REMEMBER
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: REMEMBER

REMEMBER

this will be my first and last post. And, yes, I'm not afraid to put my name out there. I will say this, it made my skin crawl this morning when I read the AM paper announcing Bill Cameron is running for sheriff again. 4 years ago as of Tuesday, true hell and devastation entered our family. I was at Nathan and Denise's house the night Denise died. I saw first hand the chaos that had started in the CCSO. I remember vividly the friction between NPPD (North Port) and the CCSO. CCSO was begging for information, NPPD was begging for the CCSO to get out of their hair. CCSO kept saying the NPPD was hogging and sitting on information while they had cars out NOT KNOWING what to look for. NPPD kept saying "We're giving you all we've got!". It was appalling. Many of you may not know that, yes, CCSO did have many many cars out there but because the CCSO sent the teletype operator home early as to not pay overtime 3 BOLOs starting at 4:59PM when unmonitored and undispatched. The CCSO did not know to look for a green Camaro until after 6:30PM. After JR Davis listened with Rick to Denise's frantic and heartbreaking 9-1-1 call. It was at this time Jane Kowalski called and the keystone cops went at it. The calltaker decided to write the information down on post-it notes. The dispatchers did not dispatch Kowalski's call. AND WORSE, the CCSO NEVER let the NPPD know about Kowalski's call. It wasn't until Saturday after Kowalski called NPPD several times did the NPPD figure out what happened. The CCSO sat on that information for TWO days while my family was frantically searching for Denise. Two days! And we would have never found out about the call had Kowalski not called. Cameron was communications chief that night. He was in charge.

That year Cameron decided to run for sheriff and hid behind Davenport. To this day Cameron treats our family and Jane Kowalski with disdain and arrogance. He dismissed our concerns as "anger" against Michael King. Michael King did pull the trigger but the powers that be at the CCSO did not make our tragedy any easier to bear. They made it worse. In the internal affairs report the supervisor of the PSAP testified that it took an hour and 15 minutes to patch radios, and that she knew there was a phone call but did not know anything about it. She was too busy patching those radios.

Do I blame the call taker and the dispatchers who were lightly reprimanded by having vacation pay taken away? No. I blame the higher ups and the supervisors. I blame the person who made the decision to save paying overtime to an underpaid employee by sending the home and leaving the BOLOs unmonitered. And the decision makers who decided NOT to let the NPPD know about the call. About a prospective eye witness who was able to ID King. Two days!

What does this have to do with Eddie Pope? I don't know. I have no idea if he's qualified or not to run for sheriff. But I agree with the above comment that at least he has the balls to run against the good old boys that think they are God's gift to Charlotte County. I do not, at all, look forward to another $100K worth of "cops for Cameron" signs.

And, now, during the lawsuit (yes, Nathan is suing Charlotte County) there attorney cannot even remember Denise's name. Mr. Jolly continues to call her Amber. Talk about insensitivity and hurtful.

Sadly, I will not be able to vote against Bill Cameron. I've since moved to Sarasota County. But I pray to God everyone who has a vote votes against him.

I apologize for intruding on this conversation and running on. I apologize for my bitterness.

I and my family have done our best to bring about positive changes in our 9-1-1 centers. We appreciate all the men and women who were out there the night Denise was taken. We appreciate all the men and women who helped search. We know you are dedicated people only wanting to save lives. We know you see horror stories unfold on a daily basis. We keep you in our prayers. We know the majority of 9-1-1 call takers are "angels on earth" and some are just not cut out for it. I met the man who took the call from the science teacher at Columbine. He stayed on the phone with him for over 8 hours listening to him talk about his love for his wife and children only to finally die. God bless you for all you do.

It's extremely disturbing that politics has to enter into law enforcement. Power, ego, money etc.... they can taker over a person. I truly wish sheriff's were not elected and given sovereign immunity. Once they enter into the political arena many good men and women lose their integrity and honor only to run in the next election. I wish life was different. I truly think too much power goes to peoples heads.

God bless you all. And, again, I apologize but needed to have my say.

Peggy Lee

added edit: I am Denise's mother-in-law, who loved Denise deeply and miss her with all my heart. Also, Mr. Jolly is the CCSO's attorney in Nathan's lawsuit.

THIS DESERVES ITS OWN POST...God Bless the Lee and Goff families!!

Re: REMEMBER

My question is why is RG sitting back and being best buddies with the admin. that caused all this. Why doesnt he get a set of b+++++ and fight for what he believed for his family.

Maybe he is scared

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Maybe he is scared
    I hope he supports Ed. I think those are two men who could tear down the walls of corruption within the CCSO and prevent another tragedy from God for bid ever happening again.

Nice narrative - D.A.L. - R.I.P.

but...

check the birthday on the hubby's latest kid then do the math for the conception date. HMMMM...grieving husband??????

Those involved were punished and BC was not really the man in charge when that went down. I don't see where BC has done any real good for the county or his people, but don't slam him for stuff he doesn't deserve. Not to mention if you think BC is bad...go ahead and elect Eddie then see how bad it gets. Take an independant look at him before you sing his praises...then again I know FHP would throw a party if they can get rid of him.

You people get my blood pressure up!

My question is why is RG sitting back and being best buddies with the admin. that caused all this. Why doesnt he get a set of b+++++ and fight for what he believed for his family.

RG is a professional. He does his job because he loves it and this is his retirement. He isn't best buddies with them, he doesn't hang out with them on his days off. He comes to work, does his job, protects his people and goes home. Your a fool for saying such a stupid thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Really?
    Nice narrative - D.A.L. - R.I.P.

but...

check the birthday on the hubby's latest kid then do the math for the conception date. HMMMM...grieving husband??????

Those involved were punished and BC was not really the man in charge when that went down. I don't see where BC has done any real good for the county or his people, but don't slam him for stuff he doesn't deserve. Not to mention if you think BC is bad...go ahead and elect Eddie then see how bad it gets. Take an independant look at him before you sing his praises...then again I know FHP would throw a party if they can get rid of him.

You people get my blood pressure up!
    Are you for real Really? I took your advice and did an independent look at Ed Pope... Well, I am singing that we finally have someone worthy! FHP didn't throw a party but they did send him another accommodation since he has been gone from the FHP for his role in the new FHP documentary “Trooper". By the way, I watched a copy of it and it was Outstanding. Good Job FHP!! Anyway, I am taking another independent look at the other three candidates and let's see... One is a wanna be, One was indicted and the other one broke his campaign promises. I definatly see the making of a new three stooges movie. The only thing that is going to get real bad is when you find yourself on the unemployment line if you are one of those good old boys but Thank You Really for opening my eyes,

Good Luck Ed!

Ed is a self praiser and puts himself in for accomodations.

Ed is a self praiser and puts himself in for accomodations.
    Are you kidding me? Ed hasn't worked for the patrol for almost three months and you think he puts himself in for accommodations, LOL.. Who writes this crap? I'll tell you what why don't you drive up to the FHP station in Venice and speak with his commander then report you findings here on LEO affairs. I can't wait to hear this.. Self-praise and he puts himself in for accommodations. Are you on medication? I can obviously see that you don't know Ed and you are desperation fighter for one of the 3 candidates, probably Cameron.. Anyway, I look forward to hearing from you.
    FHP

Eddie writes this crap. What people are not being told is that there was a CCSO deputy there with EP who actually saw Kings car first, while EP was facing the opposite way, So when King drove by EP was facing that direcection, so it was decided that the CCSO would remain at his post because they were not sure it was the right vehicle, and didn't wan't to leave the intersection in cae it was not. Just another war story by EP or should I say fish story that grows as it's being told. Quit telling half truths EP to make yourself look good. Go ahead EP tell the truth or we'll publish the deputy's name and everybody can can ask him to verify this information.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast