Professional Courtesy

Professional Courtesy

To all officers of the Georgia State Patrol: If each and everyone of you believe that you should extend "Professional Courtesy" to both active and retired police officers and their families, I want to remind you that "PC" does not exist in Florida. These "90 day wonders" have no respect for the law enforcement fraternity. If you ever run into a Florida LEO up your way, please do not cut any of them any slack because they won't for you!

Re: Professional Courtesy

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Courtesy
    To all officers of the Georgia State Patrol: If each and everyone of you believe that you should extend "Professional Courtesy" to both active and retired police officers and their families, I want to remind you that "PC" does not exist in Florida. These "90 day wonders" have no respect for the law enforcement fraternity. If you ever run into a Florida LEO up your way, please do not cut any of them any slack because they won't for you!
    who wrote you? city county of FHP

I am FHP. I have never written an officer off duty before. I also use to be a Deputy in Georgia and a Police officer in N.C.

So please don't try to lump every officer in Florida into your story.

Professional Courtesy is alive and well in Florida.

The original poster is full of goose poop. There's the greatest likelihood you're going to get a break (especially since you're a trooper), just like I did when I got stopped in GA and just like I have returned the favor on more than on occasion. The original poster is either a troll or got one they had coming to them. Sour grapes.

Unregistered

Henry County PD GA

I am a South Florida Leo and would say the same of Georgia Officers. Sonrían I was just recently stroked a citation by one of them. It's not a brotherhood anymore.

Unregistered
    I agree that Professional Courtesy is going downhill fast. I guess it's the new breed of LEO's that are taught different. Most older Leo's know when to back off any give a warning and let it go with that. They still did their job and no one gets pissed off.

These days Leo's have more to worry about then writing citations. This should be last on your list of things to do. Give the brothers a break as I am sure you do on occasion to everyone else.

Remember when your getting your ass kicked on the side of the road, it might be that out of state officer passing by that saves you. The problem is these young guys haven't had their to fight anyone yet, and don't know that.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I agree that Professional Courtesy is going downhill fast. I guess it's the new breed of LEO's that are taught different. Most older Leo's know when to back off any give a warning and let it go with that. They still did their job and no one gets pissed off.

These days Leo's have more to worry about then writing citations. This should be last on your list of things to do. Give the brothers a break as I am sure you do on occasion to everyone else.

Remember when your getting your ass kicked on the side of the road, it might be that out of state officer passing by that saves you. The problem is these young guys haven't had their to fight anyone yet, and don't know that.
    Great post.. agree with you 100%.. some LEOS now don't just get it.. so go ahead and chew my ass.. In all my years I have never written a LEO a ticket or really family member.. but I had no problem arresting crooked LEOS when assigned to IA for a special detail! By the way.. I gave many... yes many breaks to all civilians..who did not have an attitude.. but now they teach to write all no matter what attitude..

Unregistered
    Deputy Strickland of tifton county has no respect for the brotherhood. And he knows the tickets are really expensive. 700$ in georgia where florida would be only 250$