CHIEF LEE, IT DOESNT LOOK GOOD - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: CHIEF LEE, IT DOESNT LOOK GOOD

Quote Originally Posted by Miami area LEO
    What I can definitively say is that in Dade County, GZ would have been locked up immediately after the 911 recording was listened to.
    Thank God that the rest of Florida does not operate like the Gestapo in Miami.

The Sanford Police Department said officers were prohibited from arresting Zimmerman the night of the shooting because physical evidence and testimony supported his claim that he acted in self-defense in accordance with Florida law. The police department gave the explanation to City Manager Norton Bonaparte, who included it in a letter to the community about the case, posted on the city's website.

Zimmerman said he was driving in his gated community when he saw Martin walking and called 911 to report a suspicious person.

Sonner says his client was injured that night and went to the hospital with a broken nose and a serious cut on the back of his head.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Miami area LEO
    What I can definitively say is that in Dade County, GZ would have been locked up immediately after the 911 recording was listened to.
    Thank God that the rest of Florida does not operate like the Gestapo in Miami.

The Sanford Police Department said officers were prohibited from arresting Zimmerman the night of the shooting because physical evidence and testimony supported his claim that he acted in self-defense in accordance with Florida law. The police department gave the explanation to City Manager Norton Bonaparte, who included it in a letter to the community about the case, posted on the city's website.

Zimmerman said he was driving in his gated community when he saw Martin walking and called 911 to report a suspicious person.

Sonner says his client was injured that night and went to the hospital with a broken nose and a serious cut on the back of his head.
    The "Gestapo" in Miami (Dade County as a whole) know what we are doing. We conduct major investigations daily, and by the dozens. We deal with dirt bags the likes that you have never heard of. We are not discriminatory towards non-WASPS, and we don't protect the guilty.

So GZ was injured...so what? Why did he go after someone he had no legal grounds to go after. The injury occurred as the result of Trayvon defending himself from an attacker. Your evidence is clear: A civilian watchman took it upon himself to take a series of actions that escalated to a tragic end...PERIOD. George Zimmerman is NOT authorized to perform police functions.

Crime watch does not make you a police officer. Crime watch does not allow you to patrol with a gun, regardless of CWP. Zimmerman acted illegally. His vigilantism was a violation of FSS, and his killing of Trayvon Martin is manslaughter at best.

I said it before, and I will say it again. If you are not a police officer, have fun stopping me. I will fight you with all that I have, up to and including lethal force. I have that right, and so did Trayvon. The difference is that George Zimmerman took that most basic right from Trayvon, ultimately killing him.

Based upon my personal knowledge of Trayvon's home town, the 911 recordings I've heard, and my experience as a detective for the last 6 years, I have pieced the following together:

-GZ saw Trayvon, followed him, and called 911
    -Trayvon knew it and wanted to know why he was being followed
    -GZ likely pulled the gun at that moment
    -Trayvon is no fool and saw it; he ran away immediately
    -GZ took it upon himself to go after Trayvon
    -Fight ensued, gun fired, Trayvon dead

Since Zimmerman has no right to chase, detain, stop, or arrest anyone, he initiated unlawful actions that directly led to the death of Trayvon Martin. Further, Trayvon was fully within his rights to defend himself against Zimmerman, who became the attacker. So, if Zimmerman went to the hospital, tough shit for him.

George Zimmerman didn't defend himself. He attacked his victim and killed him.

George called 911 to report a suspicious person. As he got off the phone the kid attacked him and started beating the crap out of him and slamming his head against the walkway. All the while saying "you're gunna die tonight motherxxxxxx". George was screaming help when someone in a nearby apartment called 911 again. George's shirt came up while the kid was beating him, revealing the gun that he is licensed to carry. The kid went for the gun and they struggled for it, George ended up shooting the kid and saving his own life. All these people are saying that he should be in jail when they don't even know what happened.. He's completely devastated that this happened and has barely been functional from the guilt. No one shoots someone for no reason, And they need to stop pulling the race card, George is Hispanic, not white. Trayvon Martin was a bully in high school with gang tattoo's. This 17 year old black teen was no angel I will even post a picture of him more recent then the 2 year old ones the media has been showing to paint this picture of a orderly young

George pursued Trayvon. If he was beat up, that is why. Don't go after people because they look "suspicious" to you.

What training does George have? What experience does he have? Who told him that neighborhood watch functions can be performed with a gun? What is suspicious about wearing a hoodie while walking in the rain? What authority did he have to go after someone?

George was not police, had no police authority, and even if Trayvon was a bully, George had no way of knowing it, not that it mattered here. George had no right of expectation for Trayvon (or anybody else) to allow himself to be followed.

We go back to the original problem: George began the set of sequences that led to Trayvon's death. This is why he should be arrested. Trayvon is dead due to George's negligent actions. Legally speaking, this case differs only slightly from any DUI fatality case.

FYI, he may be part Hispanic, but that alone doesn't remove racism. Personally, I think the racism here is on the part of the Sanford PD protecting George, not George himself, but I don't know him. Racism aside, this is a clear-cut case of manslaughter and vigilantism. The 911 recordings are very damming.

Before chasing Trayvon, George is recorded saying "These assholes...they always get away." It was recorded while Trayvon ran away, and just before George pursued, while holding a gun, in a crime WATCH capacity (NOT ALLOWED). The struggle ensued because Trayvon was threatened and defended himself; that struggle led to his death.

George may be devastated, and I can believe it. He may never have meant for all this to happen, and I can believe that, too. The problem lies in the fact that he created this problem via personal negligence, and now he has to through the legal process.

they need to stop pulling the race card, George is Hispanic, not white.
    I forgot to address this line properly...

Hispanic is not a race, it is an ethnic/cultural background. I am a white, Hispanic male. My family is from Cuba. We share a common language with half the planet, but we are all very culturally different from one another. Genetically, my bloodlines are traceable to the Romans. I am no less racially "white" than a Swede with pure Viking bloodlines, but genetically and culturally, we are quite different.

Conversely, I have worked with, gone to school with, and have friends who are black, white, Indian (as in from India), Chinese, Japanese, and Arabic who are Hispanic. They speak Spanish and English fluently. Racially, they are black, white, and asian respectively, but all of them are Hispanic ethnically.

All you white devils is about to get laid off. I bout to call Mister Sharpton and ask that he appoint the New Black Panther Warriors to be the polices in Sanford.

Quote Originally Posted by Tandeeza Washington
    All you white devils is about to get laid off. I bout to call Mister Sharpton and ask that he appoint the New Black Panther Warriors to be the polices in Sanford.
    Funny. Zimmerman probably wanted to be a cop so bad he could taste it. Something stopped him, either he was too stupid to pass the exam to get his state license (and you have to be pretty freaking stupid to fail that) or else he couldn't pass the psych exam and get hired on anywhere. So what's a frustrated wannabe to do...join the neighborhood watch program where he can pretend to be a cop and do cop-like things like bully people for no reason.

Lee needs to go because Sanford PD totally screwed this investigation up and maybe if they'd done a semi-competent job we'd have more answers than questions now.

Wow good move.. the Black City Manager steps down the White Police Chief to replace him with a Black Acting Police Chief. Really??? Then you tell him not to answer any questions. We are not that stupid Mr City Manager.... Defend your decision not to arrest. Release the "public information" report. You should have defended your decision with facts the night it all occurred and these "race riots" may not have begun. All anyone ever asked for where the facts. Your closed mouth approach to this matter has caused nationwide chaos. Your pathetic atttempt to quell the masses with your Black Acting Chief is rediculous!!!!!!!

Lets face it if this was a white kid nobody would care less. And it would not matter if the shooter was white or black. The pimps and whore mongers like Jerkson and evil Al are going to play this for everything it's worth. Rememeber these two clowns need a good tragedy like this every once in a while to keep themselves relevent to the ignorant blacks who still idiolize them. To say that they don't wait for a phone call like this would be an understatement. I can just see how giddy they must get behind closed doors that they can go out and play the race card, but in public they put on that sad grimace face that they know how to wear oh so well. Stay safe my brothers and sisters of Sanford PD because in a situation like this you are going to get just as much blame as the guy who pulled the trigger.

[quote="Guest"]Lets face it if this was a white kid nobody would care less. And it would not matter if the shooter was white or black. The pimps and whore mongers like Jerkson and evil Al are going to play this for everything it's worth. Rememeber these two clowns need a good tragedy like this every once in a while to keep themselves relevent to the ignorant blacks who still idiolize them. To say that they don't wait for a phone call like this would be an understatement. I can just see how giddy they must get behind closed doors that they can go out and play the race card, but in public they put on that sad grimace face that they know how to wear oh so well. Stay safe my brothers and sisters of Sanford PD because in a situation like this you are going to get just as much blame as the guy who pulled the trigger.[/q
    IF YOUR A LEO, YOU SIR HAVE ISSUES TO BELIEVE SUCH NONSENSE. EVERY LIFE IS VALUABLE WHITE OR BLACK. IF YOU BELIEVE A WHITE KID KILLED BY EITHER A WHITE MALE OR BLACK MALE IN THE SAME DETAILED MATTER WOULD CARRY NO FAULT YOUR BIGOTRY BLINDS YOU. BE SAFE SANFORD PD!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast