The good, the bad, and the ugly

The good, the bad, and the ugly

Well Folks,

The good:

Since I generally post about negative news, I feel a certain responsibility to post about the recent positive happenings at the Dept. I think most of us were taken back by the re-activation of our step-pay plan, yesterday. It seems to have come from no-where, and at a time when budget money is tighter than ever. I, for one, will be the first to admit that the Chief really pulled through on this one. I am very thankful for the increase in wages, and will do my part to show my appreciation by keeping my activity at an above-average level. Aside from the step-plan reactivation, returning to a shift bid system has really pleased most members at the Department. We are finally seeing some positive happenings at our Dept, which was stagnant and plagued by negativity until recently. Hopefully, good things will continue to happen, and morale will follow suit. THANK YOU CHIEF!

The bad:

We still need to elect a new pension representative who is directly affected. Like I said previously, bravo to the Chief for his role in the restoration of our step-plan. BUT, we need to keep our long-term goals in mind, most importantly our retirement. Although I sincerely hope this is not the case, in the past at PCPD, 'things' have happened and people have been promoted to deter imminent changes that may have affected the chief directly. Immediately coming to mind are the restoration of the K-9 unit, and more importantly, the original implementation of the step-pay plan. Both, mysteriously, happened as the Department was on the verge of unionizing. I'm not saying this is the case here, but it really begs the question, was Chief fearful he would be replaced sooner than he planned as our pension rep, and if he was, would he be forced to retire before he was ready? Something as big as the restoration of our step-pay plan certainly has the capability of re-routing attention. I know this second paragraph is likely to piss some people off, most of which will claim I am not appreciative, or that I am a conspiracist. My response is as follows:

For the third time, I SINCERELY HOPE the above is not the case, and that the Chief led the restoration of the step-plan solely to benefit us, the officers. I just want people to think about the future, and always be cognizant of what 'could be.'

The ugly:

Outer-vest covers and impalas - enough said!

Re: The good, the bad, and the ugly

Good post GOD BLESS all you guys Pls check ouut my articles under"ABOUT" thanks