CHIEF LEE, IT DOESNT LOOK GOOD
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

CHIEF LEE, IT DOESNT LOOK GOOD

AFTER REVIEWING THE 911 CALL IN FROM MR. ZIMMERMAN, CHIEF LEE MAYBE YOU NEED SOME IN SERVICE CLASSES ON INVESTIGATIONS. BECAUSE I'M EMBARRASED TO KNOW THAT YOU WOULD IGNORE THE FACTS FROM THE 911 CALLER, WHO WAS INSTRUCTED BY A DISPACTHER NOT TO APPROACH THIS KID, BUT INSTEAD HE RUNS AFTER HIM AND SHOOTS HIM. STAND YOUR GROUND! I DONT THINK SO. YOUR DEPARTMENT WILL BE EXPOSED WHEN ALL IS SAID AND DONE. CHIEF YOU MIGHT WANT TO RESIGN BACAUSE IT DOESNT LOOK GOOD!

Re: CHIEF LEE, IT DOESNT LOOK GOOD

Well, he replaced the last corrupt chief we had, so I'm not sure what good it will do to get rid of another chief. We'll just get another corrupt cop in his place.

Whatever happens it won't bring this poor kid back to life.
    But I hope this shows everyone that racism is still a problem in Florida and
    all over our country. Racism needs to stop. It is shameful what your department
    is going through.

Where is the evidence that race was involved? Anytime something happens to a black, the blacks claim racism. Society is sick and tired of hearing it. Again, where is the evidence that race had anything to do with this?

Let me guess the next move of the blacks: When the fed's don't prosecute because of lack of evidence, guess what, a riot? What a joke.

Lack of evidence because you guys suck.

I have yet to see evidence of racism.

Now, with that said, I see piss-poor police work. Zimmerman was part of crime watch. He was not a LEO, and had no business chasing Trayvon Martin. He should have remained watchful and waited for the proper people to arrive.

Zimmerman took it upon himself to act, with no legal right to do so. He physically assaulted and battered Trayvon. Trayvon did exactly what ANYONE would do; fight off an aggressor. Trayvon Martin is dead because of Zimmerman's unlawful actions.

I understand that an arrest was not made initially, as per FSS regarding self-defense. However, even the newest detective knows enough to establish PC after pulling the 911 recordings. Based upon that, it is evident that Zimmerman acted outside the scope of his duties, and against police department orders.

Zimmerman should have been arrested as soon as those recordings were heard. He acted as a vigilante; his irresponsible actions directly caused the death of Trayvon. If you can prove (based upon past reports/documented behavior) that Zimmerman is racist, then charge him with a hate crime and Murder 3. If not, charge him with manslaughter and put him where he belongs.

Sanford PD has failed the public with regards to this investigation.

"Zimmerman took it upon himself to act, with no legal right to do so. He physically assaulted and battered Trayvon."

Your first sentence in this quote is correct. All he should've done is "Watch" as his title says (community watch). However, if the kid runs and he keeps his distance to avoid a confrontation he is within his legal right. As far as to how the confrontation started, none of us will ever know the entire story because none of us were there which brings me to your second sentence. How exactly do you know he assaulted and battered this kid? The only time I've seen this on the news is when they were filming someone that (again) wasn't there.

Not trying to be confrontational at all brother, just making a point. I'd like to know what type of vehicle this Zimmerman guy was driving (marked/unmarked/personal vehicle), if he was in some type of uniform, and if his community allowed or wanted him to carry a pistol. Actually, we don't even know if this guy was a volunteer homeowner in this community or for the City or County. If I were 17, and some guy was following me, and then tried stopping me with nothing indicating law enforcement or some type of security, I'd probably run too.

No offense taken!

From what I originally heard, there was a struggle. That may not have been exactly correct though. But we do know that Zimmerman went after him. We are in full agreement that one would run or fight, depending on the circumstances. If you are not police, have fun trying to stop me.

We also know that George Zimmerman had a CWP to be armed. However, that is only for personal carry, and cannot be used at all for any type of security functions. If he was working in any "security" capacity, he was not in accordance with the law. Those requirements are enhanced when a firearm is part of the job. I checked his name in the DOACS website, and there is no George Zimmerman licensed for security work anywhere in Florida. (FYI, the laws changed recently, and it is now required that anyone performing security patrol functions be licensed with a class "D", even if it's not under a contract.) Further, to have a "G" for the gun, you have to first have a "D". I'm not saying he was security, but if he was, he was in breech of FSS.

If he was in some sort of uniform, then he is guilty of performing security functions without a license, unlawful carrying of a firearm, and quite probably police impersonation.

At the end of it all, George Zimmerman failed to follow directions. He acted on his own, and because he failed to follow directions, Trayvon Martin was killed. George Zimmerman shot and killed Trayvon Martin. The 911 recordings indicate that GZ was running after him, and dispatch told him to back down. We have to look at the fact that GZ had no legally justifiable grounds. He is not a LEO. He is not security. He did not intervene in a forcible felony.

George Zimmerman should at the very least be charged with manslaughter. If there is not enough evidence, then SPD should have the Chief, accompanied by the Chief Prosecutor, stand up and say why there isn't enough evidence. The pressure is mounting very heavily, but they have not been able to (or simply refuse to) say why there isn't enough.

What I can definitively say is that in Dade County, GZ would have been locked up immediately after the 911 recording was listened to.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    "Zimmerman took it upon himself to act, with no legal right to do so. He physically assaulted and battered Trayvon."

Your first sentence in this quote is correct. All he should've done is "Watch" as his title says (community watch). However, if the kid runs and he keeps his distance to avoid a confrontation he is within his legal right. As far as to how the confrontation started, none of us will ever know the entire story because none of us were there which brings me to your second sentence. How exactly do you know he assaulted and battered this kid? The only time I've seen this on the news is when they were filming someone that (again) wasn't there.

Not trying to be confrontational at all brother, just making a point. I'd like to know what type of vehicle this Zimmerman guy was driving (marked/unmarked/personal vehicle), if he was in some type of uniform, and if his community allowed or wanted him to carry a pistol. Actually, we don't even know if this guy was a volunteer homeowner in this community or for the City or County. If I were 17, and some guy was following me, and then tried stopping me with nothing indicating law enforcement or some type of security, I'd probably run too.
    Zimmerman was in his POV (red SUV) and was wearing civilian clothes (a red shirt). Neighborhood Watch manuals advise their members to wear bright clothes. Neighborhood Watch manuals also prohibit carrying firearms while performing Watch duties, CWP or not. They also prohibit following or confronting suspects (The manuals repeat this many, many times, emphasizing "Watch" in the organizations name.)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast