Cameron's Speech

Cameron's Speech

So at the forum on Wednesday BC shows up in uniform to give a political speech. He starts out by saying that Gov Jeb Bush has endorsed him again. He then proceeds to tell the audience that the agency is smooth running and has no problems. That this is verified by the 100% inspection during accreditation. Morale is high and everything is perfect.

I must ask REALLY? Is this really true?

Re: Cameron's Speech

Jim,
    May I make a suggestion. Yes, I know it is off topic, but I think I should address it with you. Become a member and register your name here. If someone should register it, you will not be able to use it. This way it will be protected and for your use and we the mods wont have to get involved in protecting it later for you. Also you can receive PM's.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Melo
    So at the forum on Wednesday BC shows up in uniform to give a political speech. He starts out by saying that Gov Jeb Bush has endorsed him again. He then proceeds to tell the audience that the agency is smooth running and has no problems. That this is verified by the 100% inspection during accreditation. Morale is high and everything is perfect.

I must ask REALLY? Is this really true?

I do not have any idea if Jeb Bush endorsed him or not. If so, BC has Jeb Bush snowed. All I can account for is how BC and many of his cronies have treated my family. I know how he and many of his cronies have treated the Teehee family. Unlike Terry Lewis who treated our family with respect, concern and empathy, BC (and I believe this is because of the debacle that went on when Denise died) (and this is before Nathan decided to sue) with nothing but deception of the worst kind and disdain. He had even lied about our family during the last election. I will never forgive him. I do not consider my statements as abuse toward a specific individual because it is nothing but fact and would gladly testify to it in court.

If the CCSO admin had just come clean that night, told NPPD about Kowalski's call rather than try to sweep it under the rug, had explained about the missing BOLOs, and had conducted an HONEST internal affairs investigation (I have never read anything so convaluted in my life) maybe things wouldn't have panned out the way they have. If they would have said "we screwed up, we're going to fix the problem" ..... No, Denise would not have been saved but at least we could still have faith in our sheriff.

The CCSO is chock full of public servants behaving badly and trying to protect each other's backs. It needs a major cleaning out and I suggest you all find 1 candidate and get together and support him/her.

People keep talking about Denise's case. Please, do not forget the Teehee case. No matter how the CCSO feels about the Teehee's and no matter what the CCSO thinks of Alex Teehee and why he died, that family still deserves decent, humane treatment. Our family deserves decent, humane treatment. We have every reason in the world to be angry. If victim's families are going to continue to be treated the way they are by this sheriff, he does not deserve to serve this community.

Jeb Bush does not live in Charlotte County and has no idea what goes on in the CCSO so if he has endorsed BC, take it with a grain of salt.

MNSHO

Peggy,
    You are correct in what you state. We spoke before on this subject and are in total agreeance. I assure you that I will do everything I possibly can to get the truth out and make the citizens of Charlotte County aware of the happenings within the agency past and present.

The moral within the agency in my opinion is at a all time low. This is when people start getting hurt simply because they lose interest. The leadership or should I say lack of leadership has lost control of the ship years ago. It is certainly time for a change. There has been false hope and false promises.

I have posted my support of Ed Pope both publicly and on this forum. He is the reason that I am not running again this year. I believe that he has the ability to turn this agency around and once again make every member proud to be a part of it.

There are great deputies and civilians alike working in the agency so please do not read into what is being said. I tip my hat to these fine people everyday. These people know who they are and should hold their heads high. It is the 10% that make it look bad.

If I have my way and I believe you have seen my posts in the past, I will not allow anyone to forget what happened to Denise. My heart and prayers go to you and your family as I can truly relate, I also lost a daughter tragically in 1994. I will never forget and continue to fight Drunk Drivers in her loving name.

Jim