Corrections
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Corrections

Corrections

Applied for the Detention Deputy today.

I currently have 4 years with Florida Department of Corrections. I am a 3rd year College Student.. I have one Unfavorable work history mis-hap..In the year of 2009 I was given a 5 day suspension for "Leaving assigned work station" in their words. Anyone working for D.O.C knows how the agency is with wanting to fill officer's file up with non-sense so they can be stuck there and can't go to a better agency.

Does this department tend to hire applicants that have completed their College Education or favor applicants with Work Experience?

Anyone knows how long this process take?

I spoke to a couple of people in the Human Resources Department today..a woman named Melissa and Tari? They seemed pretty imformative and answered all my questions.

Thanks.

Re: Corrections

No one have any information regarding this topic?

Its hard to say if you will be ok or not, there are so many applicants.

Not sure you are coming to a better agency at all! They do the same BS to you here. Watch your back son.

It takes about 6 months. As for a disciplinary record: Its case by case. Give it a try. I worked for state corrections and the jail andd the difference is night and day! There are issues that both places have but it is a better class of coworkers by far. Give it a shot and see what happens. good luck.

thanks for the reply guy's. I've been in corrections around 4 years now..so I think I know the Do's and Dont's so far...I'm just trying to get away from the state employment..especially at times like this with the Govenor.

My psyc is scheduled Tuesday 4/18/12 and from my understanding, when you complet this part your basically hired. Immediately after the interview they schedule you for your uniforms is what I keep hearing..any one know or has been through the process that way?

Quote Originally Posted by 561newkid
    My psyc is scheduled Tuesday 4/18/12 and from my understanding, when you complet this part your basically hired. Immediately after the interview they schedule you for your uniforms is what I keep hearing..any one know or has been through the process that way?

If you already did your poly and medical then the psyc should be it, Maybe a week or two after your final exam.

Don't do it. We have no union for corrections. Give it a little more time for us to vote in some protection for ourselves.

The way the economy is...just because a job doesnt have a union should be even considered an option for accepting a job offer....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast