Affairs unit is conducting an investigation into a weekend incident involving one of their officers.

If the allegations are true, it would be just the latest in a long line of embarrassing episodes for the department.

Random Pixels has learned that a Miami Beach police officer may have been involved in one what a source is calling, "a near collision" involving the officer's police vehicle and a car driven by a postal inspector.

According to the source, the officer, Michael Veski, and the postal inspector had some sort of an exchange.

But, the source adds, the postal inspector is alleging that Veski was not the one driving the police vehicle. The source tells me that a friend of the officer - who is not a cop - was behind the wheel.

The postal inspector has allegedly told Internal Affairs investigators that when Veski exited his vehicle he was holding a beer.

This afternoon Miami Beach police spokesman Juan Sanchez confirmed to me that an investigation into the incident is being conducted by Internal Affairs, but declined further comment. Sanchez also declined to confirm the name of the officer. But, Sanchez denies there was a "near collision" between the two vehicles.
Don't back down! These guys are an embarrassment to law enforcement, and I'm glad to see you guys stood your ground and made the complaint. This kind of 60's law enforcement has no place here today.