Fl. Governor to Investigate Lee Sheriff
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Fl. Governor to Investigate Lee Sheriff

New rumor that the Office of the Governor has opened a criminal case against Lee Sheriff Mike Scott regarding a coverup of the death of an inmate. A Special Prosecutor assigned by the Governor to assume the investigation.

Re: Fl. Governor to Investigate Lee Sheriff

Quote Originally Posted by whosaywhat?
    New rumor that the Office of the Governor has opened a criminal case against Lee Sheriff Mike Scott regarding a coverup of the death of an inmate. A Special Prosecutor assigned by the Governor to assume the investigation.
    Maybe the little criminal will finally go down. I hope that any deputy or CO that has knowledge of this comes forward and ends the reign of terror and corruption in the LCSO.

Since when does the Office of the Governor investigate or prosecute anybody? I don't think that is their role. We have an Attorney General who does that. Of course, at any time, the US Attorney could open an investigation on anything. Some you might hear about, some you won't...

As a citizen and taxpayer in Lee County, I have questions. Please help me understand this incident, a family in Ohio reaches out to their local police for assistance as to what to do, this agency contacts the Lee County Sheriff's Office, who in turns arrest the man. After which all hell breaks lose in the jail and the man dies. Did anyone from the Sheriff's Office contact the family in Ohio and obtain more health information about the man? Why were they so aggressive with a man physically who wasn't going to get any better without his medication? Is this policy to subdue and spray and spray and spray and spray a man so many times when he is in need of medical attention. This is scary, who is he going to hurt when he is tied down, that would be the best time to get him help, medical help. This sure sounds wrong. Is it the policy to investigate your own killings, I recall that some of the in-mates at the time made it known that they weren't talked to by the investigators, as it was felt they'd lie about what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    As a citizen and taxpayer in Lee County, I have questions. Please help me understand this incident, a family in Ohio reaches out to their local police for assistance as to what to do, this agency contacts the Lee County Sheriff's Office, who in turns arrest the man. After which all hell breaks lose in the jail and the man dies. Did anyone from the Sheriff's Office contact the family in Ohio and obtain more health information about the man? Why were they so aggressive with a man physically who wasn't going to get any better without his medication? Is this policy to subdue and spray and spray and spray and spray a man so many times when he is in need of medical attention. This is scary, who is he going to hurt when he is tied down, that would be the best time to get him help, medical help. This sure sounds wrong. Is it the policy to investigate your own killings, I recall that some of the in-mates at the time made it known that they weren't talked to by the investigators, as it was felt they'd lie about what happened.
    Come on, Counselor! You don't need to practice your opening statement in your civil suit here. You already know all the answers to these questions.

Put on the badge and deal with a violent "man who is need of medical attention". After you get killed by said man due to your expert knowledge of handling violent people, we'll add your name to the wall in Washington D.C.;

Then don't call the Police"" problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Good Jailer
    Then don't call the Police"" problem solved.
    Sounds like something Col. TE would say. Can't wait to see who MS throws under the bus for this one. Homicide=Prison, someone will be going. :snicker:

Put on the badge and deal with a violent "man who is need of medical attention". After you get killed by said man due to your expert knowledge of handling violent people, we'll add your name to the wall in Washington D.C.;
    Hey get off the citizens back, after all, the guy was already in jail, had been totally secured in a restraining chair, who was he going to kill, read the facts.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast