New Life In Training

New Life In Training

I think its time to breath new life into training. I realize dollars are short but its time to change out some long time people in their and bring in some new life. Nothing against the present staff, they do fine, its just a time to bring in some new guys, or girls, with new ideas. I think we are getting stale, same old same old, red man suit, driving round some cones, blah blah blah super snooze. What do you all think?

Re: New Life In Training

YOU COULD BE RIGHT......THE COMPUTER TRAINING IS GODAWFUL BUT THE HANDS ON STUFF IS GOOD. MAYBE A CHANGE WOULD BE A GOOD IDEA.

Power DMS - A joke. Sends you to LETN, LETN sends you back to DMS. Finally figure out how to do the class/video/test and never get credit for it. Myself and EVERYONE I talk to about this agree it is junk and we will do the high liability (range/taser) only, until a better system is in place.
    Speaking of taser: How about combining it with range day to save a trip out to east bumflock? Or have FF come do it at the districts on a rotating basis and knock it all out?
    The 'new' training system really is bad compared to the votech and pdc days. Need some comraderie and meet some other agency members by going back to the old way.
    It also gives you a day or two away from your regular rigamorol/routine, instead of pretending you are learning something by watching a video and 'taking a test.'

Please someone defend power DMS, I need a good laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by anti pdms
    Power DMS - A joke. Sends you to LETN, LETN sends you back to DMS. Finally figure out how to do the class/video/test and never get credit for it. Myself and EVERYONE I talk to about this agree it is junk and we will do the high liability (range/taser) only, until a better system is in place.
    Speaking of taser: How about combining it with range day to save a trip out to east bumflock? Or have FF come do it at the districts on a rotating basis and knock it all out?
    The 'new' training system really is bad compared to the votech and pdc days. Need some comraderie and meet some other agency members by going back to the old way.
    It also gives you a day or two away from your regular rigamorol/routine, instead of pretending you are learning something by watching a video and 'taking a test.'

Please someone defend power DMS, I need a good laugh.
    power DMS is cool and has a cool sounding name so go screw off pal. :snicker:

Power DMS is a joke I wonder how Vinny would change things?

Quote Originally Posted by kirkCazarus
    Power DMS is a joke I wonder how Vinny would change things?
    By having Power Taxi for Drunks.

Redman? Driving?

Where have you been? We haven't had a class using the Redman gear in this century and we haven't had driving in inservice in at least 5-6 years.

Joo crayzee mang!

Quote Originally Posted by FrtBlossm
    Redman? Driving?

Where have you been? We haven't had a class using the Redman gear in this century and we haven't had driving in inservice in at least 5-6 years.

Joo crayzee mang!
    Do you really need to have that silly driving course we used to have at in service to drive your patrol car properly without crashing? What a joke that was. You want on the job vehicle training try running code through D1 during rush hour traffic. If you can pass that without crashing you pass the test. The winner gets a free red man suit with the scent of 1990's body odor.

:snicker:

When is the last time you had mandatory driving unless you wrecked and had to go to TARB? It's been a while. Hell, you have probably had PIT since the last time you did regular driving... and PIT was a blast.

Quote Originally Posted by FrtBlossm
    When is the last time you had mandatory driving unless you wrecked and had to go to TARB? It's been a while. Hell, you have probably had PIT since the last time you did regular driving... and PIT was a blast.
    Why and the hell does anyone need a mandatory driving course? If you think driving around those stupid cones at Barron was reality try running code down Pine Ridge or Airport Rd in rush hour traffic. If you can do that without crashing or muttering a few curse words that may get picked up on your voice recorder you pass. With all the traffic in this county I think I do just fine. One thing training did do years ago was mock pursuit driving at the Ford test track. The idea was good but the actual training by the instructors at the time was lousy. This should be mandatory for all new recruits.

:snicker: