hiring? - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: hiring?

Re: hiring?

Quote Originally Posted by MGPD
    Quote Originally Posted by agree
    Quote Originally Posted by Broken Record
    Honestly this is the same broken record everyone has. Look at all the department forums.
    I guess I can agree with that.
    Well, one thing I'm hoping for is that things will change once the "upper brass" goes away sometime between now and December 2012. Whether they will change for the better or worse, it's yet to be seen. With new people in new possitions always comes change. This summer residents will be electing a new Mayor and city council. After that it's all down hill. City manager will most likely leave (most likely), chief will retired by Dec '12 (not that we see him anyhow so it doesn't matter either way), D.C. will definitely leave (he's in charge now because the chief is always gone), and the 3 Maj's will most likely retired (although we can never be sure about Chappy)...So, there will be a lot of room for upward mobility.
    I'd like to see E.M. and R.S. get promoted to Maj, A.L to Maj or Dep Chief, and M.G. to Maj. and bring a Chief from the outside. A.B. is too inmature/young to be a Dep Chief.
    Get rid of some of those "do-nothing-but-collect-a-second-paycheck Sergeants and promote some young blood.
    This is only my opinion, from a patrol officer's point of view...
    Sounds good to me cuz

Re: hiring?

[quote=sounds good]
    Quote Originally Posted by MGPD
    Quote Originally Posted by agree
    Quote Originally Posted by "Broken Record":2byyyifr
    Honestly this is the same broken record everyone has. Look at all the department forums.
    I guess I can agree with that.
    Well, one thing I'm hoping for is that things will change once the "upper brass" goes away sometime between now and December 2012. Whether they will change for the better or worse, it's yet to be seen. With new people in new possitions always comes change. This summer residents will be electing a new Mayor and city council. After that it's all down hill. City manager will most likely leave (most likely), chief will retired by Dec '12 (not that we see him anyhow so it doesn't matter either way), D.C. will definitely leave (he's in charge now because the chief is always gone), and the 3 Maj's will most likely retired (although we can never be sure about Chappy)...So, there will be a lot of room for upward mobility.
    I'd like to see E.M. and R.S. get promoted to Maj, A.L to Maj or Dep Chief, and M.G. to Maj. and bring a Chief from the outside. A.B. is too inmature/young to be a Dep Chief.
    Get rid of some of those "do-nothing-but-collect-a-second-paycheck Sergeants and promote some young blood.
    This is only my opinion, from a patrol officer's point of view...
    Sounds good to me cuz[/quote:2byyyifr]

Ok, that sounds fair. But just like you said, we'll see what the "city elections" bring...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234