Field Contacts Suspended - Page 2
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Re: Field Contacts Suspended

Everyone turn in a travel log iterary and have it denied.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    My Partner is a sex offender officer and I am not. I am allowed to go in the field with him but not see my cases. I will chose to go with her because we are a team. Idiots.
    No you are not if you are off the clock which you should be if they aren't your people. That would be a liability issue for the department. What office gave you permission to do that ?

Where are the Teamsters ?

This just goes to show you that the Department does not care about public safety and would rather put the community at risk just to save a few dollars. In a few months offenders will start catching on that officers will not be coming their house anymore. They will have so much drugs, guns, and other stuff in the house because they know that no one with a badge will be coming by to check on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagger6
    This just goes to show you that the Department does not care about public safety and would rather put the community at risk just to save a few dollars. In a few months offenders will start catching on that officers will not be coming their house anymore. They will have so much drugs, guns, and other stuff in the house because they know that no one with a badge will be coming by to check on them.
    Like the salvation army cases don't have all this stuff now ? Its Re-entry get those numbers down and show rehabilitation is up and save some travel costs why you are at it. :wink:

I am a pba person and I want to know if Phil had anything to do with this change? Since I am a poor loser, I need to know if I am more of a loser than I thought. :cry:

If you are teamster call them If you are PBA call them and lets see what they say. I will Post my reply tomrrow.

This really doesn't need to be a PBA v.s. teamsters argument. This is about so much more....we are being told once again not to do our jobs!

Re. CC cases: More contacts used to be a means of keeping cases on their toes. You used to never know when the CC man/woman was stopping by. You cut the contacts, you increase the risk of violations. You all know that offenders play the odds, and most are risk takers by nature. So violations will go up, because when they start to run the roads, hit the bars, etc. trouble will follow. Then VOP's go up, then prison admissions go up, then the DOC budget is in worse shape. Real logical, not short sighted at all....

We used to use every trick in the book to keep CC cases at home, and our violation rate was fairly low in my area. Increased supervision for caseloads that need it is one of the things that makes re-entry work. They shoved re-entry down our throats and some of us actually began to see that the idea (if not the implementation) had merit. So now they are taking away the tools we need to make it work. Nice. I can't effectively supervise anyone when I don't have the freedom to get my ass out from behind my desk at a moment's notice and do what needs to be done - whether that means arresting someone or dealing with a freakout so they don't violate.

I agree this does not have to be about union vs union but would like to see each one response to this.
    I do say it flies in the face of re entry for those who tried to do it . I think that it is time to get creative with a phone and see how we can do this job.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast