Bye Bye 1% and Heart BILL
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bye Bye 1% and Heart BILL

Well Here goes our 1% and Heart Bill. Cono!!!!

MIAMI FRATERNAL ORDER OF POLICE
    LODGE NO. 20

January 9, 2012

To: The City of Miami Mayor and Commissioners,

For the Past three years our members have endured painful cuts in salary and benefits in order to help the city avoid financial disaster.

Every year, I am told that the city is expected to do much better in the coming years and as we see a number of new revenue sources coming on line, one can only hope that in FY 2011/2012, the City will stop depending on our members to balance their books.

The City Manager had expressed to me that he wanted to start negotiations early this year in order to reach an amicable agreement in a timely fashion, insinuating that the bloodletting was over.

Imagine my surprise when I read the January 12, 2012 Commission Agenda, specifically, RE.4, Resolution by the City Manager;

A RESOLUTION OF THE CITY OF MIAMI COMMISSION SUPPORTING PUBLIC EMPLOYEE PENSION PLANS AND DISABILITY PRESUMTION REFORMS TO MAKE THE PLANS FINANCIALLY SUSTAINABLE, RESPONSIVE TO TAXPAYER BURDEN AND SECURE FOR FUTURE PUBLIC EMPLOYEES; DIRECTING THE CITY CLERK TO TRANSMIT A COPY TO THE ELECTED OFFICIALS STATED HEREIN.

This resolution is asking to take away our 185 state monies (Better known as the 1% Fund) and the Heart Bill.

It is quite clear that the city has no intention of negotiating in good faith and that you do not care about the men and women that risk their lives every day to protect the citizens of Miami.

I wonder when we will see elected officials with a vision and innovative ideas to govern the City of Miami in a professional manner that does not include sucking the blood out of its police officers.

I write this letter in disgust and contempt for all city officials, it is no wonder that the City of Miami was ranked as the worst managed city in the nation by 24/7 Wallstreet. The study conducted by 24/7 Wallstreet takes into account cities’ financial health, unemployment rate, poverty rate and high school graduation rates, along with the violent crime rate that come as a result of poor standing in each of these categories. Your total incompetence has turned was could be a great city into the laughing stock of the nation.

Yours truly,

Armando Aguilar
    President
    Miami-FOP-20

Re: Bye Bye 1% and Heart BILL

There are a LOT of us on the Heart Bill, and the loss of the 1% fund would be devastating

can u believe that letter the flop prez n vp are surprise that they are going to **** us again really please

We will never totally lose it, worst case senario everyone with less than 10 or 15 will lose it like the new guys that now have to wait to get 70 points to retire.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    We will never totally lose it, worst case senario everyone with less than 10 or 15 will lose it like the new guys that now have to wait to get 70 points to retire.
    and what? that would be okay with you? I have 10 years on, I took this job with the 1% promised to me.

we cannot be divided again

It bothers be that we might loose those benefits, I see it happening since city hall has been trying hard for several years. What really Ticks me off is this letter from our infamous FLOP leader trying hard to make us believe that he really cares, who is he kidding! I would believe it more if it came from Santa.

what someone really needs to do is conduct a thorough audit of how much money city hall has given away or donated to various events, organizations etc. over the last say 3 years. I am sure the total amount will stagger us, and they want to keep taking from the employees!!!

oh,,, lets not forget amount all the money that is wasted because their are so many incompetent individuals at city hall............and make stupid decisions like that marlins garage fiasco

Guys do not be fooled city has been trying to take away the 1 percent since we got it. FOP pulls this media stunt every year do you keep the one percent corruption board in tact. Vote the incumbent out!! Javi and Armando please go on scare tactics with this crap and leave the true brothers alone

We need to give the PBA a try. A union with a large number of members, resources and attorneys. These dirty politicians who the FOP endorse do not see the FOP. City hall knows we dont have a "union," they know we do not support the clowns on the board. City hall already knows the FLOP has no real power. WE have been getting paycuts for years now while the County is just starting to see cuts. We are severly under paid for the amount of work we do.
    Unless you part of a clique here you have no representation. WE CANT EVEN CHANGE THE FLOP BECAUSE OF THE ABSENTEE RIG.

F u Armando and Javi we are the ones disgusted but with u two clowns. It's time for the rest of the members to abandon the FOP.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast