Hiring

Thread: Hiring

Hiring

Are you guys currently hiring? If so what is the process and how long does it take?

Re: Hiring

dadecitypolice.com

Gives you links and information on how to apply. Not currently hiring but always taking "quality" applications.

Your better off filling out an application with ZPD. Same headaches, more money.

Any they actually are hiring.

Post Re: Hiring

Yes,do not apply at Dade City go work somewhere else you will be happy and better off.

Quote Originally Posted by Bdog
    Your better off filling out an application with ZPD. Same headaches, more money.

Any they actually are hiring.

I understand your agency is not hiring for full time at this time but was wondering about your Reserve Unit. Are the actively recruiting? Is it an active unit? I have had my application for some time and have never heard anything from e-mail or phone messages left.

Contact administrative sergeant walters mon-fri 8-5. He is the one that runs the reserve program. Whether they hire you or not depends on what you are willing to do. Reserve at DC do not get paid (obviously). If you plan on working at DC you will have to go through the FTO program which is the standard 14 weeks (with 1 or 2 weeks of orientation). You will have to work the FTO's schedule and will not be compensated for any of your time so it will be pretty difficult.

A position may come up within this fiscal year, but you shouldn't wait on it. Application is good for 1 year, depending on how long ago you filled it out, you may want to reapply or contact walters and find out the status of your application. He is a very busy person, so don't get frustrated if you dont hear anything for a little while.

Depending on how long ago you finished the academy, you may wanna start throwing applications out at other agency's as well. You lose your ticket 4 years from the day you start the academy.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    I understand your agency is not hiring for full time at this time but was wondering about your Reserve Unit. Are the actively recruiting? Is it an active unit? I have had my application for some time and have never heard anything from e-mail or phone messages left.
    The Reserve Unit is for friends of the administration, they don't do anything they are just on a list so their ticket can be held. If you haven't heard back it probably means you're white. The city has A void to fill since the last black officer was allowed to resin or face being fired

As Chief Velboom likes to say behind closed doors, "if they (applicants) don't have tits or color, they're not getting hired". Just doing his part championing everyone who's not a white male, regardless of how unqualified they might be.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowman
    As Chief Velboom likes to say behind closed doors, "if they (applicants) don't have tits or color, they're not getting hired". Just doing his part championing everyone who's not a white male, regardless of how unqualified they might be.
    I fully recant this statement. No part of it should be considered anything other than fictitious and should be taken without mal intent.

Shadowman.

Unregistered

Huh?

But that is a true statement shadowman..... Why are you recanting?