Beware of Everett Rice if you work for a City PD - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Beware of Everett Rice if you work for a City PD

Amen to that one, Guest!! You got that one right. Simply compare pay checks!!

I disagree with the last two as they don't seem to have open minds.

Prior to the last two, the posts and their points make perfect sense.

The Sheriff should stick to running the jail and the court complex. Let the municipalities incorporate the remaining land and let Largo, Pinellas Park, St Pete and Clearwater handle the rest of the law enforcement.

Now there is a sensible reply to the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Hey deputy...beat it. Take a look at the scoreboard (aka pay checks), you lost. I'll take my 20/out option with my supplemental, OT and better equipment while I remain here in the "training grounds". Clearwater PD provides a level of service to the citizens of this city that the sheriff could never match. We are more efficient and any future proposal the sheriff makes stating otherwise would be a lie like the last one.
    Hey , 20/ out option and then what? Another job. Must be a reason why so many ex-CPD guys get the twenty and then leave as fast as they can. Ask the dozen or so ex-CPD guys at the PCSO where they would rather be. Level of service? Really? Sell that to a PTA meeting but it won't fly here.

Try thinking of a pension check every month plus another check every two weeks. Or in plain terms a pay raise. So you work your 20 with one dept. then take the money and run. Where do you run, to the next place. All the other Bull S--t is just that. It's all about the money.

Member LEO Affairs Detective

Dbl Dipper edited for content.

The Sheriff should stick to running the jail and the court complex. Let the municipalities incorporate the remaining land and let Largo, Pinellas Park, St Pete and Clearwater handle the rest of the law enforcement.
    IT IS APPARENT SOMEONE DOES NOT UNDERSTAND THEIR FL CONSTITUTIONAL LAW OR HOW LE WORKS HERE IN FL. YOU GO AHEAD A TRY TELLING ALL OF THE FL SHERIFFS THAT THEY SHOULD JUST HANDLE THEIR CORRECTIONS FACILITIES AND LEAVE THE BIG BAD JOB OF POLICING TO YOUNGSTERS LIKE YOU. TRY ALSO A UNIFICATION OF THE LITTLE CITY STATES UNDER ONE LE AGENCY. STOP! YOU MUST BE DELUSIONAL. OUR TWO UNION PRESIDENTS ARE PROTECTING THEIR OWN CAREERS AND ARE HELL BENT ON PLAYING NICE WITH THE CITY AND THE CHIEF. SOME WOULD SAY THEY SOLD THEIR SOULS. WATCH WHAT THEY HAVE RECEIVED AND WILL RECEIVE. SEE HOW MOTIVATED THEY ARE TO HELP OR STAND UP FOR THE RIGHTS OR FOR WHAT WE HAVE FOUGHT FOR YEARS AND YEARS TO GET. YOU DO NOT GIVE UP GROUND ALREADY WON. THE CITY WILL EVENTUALLY WANT DEMAND AND GET WHAT THEY GOT FROM CWA, AND OUT TWO PRESIDENTS WILL NOT STAND IN THEIR WAY. MY OPINION. TRY ASKING THE OFFICERS THAT HAVE LEFT CPD AND WENT O OTHER AGENCIES ON BOTH SIDES OF THE BAY AND NORTH. THEY ARE HAPPY AND WOULD DO IT ALL OVER AGAIN. AS FOR THE LEVEL OF SERVICE, I'D CALL A DEPUTY ANY DAY VS ONE OF OURS. HELL, IT WOULD TAKE US AN ETERNATY TO RESPOND AND THEN WE WOULD FIND A WAY TO NOT TAKE A REPORT. THEN WE'D ALL HANG AROUND SO WE DIDN'T GET ANOTHER CALL. NO, THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH GOING WITH PCSO. AND IT MAKES SIENCE FINANCIALLY TOO. FOR THE CITIES AND FOR THE TAXPAYERS. WHY FIGHT IT. IT WILL HAPPEN ONE DAY. BANK ON IT.

Beware of Everett Rice if you work for a City PD

Quote Originally Posted by Dbl Dipper
    Hey deputy...beat it. Take a look at the scoreboard (aka pay checks), you lost. I'll take my 20/out option with my supplemental, OT and better equipment while I remain here in the "training grounds". Clearwater PD provides a level of service to the citizens of this city that the sheriff could never match. We are more efficient and any future proposal the sheriff makes stating otherwise would be a lie like the last one.
    Hey , 20/ out option and then what? Another job. Must be a reason why so many ex-CPD guys get the twenty and then leave as fast as they can. Ask the dozen or so ex-CPD guys at the PCSO where they would rather be. Level of service? Really? Sell that to a PTA meeting but it won't fly here.
    Smart play is to bail out of here at 20. Go work for a real agency, and bottom line, have a pay increase at years end (total income). CPD is a starter agency now. Actually, start at an SO agency or one across the bay. AtCPD it seems all too clear that management seems to own the two unions. Tax payers need a break. In tiny pinellas we don't need 20+ agencies and all that comes with it. Like was said above go talk to those that left. they have never been happier. Why is that? Not one working at another agency or not working and in another state enjoying life will tell you they miss the place and would come back. Those working at other agencies have real agencies to deal and grow with and are treated with respect. CPD has become a place to LEAVE - or get a start and leave. The financial situation in this county and with the cities say consolodate. Its also not a bad word when looking for a career move or a career boost or a career start. Consolodate. :cop: :cop:

Hey go on your boards and try to sell how great your Agency is... Your own Deputies will throw you out on your A**... First pay raise in four years and it went to your Pension, but ooops... You didn't even get that cause County Commission denied that, your so short on the road you can't get time off, that's a real morale booster... Oh yea and your right the only way to work for the Sheriffs office is after you retire from another Agency. No active officer leaves Clearwater to go to the Sheriffs Office, they go to another City Agency I.e. Tampa because it is bigger that's the only reason and a few of them tried to come back. Oh and as far as a take over it's done fellas it was proven over and over that the Sheriff is over priced... We just added more Crime scene techs because you have now out priced that along with your usefulness. We love the Sheriffs office because we all do the same job with the same issues, but enough with your attempts to sell your Agency via Leoaffairs.... Very sad that you have been reduced to putting your points on this board when your own guys are beaten down. The golden age of "The Star Man," has passed not even your own guys believe it anymore otherwise you would be on your own board...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast