Facial Hair policy - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Facial Hair policy

Looks like the one from Miami

He will cry when he sees his photo on here!

:devil:

Diamond D,

Could you please elaborate on the leather hat you are wearing in your photo? In my district, this is the one uniform item that seems to be generating the most fanfare (well, maybe a close second behind the suspenders). Troops wanna know if the leather hat will be strictly reserved for the brass or available to all road troopers as well? Also, could you elaborate on the new policy in how it relates to optional "accessories?". I see you are wearing one earring in your photo. For instance, can male troopers carry a small "man purse" while in uniform into an eating establishment while on duty?

Thanks for being so in touch with your personnel!

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Mercurio
    If you work at Sarasota County S/O and show up to work with facial hair, I, being Specialty Lieutenant of Internal Affairs will see to it that you are suspended, demoted, wrongfully terminated, whatever the case. It is unprofessional, makes all of us look bad and I personally do not like it. I doubt FHP would allow you all to grow facial hair being the Highway Patrol. We have strict policies and those that violate will pay dearly!

Stand back everyone! IA guy with a hard on coming through!

Obviously someone who has no idea. Mike Mercurio is an IA Investigator. A Lieutenant at that. The SSO has no Specialty Lieutenants dumb arse. By Statute Lieutenants and above are appointed by the Sheriff and are not traditionally required to test unless the Sheriff of that county dictates it be so. Sergeant and below are career service. For a Sheriff's Office to have a Gotee I think it is fine in certain divisions detectives,agriculture,School resource,marine not Traffic and Patrol. The Northern Florida Sheriffs allow their deputies to do it if they contribute 15.00 a month to the United Way charity. Kinda of a cool morale thing.

I read an article that does have merit on presence of the uniform.http://www.policechiefmagazine.org/m...ssue_id=112003

A great article I thought. While I wish our uniforms were all embroidered and the standard shiny shoes and brass were for court. Their is still something to be said for command presence looking sharp, high and tight.

Given the history of the Patrol and our current Sheriff. I do not forsee that policy enacting anytime in the near future

I just LOVE your hair and odors, K.
    I like what you did the other night after the ****tails too!

Anyway, we have been working on a new age grooming standard
    for the hip new FHP. You will be getting emails shortly, and keep
    up the good work with the seat belt tickets!

Your homie, Dave

D is one ugly mother. This make-over is an improvement for sure.

If you work at Sarasota County S/O and show up to work with facial hair, I, being Specialty Lieutenant of Internal Affairs will see to it that you are suspended, demoted, wrongfully terminated, whatever the case. It is unprofessional, makes all of us look bad and I personally do not like it. I doubt FHP would allow you all to grow facial hair being the Highway Patrol. We have strict policies and those that violate will pay dearly!

Good luck to you all and be safe.

Dude you are an A$$ hole. Get a life super I.a. Guy. Looser

Question Re: Facial Hair policy

Stand back everyone! IA guy with a hard on coming through!

Obviously someone who has no idea. Mike Mercurio is an IA Investigator. A Lieutenant at that. The SSO has no Specialty Lieutenants dumb arse. By Statute Lieutenants and above are appointed by the Sheriff and are not traditionally required to test unless the Sheriff of that county dictates it be so. Sergeant and below are career service. For a Sheriff's Office to have a Gotee I think it is fine in certain divisions detectives,agriculture,School resource,marine not Traffic and Patrol. The Northern Florida Sheriffs allow their deputies to do it if they contribute 15.00 a month to the United Way charity. Kinda of a cool morale thing.

I read an article that does have merit on presence of the uniform.http://www.policechiefmagazine.org/m...ssue_id=112003

A great article I thought. While I wish our uniforms were all embroidered and the standard shiny shoes and brass were for court. Their is still something to be said for command presence looking sharp, high and tight.

Given the history of the Patrol and our current Sheriff. I do not forsee that policy enacting anytime in the near future

SSO DOES have Specialty Lieutenant and that is Mike Mercurio, the poster. He is the only Specialty LT in the whole agency - never passed a written Sergeant or LT's test and was promoted thru I/A under the old Sheriff to that Specialty position. If he leaves, transfers, is kicked out, then he loses his "SPECIALTY" status. There are a couple of Sergeant's that are also of the "SPECIALTY" rank. Two of them are in internal affairs. There use to be more that were "SPECIALTY" under the old Sheriff (Balkwill) but Sheriff Knight has eliminated several of those positions.

Word has it Mercurio will be "SPECIALTY" Captain. Now, that would be appointed by the Sheriff BUT when you consider Mercurio NEVER earned rank by the proper method, it is still technically a "SPECIALTY" position.

Who cares take your cry baby crap to another site. You are rambling and we dont care. Doesnt SSO have a site or did they boot you? The agency cant be too bad half the FHP is working there. Maybe you should leave so one of us can have your position and make your salary.

Well if the poster is who he claims to be, then the employees of SSO's IA division must have a lot of time to sit around wiTh their thumbs up their arses. Especially if a lieutenant has the time to sit around reading an agency's board that ISN'T EVEN HIS!

Well if the poster is who he claims to be, then the employees of SSO's IA division must have a lot of time to sit around wiTh their thumbs up their arses. Especially if a lieutenant has the time to sit around reading an agency's board that ISN'T EVEN HIS!

Dont hate us cuz you aint us.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast