Facial Hair policy - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Question Re: Facial Hair policy

If you work at Sarasota County S/O and show up to work with facial hair, I, being Specialty Lieutenant of Internal Affairs will see to it that you are suspended, demoted, wrongfully terminated, whatever the case. It is unprofessional, makes all of us look bad and I personally do not like it. I doubt FHP would allow you all to grow facial hair being the Highway Patrol. We have strict policies and those that violate will pay dearly!

Good luck to you all and be safe.

Re: Facial Hair policy

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Mercurio
    If you work at Sarasota County S/O and show up to work with facial hair, I, being Specialty Lieutenant of Internal Affairs will see to it that you are suspended, demoted, wrongfully terminated, whatever the case. It is unprofessional, makes all of us look bad and I personally do not like it. I doubt FHP would allow you all to grow facial hair being the Highway Patrol. We have strict policies and those that violate will pay dearly!

Stand back everyone! IA guy with a hard on coming through!

Quote Originally Posted by Guest

This is not the Navy. There are studies that concluded that the public perceptions of Police officers with facial hair (beards & Goatee) are not to be taken serious and it’s not professional.
    Hey Yoohoo,
    The world's greatest Navy has not had beards or goatees since 1985!
    AWC (AW) Turlington

^^^ Looks boss! I like it. 8)

I don't see why FHP does not allow you guys to have facial hair. FHP is already the joke of law enforcement in this State anyway. Plus most of you are 30+ pounds overweight and your uniforms look like wet paper bags hanging on you anyway, so I say complete the look and go with the beard!

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Mercurio

Stand back everyone! IA guy with a hard on coming through!

No, just trying to make law enforcement more "presentable".

I just LOVE your hair and odors, K.
    I like what you did the other night after the ****tails too!

Anyway, we have been working on a new age grooming standard
    for the hip new FHP. You will be getting emails shortly, and keep
    up the good work with the seat belt tickets!

Your homie, Dave

LOL I'm dying here! Excellent (albeit crude) photoshop job.

Just saw a flood of emails, Kelly screened out the ones I didn't have time for,
    but there are a few things I must clear up.

Bob, from Troop E: Yes, you will be authorized to wear crocs or flip-flops, but not until April 15the when phase A of the new uniform and grooming standards commences.

Thomas also from Troop E: The question about Warcraft is a good one. As you know, our dictator and financial genius governor Prick Scott is open to innovative financial solutions for the state's budget issues. We are currently looking into the possibility of having troopers and duty officers farm for gold on World of Warcraft or post product reviews for 15 cents each when there is down time during a shift.

Brenda from GHQ: No, I don't have your cell phone in my car. It must be at McDonalds

Jose from Troop D: tattoos will be fine, as always, but the state will not pay you extra
    for the ones you got in prison.

Mark from F Troop: You may install 24" spinners on your Charger after April 15th, but you will have to pay for them yourself and take them off when the car is retired and put the stock wheels back on. WORD!!!!

Julie from C Troop: You asked if you can tie your uniform shirt in the front like Maryanne from Gilligan's Island and cut you uniform pants into "Daisy Dukes". We tried this for a while in Tallahassee and it didn't work out well. Let me just say.....some people just don't have the physique for that, we had 60 people vomiting one morning and that's when then Col Knight had to put his foot down. Other than that, I wouldn't have a problem with it but you know, if one person is allowed to dress like that then you have to let them all do it.

Thanks for the questions, keep them coming. And watch for the emails in the coming weeks, we will clarify this all so everyone will be on the same page.

Peace!

Your hip leader, Diamond Dave

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast