Transporter and dealer tags? - Page 6
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Re: Transporter and dealer tags?

Firstly, I'll apologize for offending you regarding my statement about interpretation. Bear in mind that "You" can be used in the English language to identify a group, as well as an individual. In context, the "you would have to be mildly retarded..." was intended to outline the obvious deduction a reasonable individual would make. Not specifically you the individual. So, although yes, it was an abrasive comment, in context it was akin to a "come on, anyone should be able to obviously deduce that", vs. a personal attack.

To address your question: "So what you are stating is a dealer can come to my house, remove my tag, put his dealer tag on my vehicle to test drive it? And then if he wrecks the car, whose insurance pays for that one, the dealers garage liability?"

The initial distinction you have to make is that a
    garage policy, and dealer plate insurance are two completely separate coverages. The garage policy has nothing to do with a vehicle in motion off the property. Dealer plate insurance specifically covers the vehicle that the plate is attached to. So yes, if a dealer puts his tag on your car and operates it, it is covered by the dealer tag policy.

Again, stressing that the dealer plate insurance covers the vehicle it is attached to.

Congrats on having a DMV supervisor friend. I have a traffic attorney friend, who had clerked and assisted in drafting several pieces of legislation....whom I happen to sleep next to every night.

I am also adept at interpreting statutes due to my undergrad degree in pre-law, and 1.5 yrs of law school myself once upon a time. Not that either is requisite for being able to read, and applying some critical thinking skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Long story short....

Find a legit reason to stop them.

Find out the turd is using the vehicle and tag for non transport reason.

Cite them for attaching tag not assigned, unregistered vehicle, and the reason why you stopped them.

If they're an uber-tard, take the tag and tow the vehicle.

Let them take a day off of work from being a hippie-liberal and prove in court otherwise. If they win, you get COPP and life goes on. If you win then you get satisfaction and COPP.

Life goes on. Odoyle rules.

I'll go with it.

Listen to this guy! Cops are dumb****s, they exploit and not serve and protect. Simple, thats why I have no sympathy when I watch the news and the headline is cop being shot or cop is dead. Pff who cares, minus one asshole.

The first red flag would be a dealer tag permanently affixed to the vehicle.
    If the tag provides 4 holes in it DUH! it can be attached, specially if the car will be on the highway in route to Disneyland, so what? the car is insured, the driver also, the vehicle is theirs, why would you ILLEGALLY stop such a vehicle? ANSWEAR you're likely to be sexually frustrated, thats why.

LOL...bunch of loser meter maids...4 pages of crap trying to figure out how to harass lawful business owners.

It seems that not one loser trooper read poster "20yrattorney" try to explain the law.

Here's a suggestion, you loser troopers....go bust some real criminals for a change.
    Not harass a tax paying business owner for a stupid tag.

Losers!

A letter from the FL DHSMV to Troopers settling this issue once and for all:

http://www.flada.org/wp-content/uplo...d_Sept2010.pdf

A letter from the FL DHSMV to Troopers settling this issue once and for all:

http://www.flada.org/wp-content/uplo...d_Sept2010.pdf
    That pretty much clears that up so quit harassing cars with dealer tags.

Unregistered

dealer plates

I am a dealer and I have a question what about cops that abuse the tax payer money such as myself by driving there cars to and from work and other places that have nothing to do with work just because they can I mean it's your job so I guess no one can say anything but my money go into that and everyone else that pay taxes so why bet yourself up about guys like myself that have a dealer,plate that have the ability to do what I do which is sale cars period that's what the tag is for.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I am a dealer and I have a question what about cops that abuse the tax payer money such as myself by driving there cars to and from work and other places that have nothing to do with work just because they can I mean it's your job so I guess no one can say anything but my money go into that and everyone else that pay taxes so why bet yourself up about guys like myself that have a dealer,plate that have the ability to do what I do which is sale cars period that's what the tag is for.
    Shut up dumb s*%!, we pay taxes too!!

Unregistered
    320.131 Temporary tags.—
    (1) The department is authorized and empowered to design, issue, and regulate the use of temporary tags to be designated “temporary tags” for use in the following cases:
    (a) Where a dealer license plate may not be lawfully used.

But you still might lose this, cause it does not specify "for personal use". It's a loophole in Florida law. No statute specifies "Dealer tag for personal use".

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

IV. PROPER USE OF LICENSE PLATES:
    A. DEALER:
    Dealer license plates are assigned to a specific dealer, not a specific vehicle. Therefore, dealer license plates may be displayed on any vehicle in keeping with the following information.
    1. Dealer Plates MAY ONLY be displayed on vehicles:
    a. operated in connection with a dealer's business.
    b. while being used for demonstration purposes, with or without a dealer representative in the vehicle.
    c. in transit to or from a dealer's place of business.
    d. temporarily loaned (without compensation) by a dealer to a customer while the customer's vehicle is being repaired by the dealer.
    e. such as service trucks in the dealer's inventory when responding to calls where compensation is not a consideration. These vehicles cannot transport other vehicles including trailers.
    f. owned by the dealer while in inventory and for sale.
    g. including trailers for the sole purpose of demonstrating them for sale.
    h. being transported to an auction and demonstrated in the auction area.

So, what this means Mr/Mrs Dealer, I see you out driving your inventory car that's for sale anywhere other than what you are allowed, "like your kids activities or even dinner at 10pm". I will find one of many mistakes that you do while driving, stop you, and write you for an unregistered vehicle. I will do this because you guys think you can do whatever you want with those tags. You DEALERS are held to the same standards as every other citizen. Buy a vehicle register it and put insurance on it. Inventory vehicles should not be driven 4,000 to 5,000 miles at your leisure turn in for another and still sell your turn in car as BRAND NEW. Believe it you DEALERS or in violation of a dealer plate about 90% of the time when you are 15 or more miles from your so called dealership. So, watch out because I'm looking for violators!

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast