FOP or PBA - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FOP or PBA

Re: FOP or PBA

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    I am a retiree and on a limited budget. If I can't afford to pay for my health insurance because of this dumbass move I will sue the persons responsible for this individually. Mark my word so help me God I will.
    Good luck you dumbass! Remember you are in a budget. How are you going to retain a lawyer and what is the grounds for your baseless suit. Shut your goddamn mouth or we will take your COLA away.
    You will be in his shoes one day and I hope you get treated the same way. It's attitudes like yours that are sinking this place. This is supposed to be a brotherhood. In a way I hope the PBA does take over. When you are crying over the loss of the one percent, paying three times as much for health insurance with reduced benifits, and loss of the FIPO pension and getting moved into that crappy FRS with more years added before you can retire I will be standing behind you laughing at your sorry ass and saying I TOLD YOU SO :snicker:
    But then it will be too late to put things back the way they were. The city will be laughing at you also because they well now be getting the 1% money and laughing all they to the bank or to the next stadium they will build. BECARFULL WHAT YOU WISH FOR YOU JUST MIGHT GET IT. I will be the one standing behind you laughing my ass off at what a dumbass you are. :snicker: :snicker: :snicker: :snicker:

The PBA does not want to take away your benefits stop spreading lies. You will have control over your union in the PBA by having real elections not absentee scams. You will have a say in what happens with the union and the PBA board will have representation VOTED IN BY YOU. For every certain amount of officers in a department you will be represented on the PBA board. Next to the county, we are the second largest department which means you will have several board seats.

Dont listen to gossip and people who want to keep there meal ticket attend a PBA meeting and ask questions

Miami is a major police dept, If you're going to go ditch the FOP to be represented by the PBA why not have your own independent chapter, your own president, board etc. Why allow us to play second fiddle to Dade County and their interests with our own influence diluted by their people and their agendas. Dade PBA's history is pretty clear along these lines....M-DPD union business gets top priority with them, joining them in their union just doesn't seem like a smart move.

One thing is for sure. The attorney has said that the health trust would be dissolved and we would have to return to the pice of crap city insurance and pay more for less. It is a fact that the PBA has never defended the 1% fund in Tallahassee. The city has been trying for years to get those monies. So again I ask why would we give up those benefits to become second fiddle in an organization that does not give a damn about us only because they don't like Armando. So we will all lose hard fought for benifets to gain what I still don't see it. We lose a bunch of stuff to join a outside group that will have control over us. What is the Bennefit there. From the questions I have asked at the other departments that they represent all of the decision bennifit the county all the other departments are lucky to get a bone. I have also found that a large group have left and started their own FOP lodges and are doing much better. So again I want to know what is the Bennefit to me to lose so much for what a pipe dream. This is the most illogical thing I have ever heard my whole life. Give up everything and get nothing in return. This sounds like a plan from the mayors office, they are the only ones stupid enough to make this up.

The PBA does not want to take away your benefits stop spreading lies.

You will have control over your union in the PBA by having real elections not absentee scams. You will have a say in what happens with the union and the PBA board will have representation VOTED IN BY YOU.

For every certain amount of officers in a department you will be represented on the PBA board. Next to the county, we are the second largest department which means you will have several board seats.

We will still be second class citizens in a county run shop. So again I ask why have an outside group dictate terms to us. This is bullshit.

Dont listen to gossip and people who want to keep there meal ticket attend a PBA meeting and ask questions

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12