Facial Hair policy - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Unregistered
    I think a long ratty beard would look good with that huge gut. Maybe a long rat tail too. Perhaps they will let us wear Hawaiian shirts

Unregistered
    In the era of equal rights for everyone, male and female hair styles should be under the same regulations. If a Male wants to have a man bun it should be approved as as long as he is in regulation as the female hair style policy. There should only be 1 policy for hair styles. Just sayin.

Unregistered
    The same goes for earrings. I’m a male and I should be able to wear my earrings along with my man bun.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    The same goes for earrings. I’m a male and I should be able to wear my earrings along with my man bun.
    If that's what you're into, I won't discriminate.

Unregistered
    Pro tip: If you provide a doctors note or state your beard is for religious purposes, they can not prevent you from having one. There is eeoc case law on your side. You’re welcome.

Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by ;1713399
    I don't see why FHP does not allow you guys to have facial hair. FHP is already the joke of law enforcement in this State anyway. Plus most of you are 30+ pounds overweight and your uniforms look like wet paper bags hanging on you anyway, so I say complete the look and go with the beard!
    It's better to let people think you are an idiot than to open your mouth and prove them right.

Unregistered
    Sorry coming from the agency with the second highest turnover rate in Florida. The average age of a Florida 21-27. Just for Men" is not needed trust me. The old regime of the FHP is finally retiring out but unfortunately the State of Florida still and will always look at the FHP as second hand of the DHSMV. Maybe if the FHP finally went under FDLE and just covered State Roads the pay might actually increase. Beard and Goatees are coming as with Ball caps. The military has changed its policies and the FHP will be forced to conform or be reduced to CVE enforcement and the Sheriffs will handle the rest absorbing part of the budget as well. Just my .02

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by ;1713201
    This is not the Navy. There are studies that concluded that the public perceptions of Police officers with facial hair (beards & Goatee) are not to be taken serious and it’s not professional.
    I myself like goatees and I let it grow on my RDO's, and A/L. But not in uniform. I respect your view, but the image of a Highway Patrol/State Police has always been one of military bearing, clean cut...
    Let’s be careful not to slide down that slippery slope, next it will be men asking to wear ear rings,

“Oh, this will improve morale”.

Next can Male trooper also want pony tails?

“Well, you let women wear pony tails”

This will not improve morale, we have seen over and over gain of all the toys we received and morale has not improved such as;

Taser
    Off Duty 32 Hrs a week (used to be only 24 hrs a week)
    AR-15
    Tinted windows
    Lenient pursuit policy
    You can now wear any boot you chose instead of just the Rocky’s
    Glocks
    Chargers
    Campaign Hat instead or the old stenson hat

What else did I miss?

There are only two things that will improve morale
    1. $$$
    2. More Troopers on the road.
    Just my 2 cents.
    You guys were not allowed to have tinted windows..on the rmp or pov

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by ;1713370
    If you work at Sarasota County S/O and show up to work with facial hair, I, being Specialty Lieutenant of Internal Affairs will see to it that you are suspended, demoted, wrongfully terminated, whatever the case. It is unprofessional, makes all of us look bad and I personally do not like it. I doubt FHP would allow you all to grow facial hair being the Highway Patrol. We have strict policies and those that violate will pay dearly!

Good luck to you all and be safe.
    Your there to enforce policy not personal feelings ..

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Your there to enforce policy not personal feelings ..

Wrong thread . Sarasota SO is not one here. Take your whining elsewhere you have it made besides you make a WHOLE LOT more than us. You have no idea about politics until you work for the good boys in with their black and Tans and we are a dwindling breed.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast