PPPD Gone to Hell?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

PPPD Gone to Hell?

Is it me, or has this agency lost it's way?

For example: Allowing a married couple to both take the promotion exam and to allow a very clear and unjust conflict of interest to stand.

Picking the same 15 favorites for everything, several of whom would absolute deal breakers if they were promoted. IS the Admin blind to the fact that they favor some pretty nasty people?

Corporal is more difficult to obtain than Sergeant? FTO is harder to get than both? DT instructor is the most difficult? Lieutenant is a casual interview that ends up going to the senior Sgt? So, experience and seniority counts only at the top levels? Priorities out of wack?

Someone is okay to continue to be a Corporal but not good enough to be a FTO?

The pursuit mess and I could go on and on.....

For the record, not a hater, just not liking where this ship is sailing!

Re: PPPD Gone to Hell?

Don't like it? THEN QUIT!!!

Gotta leave? Can't voice an opinion like an adult....gotta go?

...... soooo I guess you are no longer welcome at the police department if you don't agree with some of the decisions made at the top..?? That's fair I suppose.

There's an "A" Team and then there's everyone else. If you, YOU, made the choice to socialize with a bunch of slugs and losers and malcontents, then it is YOUR fault YOU are on the outside looking in. Own it!!!

So 90-95% of this agency are slugs and losers? What does that say? There are many GREAT cops here that aren't concerned with kneepadding it.

Who you socialize with shouldn't count, just performance right?

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    There's an "A" Team and then there's everyone else. If you, YOU, made the choice to socialize with a bunch of slugs and losers and malcontents, then it is YOUR fault YOU are on the outside looking in. Own it!!!
    That is a pretty shameful and disgusting comment.....you are a horrible person for saying that and a bully.

Politics at work everywhere. No different here than elsewhere. No I don't like it either, but it's the reality of the world. The solution is change. Change is implemented at the highest level of any organization. Us bottom feeders just have to suck it up because we have no voice in change. Remember, politicians surround themselves with people that hold similar interests. If you don't conform to their philosophy you just have to continue on doing the best you can at whatever job you have here at PPPD. I must say i'm proud and humbled to be working patrol with so many outstanding officers. Several of you are quality officers that don't kiss anyone's back side and you will always have an uphill battle to beat out someone the admin considers "one of them". In the meantime, keep up the great work out there and hold your heads high.

Proud to be out there with you.

Things are the same everywhere.... Change can happen at every level. If you believe it can only start at the top, then you really don't want it enough. If everyone did the right thing like most of us think we do, ex: working a call for the best of the all (complaint, victim,suspect, society, department, etc...) we would not be having this online conversation. Unfortunately, I know that your statements are 90% true. Those that are up above can be detached and at times don't realize there are a lot of competent, dedicated, and willing Officers that go to work every day doing their best to make a difference.
    My challenge to you is live up to the oath that you took when you were sworn in. You might not get that position you tried out for, get the promotion you wanted, or get the recognition you deserve. But deep down those of us, LIKE YOU, appreciate and respect what you have done. At the end of all of this, your own self worth and satisfaction is worth more!
    Positive change can happen from anywhere! It is tough but sometimes that is the best type of change. Stay true and keep the faith, your making a difference no matter how bad the day may seem!
    Yours truly,
    Onethathasbeenbeatendown!

Here we go! Here we go!!!
    The outsiders that can't cut it with the A-Team start blaming it on politics and throwing slings and arrows at the winners because they are jealous.
    Know your place!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast