What nobody wants to talk about
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What nobody wants to talk about

Whom is the most dangerous threat to young B/M's in this country? The answer is "Other B/M.s. We in LEO see this carnage everyday. Statisically speaking about 6 out of 10 B/M's end up being arrested at some point, some, many times. Whom should be the most upset about this this glaring fact? The answer is the roughly 40percent of B/M's that dont get into trouble! When perception kicks in, a sterotype ( a general tendency based on facts but not with a 100percent accuracy). Advertisers, opinion polls, and medical surveys are just a few examples of everyday stereotypes that occur. Other races tend to be suspicous of B/M's, especially the ones that dress and act like they just came from a gangsta rap video. I believe Mr. Riviera from Fox News was trying to point this out. Other races ignore the problems of the Black race until they cross over and victimize them. Leo"s experience will tell you that children born into a disfunctional enviorment, without a family structure ,discipline,education, and peer pressure to do the right thing, usually end up in the back seat of our cars. This formula is not race specific, however it is at a higher frequency in the black communities. With a 70percent birthrate of unwed black mothers, these children are brought into this world. Nobody should blame these children for being born. Any responsible person however should not have children if they cannot support and raise them. Occasionally women get pregnant by mistake, but having multiple children with different daddies whom are not supporting them financially and helping raise them is not the ideal enviorment for these children. Here a compassinate society steps in and provides taxpayer assistance. Often these fathers have been incarcerated or abandoned their responsibilities. I think the government check in lieu of daddy coupled with mothers whom have limited skills has created a generation of kids destined for the streets and in the back seat of our cars. Yet we still see single parents raising kids that turn out to be educated and free of trouble. Their priorities are enforced and these single parents are actively involved in their childrens lives. Leo/s across this country will tell you that the prodominatly black minority neigborhoods are the most dangerous to work in. These young B/M's that run the streets are far more confrontational and violent. Drugs and gangbangers are the two biggest problems. We in LEO are shooting and getting shot by these B.M's at a much higher rate than in other communities. Leo's are not perfect, often B/M's are stopped in certain areas for the most trival of reasons, to identify and see what they are up to. This occurs more often when a new officer begins working a area and not familiar with many of the residents. Ask any newspaper delivery guy how often he gets stopped until the officers know who he is. This is why the CPO concept has helped. They learn the neighborhood and over time, can tell you every person you see, the good and the bad ones. Unfortunetly, the only prodominately black leaders we hear from are the race baiters with their megaphones. This group is followed closely by most black politicians all of which would rather pander than face reality in their communities. When Obama inserted himself into this issue by saying "If he had a son he would look like Travon" Unless Obama conceived this child, the only simularity would be the color of his skin, which is exactly what Obama meant. We all know that based on statistics, Obama could have just as easily said and been more right than wrong (If he had a son he would look just like Nickolus Lindsey". Lindsey was a 17yr B/M that murdered a St. Pete Police Officer while committing a Burlary, he was wearing a hoodie at the time.

Re: What nobody wants to talk about

You make a strong and valid point.

The focus of the Zimmerman-Martin case has gone from seeking the full truth and justice to an issue of race. The problem is that many, many other cases go through the same.

The seven OIS cases from the City of Miami, where all the persons shot were black, led to accusations of racism towards the Chief. Never mind the fact that they were verbally and physically resistive, convicted felons, and in all but one case, armed.

Candle-light vigils were held in honor the deceased, proclaiming the innocence and integrity of these individuals. It didn't seem to matter that they had committed robberies, or refused to drop their weapons...they were"good" people.

It took the SAO and Justice Department over a year to finally close the cases out as fully justified, but still the accusations of racism continue.

How about Johnny Simms? His family decried the Miami-Dade Police Department as evil after he assassinated Amanda Haworth and Roger Castillo. According to them, he was a good man.

I do not deny that racism is still very much alive. It is an ugly truth, but that is life. However, the race card must not be overplayed. Every time the black community declares racism for matters that obviously have no racial connection, they set themselves back a little more. At the end of the day, when you point a gun at a LEO, you get shot. When you are a convicted felon and are in possession of a gun, you go back to prison. When you fail to report to your PO, you get locked up again. It's not racism, it's the law. Those rules apply to everyone equally.

The first step is to accept (at least some) responsibility for one's situation, and take positive action towards improving it. The next step is to stop defending the actions of the criminals by protecting them from capture due to some unwritten code. The protected criminals always seem to repay the favor by hurting and/or killing those who protect them anyways. STOP DEFENDING THE GUILTY. You are not a snitch, you're protecting YOUR community!

Comparing the US and Europe, they have the same opportunities here as well as there. The difference is that over there, they tend to complete a full education, do not expect to be given the government handouts that happen here, and make the full effort to succeed. They are also not under the belief that due to past slavery and segregation, they deserve to be given more. In Europe, the past is the past; let's learn from it and move on.

We have a great many blacks who are from affluent homes, and even when not, are brought up to make something of themselves. The problem comes in when you have parents who feed off of government aid, and teach their children to do the same. Of course, that is a cross-racial issue, and just as many whites do the same. It is always easier to blame others than to look inwards and see one's own failures.

Education is another key factor. I don't care what color you are; if you are not properly educated or even have proper respect for it, you cannot impart that requirement upon your children. Basically, ignorance begets ignorance. As a matter of fact, that is the very reason that racism still exists: ignorance.

Great reply. Unfortunately the folks parading around Sanford today will totally refute it all.

For one, Zimmerman is not a LEO, and I would hope your post would not be comparing his actions in the same light. Second, Martin is not one of the 60% of black males that have been arrested according to your math. Your assumptions in this case used by a wannabe LEO was incorrect. But let's take a look at your argument.

For one, your comments would have more validity if backed up with actual references to your claims. If this is what LEO's are taught, without any additional context, you are correct we have a serious problem in this country. Or shall I say, black people have a serious problem. I can understand why people who are not black are tired of hearing what they perceive as the same old tired argument of unfair treatment. Especially after reverse discrimination and lessening the gaps of socio-economic divisions. I can understand why people who are not black are fearful and apprehensive with regards to every situation involving someone black.

This country has done a fabulous job of demonizing and trivializing black people in general. It has been a masterfully effective campaign so much so that black people even profile each other. Law enforcement has obviously bought into the idea that everything black is 'evil' (at least 60% anyways). Black women view black men as somewhat lesser than white men.

Let's look at the other side of the coin. Can you imagine what comes across a black man's mind when he's approached by a white officer? Fact, racism is still a deep-seated problem in many areas in this country. Racial profiling is alive and well and according to you openly accepted by LEOs. So imagine one of the 40% of black males pulled over by a white officer. Already profiled prior to any verbal communication. God forbid he's wearing a hoodie right? As children, people are taught to respect and obey LEOs. As a black child, and especially black male, you are taught to be especially mindful of LEOs who do not like you because of the color of your skin. Now throw in a domestic issue or argument and perhaps the recent loss of a job, and guess what, red, green, black or white, that's not going to be a happy civilian you are approaching.

It sounds a bit ridiculous that on either side of the fence the lines are drawn immediately without even one word being spoken. What ever happened to judging someone by their character or actions? Treating someone with respect goes a long way and perhaps you would be surprised by a more cooperative 60%. Imagine the response Zimmerman would have received if he had treated Martin with just a modicum of respect before just assuming that the skittles or telephone he was reaching for was a weapon. He had already made up his mind before he left his truck that Martin was one of the punks that had been burglarizing the neighborhood.

Look, we all have our own opinions and are freely able to address them. Its one of the unique things that makes this country great. The fact of the matter in this case is that a proper investigation did not appear to be occurring in Sanford. And, sadly, I am one that believes had it not been for public outcry, the proper oversight would not have occurred. Having worked as a civilian employee for the Philadelphia PD and having daily interaction with LEOs in my current job for the past 15 years, I can honestly say that I have never had an issue with any LEOs and have found that the overwhelming majority are professional, hard working and competent individuals. Keep in mind, those lessons I learned as a young black male to be especially respectful to LEOs were good lessons to have learned. What lessons are LEOs learning with regards to respecting the individual rights of black males? To label the overwhelming majority of black men in this country (the 60%) as less than honorable is alarming to say the least. Just a thought, perhaps LEOs should change their approach. What you dish out, expect to get back in turn. Work needs to be done on both sides of the fence.

Thank you sir, for your opposing view. I think you have illustrated many of the points I was trying to make that are dividing us. First, I think that you can verify my facts if you think they are wrong. Nothing in your post, addressed the Black on Black crime issue. Heres another fact for you that has nothing to do with the police, a B/M has a 90percent chance of being killed by another B/M. Why have you chosen to semi-defend the troubled amoung your race, instead of condemning them for making otherwise law abiding B/Ms suffer the sterotypes and preceptions that these criminals amoung you have created. When black politicians and community leaders only go to the microphones when they feel your race has been wronged, but remain silient when your race is the problem, solutions will never be reached. Introspect is almost nonexistent. The few that try are quickly labled "Uncle Toms"The drug dealers and gand bangers that are at the root of most of the problems, seem to get a pass in your world. The color of their skin seems to trump anything they do and I got news for you, its not jobs, its not the schools fault, its everything I pointed out in my original post, and its out of control. In the fog of war, their are going to be friendly fire casualties, but if we let it consume us, the worst amoung us will prevail...

The facts are Travon Martin was arrested twice, once for drugs and the other for possession of stolen property and burglary tools. Both occurred in school and instead of doing what they should have done they handled the arrest in a juvenile diversionary program and suspended him from school which is why his mother could not control him and sent him to dad to try and scare him. Welcome to how the schools in South Florida hide criminal statistics so they do not show crime in their schools and this results in avoiding the court system which is why these kids are not Turing out too well here in Miami.

Former SRO

Quote Originally Posted by Disappointed_
    For one, Zimmerman is not a LEO, and I would hope your post would not be comparing his actions in the same light. Second, Martin is not one of the 60% of black males that have been arrested according to your math. Your assumptions in this case used by a wannabe LEO was incorrect. But let's take a look at your argument.

For one, your comments would have more validity if backed up with actual references to your claims. If this is what LEO's are taught, without any additional context, you are correct we have a serious problem in this country. Or shall I say, black people have a serious problem. I can understand why people who are not black are tired of hearing what they perceive as the same old tired argument of unfair treatment. Especially after reverse discrimination and lessening the gaps of socio-economic divisions. I can understand why people who are not black are fearful and apprehensive with regards to every situation involving someone black.

This country has done a fabulous job of demonizing and trivializing black people in general. It has been a masterfully effective campaign so much so that black people even profile each other. Law enforcement has obviously bought into the idea that everything black is 'evil' (at least 60% anyways). Black women view black men as somewhat lesser than white men.

Let's look at the other side of the coin. Can you imagine what comes across a black man's mind when he's approached by a white officer? Fact, racism is still a deep-seated problem in many areas in this country. Racial profiling is alive and well and according to you openly accepted by LEOs. So imagine one of the 40% of black males pulled over by a white officer. Already profiled prior to any verbal communication. God forbid he's wearing a hoodie right? As children, people are taught to respect and obey LEOs. As a black child, and especially black male, you are taught to be especially mindful of LEOs who do not like you because of the color of your skin. Now throw in a domestic issue or argument and perhaps the recent loss of a job, and guess what, red, green, black or white, that's not going to be a happy civilian you are approaching.

It sounds a bit ridiculous that on either side of the fence the lines are drawn immediately without even one word being spoken. What ever happened to judging someone by their character or actions? Treating someone with respect goes a long way and perhaps you would be surprised by a more cooperative 60%. Imagine the response Zimmerman would have received if he had treated Martin with just a modicum of respect before just assuming that the skittles or telephone he was reaching for was a weapon. He had already made up his mind before he left his truck that Martin was one of the punks that had been burglarizing the neighborhood.

Look, we all have our own opinions and are freely able to address them. Its one of the unique things that makes this country great. The fact of the matter in this case is that a proper investigation did not appear to be occurring in Sanford. And, sadly, I am one that believes had it not been for public outcry, the proper oversight would not have occurred. Having worked as a civilian employee for the Philadelphia PD and having daily interaction with LEOs in my current job for the past 15 years, I can honestly say that I have never had an issue with any LEOs and have found that the overwhelming majority are professional, hard working and competent individuals. Keep in mind, those lessons I learned as a young black male to be especially respectful to LEOs were good lessons to have learned. What lessons are LEOs learning with regards to respecting the individual rights of black males? To label the overwhelming majority of black men in this country (the 60%) as less than honorable is alarming to say the least. Just a thought, perhaps LEOs should change their approach. What you dish out, expect to get back in turn. Work needs to be done on both sides of the fence.

Quote Originally Posted by Disappointed_

"There is another class of coloured people who make a business of keeping the troubles, the wrongs, and the hardships of the Negro race before the public. Having learned that they are able to make a living out of their troubles, they have grown into the settled habit of advertising their wrongs — partly because they want sympathy and partly because it pays. Some of these people do not want the Negro to lose his grievances, because they do not want to lose their jobs."

~ Booker T. Washington, Republican

[quote=Sounds like]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Disappointed_":d4b9vgz0

"There is another class of coloured people who make a business of keeping the troubles, the wrongs, and the hardships of the Negro race before the public. Having learned that they are able to make a living out of their troubles, they have grown into the settled habit of advertising their wrongs — partly because they want sympathy and partly because it pays. Some of these people do not want the Negro to lose his grievances, because they do not want to lose their jobs."

~ Booker T. Washington, Republican[/quote:d4b9vgz0]
    -Sounds like our President

DNA Discoverer: Blacks Less Intelligent Than Whites
    One of the world's most eminent scientists has created a racial firestorm in Britain.
    James D. Watson, 79, co-discoverer of the DNA helix and winner of the 1962 Nobel Prize in medicine, told the Sunday Times of London that he was "inherently gloomy about the prospect of Africa" because "all our social policies are based on the fact that their intelligence is the same as ours — whereas all the testing says not really."
    He recognized that the prevailing belief was that all human groups are equal, but that "people who have to deal with black employees find this not true."
    • Click here to read the full Sunday Times of London profile.
    Acknowledging that the issue was a "hot potato," the lifelong Democrat and avowed secular humanist nonetheless said his beliefs were not an excuse to discriminate against blacks.
    "There are many people of color who are very talented," said Watson, "but don't promote them when they haven't succeeded at the lower level."
    He told the interviewer, a former student of his, that he had recently inaugurated a DNA learning center near Harlem, and would like to have more black researchers at his lab, "but there's no one to recruit."
    Steven Rose, a professor of biological sciences at the Open University in Britain, was quick to dismiss Watson's comments.
    "This is Watson at his most scandalous, " Rose told the Times of London. "If he knew the literature in the subject, he would know he was out of his depth scientifically, quite apart from socially and politically."
    Watson is the former director and current chancellor of the Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory biological-research institution on New York's Long Island, and both admired and infamous for bluntly speaking his mind.
    In a British television documentary in 2003, Watson advised eliminating low intelligence through gene therapy.
    "If you are really stupid, I would call that a disease," said Watson, according to New Scientist magazine . "The lower 10 percent who really have difficulty, even in elementary school, what's the cause of it?
    "A lot of people would like to say, 'Well, poverty, things like that.' It probably isn't," he added. "So I'd like to get rid of that, to help the lower 10 percent."
    He also touched upon sexual attraction in the same TV program.
    "People say it would be terrible if we made all girls pretty," Watson said. "I think it would be great."
    In 2000, he told a lecture audience at U.C. Berkeley that there was a correlation between a population's exposure to sunlight and its sex drive.
    "That's why you have Latin lovers," Watson said, according to the San Francisco Chronicle . "You've never heard of an English lover. Only an English patient."
    The notion that intelligence tests and other scientific evidence shows that racial groups differ in intelligence, at least statistically, is not a new one.
    It last gained popular attention in 1994 with "The Bell Curve," a best-selling book written by Harvard psychologist Richard J. Herrnstein (who died before publication) and political scientist Charles Murray, which argued that intelligence was more important than socio-economic background or education in achieving success in American life.
    The book does not explicitly ascribe a genetic, racial connection to intelligence, but Murray in his publicity tour to promote the book cited studies that human intelligence could be ranked by ancestry, with East Asians and European Jews leading the way.
    That view was more clearly stated in 1995 by British-Canadian psychologist J. Philippe Rushton, whose "Race, Evolution and Behavior: A Life History Perspective" quantified dozens of differences between blacks, whites and Asians.
    In the 1970s, electronics pioneer William Shockley, who won the 1956 Nobel Prize in physics, said that the human race would suffer as less intelligent people outbred more intelligent ones, with the greatest damage to occur in the black American population.
    Most sociologists, geneticists and psychologists reject the notion of racial differences in intelligence, pointing out that economic and social factors clearly influence IQ test scores.
    The issue of race itself is scientifically controversial, with some arguing that it is a meaningless term and others saying that consistent traits occur among individuals of shared ancestry.
    Watson is currently in Britain promoting his just-published new volume of memoirs, "Avoid Boring People: Lessons From a Life in Science."
    "There is no firm reason to anticipate that the intellectual capacities of peoples geographically separated in their evolution should prove to have evolved identically," he writes. "Our wanting to reserve equal powers of reason as some universal heritage of humanity will not be enough to make it so."

I have been wondering about why Whites are racists,
    and no other race is...

Proud to be White
    Michael Richards makes his point...

Michael Richards better known as Kramer
    from TVs' Seinfeld does make a good point.
    This was his defense speech in court
    after making racial comments in his comedy act.
    In it he raised a few interesting points...

Someone finally said it.
    But how many are actually paying attention to this?

There are African Americans, Mexican Americans, Asian Americans,
    Arab Americans, etc.
    And then there are just Americans...
    You pass me on the street and sneer in my direction.

You call me 'White boy', 'Cracker', 'Honkey', 'Whitey', 'Caveman'...
    And that's OK...
    But when I call you ******, Kike,
    Towel head, Sand-******, Camel Jockey, Beaner, Gook, or Chink...
    You call me a racist.

You say that whites commit a lot of violence against you...
    So why are the ghettos the most dangerous places to live in?

You have the United Negro College Fund.
    You have Martin Luther King Day.
    You have Black History Month.
    You have Cesar Chavez Day.
    You have Yom Hashoah.
    You have Ma'uled Al-Nabi.
    You have the NAACP.
    You have BET...

Imagine if we had WET
    (White Entertainment Television)...
    we'd be racists.

If we had a White Pride Day,
    you would call us racists.

If we had White History Month,
    we'd be racists.

If we had any organization for whites only to 'advance' OUR lives,
    we'd be racists.

We have a Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, a Black Chamber of Commerce,
    and then we just have the plain Chamber of Commerce.
    Wonder who pays for that???

A white woman could not be in the
    Miss Black American pageant,
    but any color can be in the Miss America pageant.

If we had a college fund that only gave white students scholarships...
    You know we'd be racists.

There are over 60 openly proclaimed
    Black Colleges in the US ...
    Yet if there were 'White colleges',
    that would be a racist college.

In the Million Men March,
    you believed that you were marching for your race and rights.
    If we marched for our race and rights,
    you would call us racists.

You are proud to be black, brown, yellow and orange,
    and you're not afraid to announce it.
    But when we announce our white pride,
    you call us racists.

You rob us, carjack us, and shoot at us.
    But,
    when a white police officer shoots a black gang member or beats up a black drug dealer running from the law and posing a threat to society, you call him a racist.

I am proud...
    But you call me a racist.

Why is it that only whites can be racists???

There is nothing improper
    about this e-mail...
    But let's see which of you are proud enough to send it on.
    I sadly don't think many will.

That's why
    we have LOST most of OUR RIGHTS
    in this country.
    We won't stand up for ourselves!

BE PROUD
    TO BE WHITE!

It's not a crime YET...
    But getting very close!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast