THE PUBLIC READS THIS

THE PUBLIC READS THIS

Before you post read the title again.

This forum is a direct example of the professionalism that the Charlotte County Sheriff's Office holds. That is the perception of the public eye. I was once told that perception is reality. And if you do not think that is true ask around. The picture painted is the picture seen.

Yes it is great to vent, but some on this forum go far past venting. There is a host of information out there for all of us to learn from each other. This can even be done through debate, which is a great tool. It allows the opportunity for everyone to participate with no recourse for your own opinions and ideas.

Stress has a great impact on our behavior and performance. The stressors within our profession is a daily occurrance. However there is a place and time to vent this stress and this should not be the place.

Some say there is a fine line between acceptable and unacceptable. I say there is not. You know when you have crossed the line and done or said something you should not have done. Studies show that you knew that prior to making the unacceptable decision. The rate is approximately 98% of us knew it was wrong prior to the act.

With that being said, I must ask how all this willful unprofessonalism can be displayed on a constant basis. What kind of message are we sending to the public. We fail to take care of each other and we are expected to take care of them. The hateful things that have been written on this forum are an embarasement to the Law Enforcement Community. We took an oath and have an obligation to fulfill it. Our behavior is a direct influence on the community and their perception of us.

Before someone takes me to task read this again. I referred to (we/us). Sometimes all we need is a little reminder because we are human too. God bless my brothers and sisters in uniform and may he keep you safe out there.

Jim

Re: THE PUBLIC READS THIS

Jim,
    Alot of what is posted here is not by members of the office, but by civilians, so take it for what it is worth.