ITD - A Failed Experiment

ITD - A Failed Experiment

Ok the experiment has failed. Swapping an out of touch long term Director (who hasn't retired yet for 100,000 reasons im sure) (Removed by Mod 167) has failed, miserably. ITD has been a mess for many many years and (Removed by Mod 167) has run its course. Although not entirely his fault, he was forced to rely on the same people to do his job that are root cause of the original disaster (Removed by Mod 167). The incompetence trickles down(Removed by Mod 167). Please stop leaving technical customer service decisions that will have long term impact on all members up to the 20 something just because they (Removed by Mod 167) can Google with the best of them. The attempts at implementing multiple failed customer service management applications was also not the answer. The software is not what failed, it was the people. They are poorly trained and poorly supervised. How much did that poor decision cost taxpayers?

For years now none of the top paid administrators in IT could barely speak to each other the unprofessionalism was rampant, this philosophy has trickled down to their respective employees. It seemed for some time that this was the new Directors first big task, to get everyone to play nice. It failed and (Removed by Mod 167) they still all hate each other, it is absolutely counterproductive and it shows in all aspects of their operation. Walking into a meeting or office space with folks from different sections of ITD I can tell immediately which members do not like each other, it's sad.

I am willing to bet that we have more untrained, uncertified IT personnel than any other government agency in south Florida. Relying solely on outside professionals to do the vast majority of the technical work and decision making is again, counterproductive and wasting taxpayer dollars. With that said it seems too late to properly train the people we have currently or they have become so disgruntled they have no interest in proper training. Just let the vendors make the tough decisions? Doesn't make any sense and it has failed.

I am not going to go into the many missteps and outright ITD failures that have cost this Agency and its members millions of dollars and thousands of wasted man hours including officer safety dangers due to incompetence. How is NEW WORLD coming along? How much time and money has that cost taxpayers? I hear it's dead now,no?

Relax though I have the answer... PRIVATIZATION ! Start here, (Advertisement removed by Mod 167)It's time to take the guess work out of ITD and have the ability to hold people that fail to do thier job properly, accountable. We all know our members are never held accoutable for thier imcopetance (New World) but with another liable entity to look to, at least its a start. I bet the new private ITD would be more than willing to innovate or at least FULLY test a program before its released to the members, that would be great.

The core cancer of long time ITD administrators that has infected its members new and old, prevented true innovation, and continues to deteriorate any possibility of recovery needs to be removed. We need a fresh start and another round of early retirement, forced maybe?

Fully Cooperating Now Sir...

Senior Member LEO Affairs Sergeant

Re: ITD - A Failed Experiment

This is not a slam site!! I was kind enough to remove all the references you made that could identify specific persons. The portions that were removed are against the ToU unless you are willing to stand behind your accusations and name calling to post your identity. If you wish to remain anonymous then you will have to follow the rules. Any future posts not within the ToU will be completely deleted.

Its not hard to bring up a subject matter that you feel needs discussing as long as you remain professional and the text is constructive and informative. This will also lend more credibility to your statements and maybe you will not come off sounding like a disgruntled employee or a paid employee of the link you referenced.

Good luck,

Mod 167

Let's not forget about the radio rebanding? What the hell did that do...radio's still stink.

:snicker:

I love it when my NEW computer gets stuck on the darkest screen setting. I have to wait till it gets dark to see my screen. Then the only solution is to install new drivers at MDU. This means I have to come in on my day off AGAIN or go in 2 hours early because they close an hour before my shift starts. I think the folks at MDU do a good job of patching holes but someone needs to figure out what the hell is causing these problems in the first place. I dread getting new updates because I know something else will f up, be it intranet, PMDC, DORS or just the controls to adjust the brightness. They have these new computers so secure on our end I can’t even change that stupid flower icon when I log in or change the wallpaper. The shop spent who knows how much on putting brand new printers in all the loaner cars. Guess what… the computer won’t let you install the printer so it’s completely useless!!! You can’t even make a decent cup holder out of it. Uggggggggh!!! Remember the good old days when the admin password was staring you in the face, just backwards

You know that brings up an interesting idea. How the shop and MDU stay open til at least six and for a few hours on Saturday for the majority of patrol that works at night and weekends. I mean come on, almost half of patrol goes to work at six. The shop tried it for a while on Weds. Well we don't have fat Wednesday anymore Sean. Haven't for a long time. Even though I do once every two weeks, it doesn't help me tonight when I have a headlight out. How about having someone come in early so I can get something minor fixed when I get off. This works for both MDU and the Shop.
    Oh by the way, can I get one of the laptops that are as big as a briefcase with a screen the size of my iphone. I like the little red lights. I like the big printer. But since the paper ran out I haven't used it. Can't get the paper back in without taking my car apart.

I find it interesting that the original post complains about the excessive use of outside people to manage IT, yet proposes privatizing the IT office. You don't like the use of outsiders so you propose using outsiders to fix the trouble?

:devil: What to expect : Your post was edited by Mod 167. Please post according to the ToU. Thank you, Mod 167

The problem is not limited to IT, it is agency wide. The people with the knowledge and credentials are held back for the yes people. If you haven't figured it out yet they want no competition for their job. The taxpayers on the efficiency committee should take a real good look at what really goes on at the sheriffs office. But they won't the lies will continue.
    A good example is how many corporals have masters degrees versus the brass. Only after they promoted their friends did they change the rules.
    Nuff said.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy Up
    A good example is how many corporals have masters degrees versus the brass. Only after they promoted their friends did they change the rules.
    Nuff said.
    Most of the promotions you speak of came under the Hunter administration. Rambosk is the one who enacted the rule change. Too bad he was or is happy with most of Hunter's administration, otherwise things might be different around here. If you look at other agencies, they all have the same problems with the admin's friends being promoted even though there might be more qualified people out there.