Zimmerman is inocent - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Zimmerman is inocent

Quote Originally Posted by NEIGHBORHOOD WATCH
    I only have one question. Why was he armed in he first place. In Tampa I conduct a neighborhood watch, and the law clearing states, that I can not be armed while performing my duties as a security neighborhood watch. All the rest I can not comment on, because I as not there.I will say, "this will not end well for Zimmerman now that Al Sharpton is involved"he is going PLAY THE RACE CARD]. Rev Al wouldn't be here if it was status qoute,and it was a black male shooting a white person.

Neighborhood watch guy.
    Maybe he has a carry permit.

Quote Originally Posted by Miami area LEO
    To "Really":

784.048 - Stalking
    784.011 - Assault

Both of these qualify for self-defensive actions from Trayvon. He was being followed/harassed by some guy he didn't know, and should therefore feel threatened. I am not saying that perhaps Trayvon could not have taken another course of action, but at the end of it all, the guy with the gun was not supposed to go after him. Once you feel the threat, you can defend yourself. Also, you too are going off the assumption that GZ did not first place his hands on Trayvon.

The escalation of force goes equally. George started, Trayvon responded and escalated, to which George escalated again, and so on...the problem being that the initial action itself was unlawful.

The reported "slamming" of George's head against the asphalt was obviously not as bad as Zimmerman claimed. If it was so bad, why was he not taken to the hospital before going to the station? Sure SFD responded and treated him, but it could not have been a major head injury if the medical transport was never completed.

I will have to go back on the vigilantism, however, because I could not find it under that specific term. However, he was performing patrol functions while armed, which can be a violation under 843.08. So, while there is no statute for "vigilantism", that falls under the title of obstruction. If he was performing the patrol functions under the guise of security, then he is in violation of FSS 493, because he is unlicensed. The NCPC is the one who sets rules for Crime Watch, and it is against their rules to perform those functions while armed.

I actually seem to be in the right ballpark, though. I know this because the lead investigator wanted to arrest GZ for the manslaughter.

The slurs I used were directed not at you, who are quite obviously more adept at the use of the English language; they were directed at "Hulk", who had fished for them.
    Dude did you not think I would lookup FS 843.08, Falsely personating officer? Where did he claim he was LE? He always claimed to be a neighborhood watch member. That's clearly a civilian position. He also never claimed to be a security guard so 493 does not apply. As for the rules of the organization governing neighborhood crime watch, they are not laws and did not need to be followed. Again, there was no law broken by carrying and following.

Also 748.08 requires "willfully, maliciously, and repeatedly" as a condition of stalking. Neither is evident.

748.001 also states "An “assault” is an intentional, unlawful threat by word or act to do violence to the person of another, coupled with an apparent ability to do so, and doing some act which creates a well-founded fear in such other person that such violence is imminent.".

Saying that following someone who you believe to be suspicious is assault is quite a stretch of the law and quite unlikely to lead to a conviction.

Buddy my point is that neither one of us knows the facts. But, up to the point of the physical confrontation no laws were broken by Zimmerman. Who hit who first and what happened after that point we just don't know. I've read the police reports and whiteness statements and I still am not convinced either way.

Well I see that everyone on this site is a legal expert.
    Zimmerman did not break any laws prior to the shooting, and that act has yet to be determined if it was a violation of Florida law.
    Let’s ask ourselves some questions,
    Zimmerman was on the way to the store, sees activity that he feels is suspicious and feels compelled to call the Sanford police about. He reports this activity and maintains visual contact with the “suspect”. The suspect turns on him and beats him to death.
    Was Martin justified? From what I have been reading several of the posters have this point of view.
    How about Zimmerman and Martin are just walking in the same direction for a period of time when Martin feels threatened turns and attacks Zimmerman. Is Martin justified? From the arguments being presented there are several of you that would respond yes.

As every law enforcement officer know, every confrontation is an armed confrontation because you bring the firearm. When you are armed you cannot be disabled, that only arms the assailant with your firearm. There are numerous accounts documented by video where a law enforcement officers are incapacitated and then killed with his own firearm.
    Where does the argument go when Zimmerman’s firearm is found to have Martin’s fingerprints on it?

The stalking statute also clearly states "no matter how short a time". The assault statute dictates that it be a credible threat. I can see how that would be interpreted as a credible threat by Trayvon, and since he can't speak now, I'd have to take that into account. Those are the parts of the statute that need to be read as well, not just the parts you printed.

843.08 may be allowed to fly based upon Zimmerman's actions in whole part. If it doesn't fly, let it be the SAO to drop it, but I'd write it on the a-form, just to be safe.

You say you've read the reports; if it's true, then you have that on me. But, based upon what I know, I would have made the arrest, and let the SAO dismiss it.

Had it been an OIS, I'd be siding with the officer. But because of Zimmerman's civilian status and lack of authority, I know that this entire thing could have been avoided if he had just stayed in his car.

I mentioned 493 simply to cover any bases in which he might have mentioned working in a security capacity; I was not intending to say he actually was.

It is illegal to solicit murder and kidnapping in this country and the state of Florida. Where is the DOJ, Eric (blood on my hands) Holder, and Pam Bondi in reference to the black panthers and their crap they are pulling? Nowhere! I've emailed FDLE, DOJ, and Pam Bondi and received no response!

The media isn't saying much about it either. Well, let the race war begin then. As of right now I don't leave the house without the Gen4, my "egg scrambler", and a knife or two. Since I'm white, there is a bounty on my head per the BP's, I guess I have to defend myself since nobody else is doing anything about it! Bring it you natives, you WONT win!

If you are an example, no wonder south Fla, is so bad.
    Yeah, I'm an example. I'm the example of a man from Cuban ancestry who can beat you at your own games. I am fluent in four languages, well-versed in many global cultures, I'm educated, well-spoken, and am well trained in a specialized area of investigations.

I belong to the culture that came in here in 1962 and turned a backwoods town into a major metropolitan county. Yes, we have our fair share of violence, drugs, fraud, and other crimes here, but we also have some of the best schools, medical care, multi-national jobs, and overall growth opportunities in the nation.

[quote:1lkyxijz]SORRY I DON'T HANG OUT WITH YOUR MOTHER
    Wow, so original. Did you come up with that all by yourself? Impressive for someone with such narrow eyes and obviously pronounced brow...or did you get help from your sister/wife?[/quote:1lkyxijz]

Great comeback Miami LEO, you are correct on all accounts that you raise. I am a white guy who grew up with hispanics and it is an ethnicity not a race. Sanford P.D. is all but gone, and the goober debating you is outmatched.

If you are an example, no wonder south Fla, is so bad.
    Yeah, I'm an example. I'm the example of a man from Cuban ancestry who can beat you at your own games. I am fluent in four languages, well-versed in many global cultures, I'm educated, well-spoken, and am well trained in a specialized area of investigations.

I belong to the culture that came in here in 1962 and turned a backwoods town into a major metropolitan county. Yes, we have our fair share of violence, drugs, fraud, and other crimes here, but we also have some of the best schools, medical care, multi-national jobs, and overall growth opportunities in the nation.

[quote:6fkocl5l]SORRY I DON'T HANG OUT WITH YOUR MOTHER
    Wow, so original. Did you come up with that all by yourself? Impressive for someone with such narrow eyes and obviously pronounced brow...or did you get help from your sister/wife?[/quote:6fkocl5l]

Ok, I was a lurker but am going to join in now. I was with you until your statement about how your culture turned a backwards town into a major metropolitan county. Sorry, but as a Florida native I resent that remark. I, too, am apparently around your age & I can remember Miami & the surrounding area as a once beautiful city. I remember my parents driving us around different parts of town & we didn't have to lock our car doors. English was spoken. Now before you even say that a person knowing more than one language is a positive thing....I agree, but not when it is forced upon you. And not for nothing, but my family & I are bilingual, but Spanish is not one of the languages.

Anyway, your previous post does show your bias in this case. Just the fact that you refer to George Zimmerman as "Zimmerman" & Trayvon Martin as "Trayvon". You may say that is no big deal, but it speaks volumes as far as how you feel about the case, in my opinion. Also, since "Zimmerman" is usually mentioned in the news as Hispanic, even though his father is not, not sure how his being Hispanic on his mother's side trumps his father's side as just being an American. Gotta love the media for that, too.

People who claim to be a miami area Leo and posting on here when the only evidence to comment on is what the press is reporting is either a wanna be cop or a very bad one if they really are in law enforcement.

Time to shut up and let the courts decide and stop spreading unverified information as factual. Your Miami area Leo opinions mean nothing and you are making our profession look bad by claiming to be legit.

new evidence released today, TRAYVON IS A DRUG ADICT CRIMINAL AND ZIMMERMAN IS A HERO

Miami area LEO ...................Where are now with all the new evidence that's been released? Pre-Law student at your local community college also doesn't qualify you as an, " Miami area LEO ".

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast